Options

Do The Evolution animation cells, storyboards and sketches on sale tomorrow

sak300zxsak300zx Posts: 720
Collectionzz has over 40 different storyboards, animation cells and sketches used in the creation of the 'Do The Evolution' music video for sale beginning May 1 at 2pm EST at Collectionzz.com. There's also a pre-sale for everyone who is part of their Facebook group.  

www.Collectionzz.com

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,012
    edited April 2018
    Too expensive for me. But being an animator, I would love to have one up on my wall.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    BUMP - today is the day !!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Too expensive for me. But being an animator, I would love to have one up on my wall.
    How much are do they run? It's kind of annoying that you have to sign up for an account just to see the art and prices. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    How much are do they run? It's kind of annoying that you have to sign up for an account just to see the art and prices. 
    anywhere from 100 to 1,500 for this sale.  The expensive ones are multiple pieces - sketches, animation cells, and storyboards.  The Death Girl pieces are incredible.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    This is super exciting again......cant wait for this to go live.......

who's after what?
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

who's after what?
    I'm being conservative, and going for the opening scene 1.. I already have the other storyboard for scene 1, so it makes sense..

what are you after, Paul?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    SJD3232 said:
    pdalowsky said:

who's after what?
    I'm being conservative, and going for the opening scene 1.. I already have the other storyboard for scene 1, so it makes sense..

Thats a really great idea

Im really a fan of those ape pieces

40 minutes
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    pdalowsky said:
    SJD3232 said:
    pdalowsky said:

who's after what?

40 minutes
    9 minutes since you're a member of the facebook group.. keep your eyes peeled on the group!
    Post edited by SJD3232 on
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    SJD3232 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    SJD3232 said:
    pdalowsky said:

who's after what?

40 minutes
    9 minutes since you're a member of the facebook group.. keep your eyes peeled on the group!
    Is there any background about where these came from? I've seen a lot of these on ebay over the years, but they are usually signed by Todd McFarlane or a band member. None of these seem to be.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Jed said:
    SJD3232 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    SJD3232 said:
    pdalowsky said:

who's after what?

40 minutes
    Is there any background about where these came from? I've seen a lot of these on ebay over the years, but they are usually signed by Todd McFarlane or a band member. None of these seem to be.
    Yes Jed. All items in the Collectionzz sale came from Joe Pearson, owner of Epoch Ink. He was the co-producer of the video, and also wrote a book about making the video which has been delayed (but is finally coming out in October 2018). The cells were distributed after the video to the producers and directors. From there, some of the cells made it into private collections over the years, which is why you may see other cells. Only Joe's collection had the storyboards, since they were part of the Epoch Ink production, so you won't see those anywhere else. Same thing with the sketches, although it is possible some of the actual animators kept a few, but highly unlikely they haven't been lost/destroyed or will be made available.
    Post edited by sak300zx on
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    You know, a funny thing.... I stayed with Joe at his Airbnb in Venice, CA about four years ago and he had a few cells up on the wall and was showing me since music came up.  I told him a bunch of people here would be interested in buying the cells, glad he got around to selling them.  I'll have to drop him a line. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Probably some of the best memorabilia from the band, IMO. 

I don't see anything like this EVER coming close to the uniqueness.   There will surely be some more great posters, but there is only one DTE video!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options

I don't see anything like this EVER coming close to the uniqueness.   There will surely be some more great posters, but there is only one DTE video!
    THIS
  • Options

Very very true. Posters nowadays are printed by the thousands. There are only a few of these and that's it. 
    www.Collectionzz.com