Options

London Help

cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
edited April 2018 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey Londoners - trying to work out a quick trip in for the show(s) and would be coming into Stansted. Flights leave early in the morning...should we head back toward Stansted after the show? Let's put it this way - let's say you're coming in to Stansted early on the 18th...may do both shows (if tix work out) and then would leave on the 20th at 0730. Where would you stay or how would you do the trip logistics? I've only been to London once and just for a day, so not real familiar with it all. Thanks in advance! (And if anyone ever needs help with the intricacies of mid-Missouri travel, I am more than happy to help reciprocate!)
Post edited by cd21miller on

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,944
    Stansted is a bit far out. I would not expect  you can get there unless you leave way early a.m from central  London. I suggest more time . So stay at Stansted  airport and  get back there night of the 2nd show. I'm sure that is possible 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    TheMooksterTheMookster Posts: 91
    Hi, I've not used it but the following coach runs through the night from Stratford to Stansted airport I believe:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/Landing/route.aspx?from=London (Stratford)&to=Stansted

It looks like it takes about 50 minutes.

They leave from outside Stratford station I think which is 3 stops/10 mins on the subway (Jubilee Line) from The O2 where PJ are playing. Also there is a local bus (number 108) from the O2 to Stratford station, which takes about 30 minutes. 

So you could either stay near Stratford and maybe have time to crash for a couple of hours after the gig before getting an early coach to Stansted, or go straight to Stansted after the gig and just wait there for your flight. 

I don't know what facilities, if any, are available at Stansted airport during the night but you can check here:
    https://www.stanstedairport.com/
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • Options
    FYI, if you do a timetable search for a coach on that first link I posted ("http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/Landing/route.aspx?from=London (Stratford)&to=Stansted"), when it shows results for available coaches, it also says the following:

"For airport journeys we recommend allowing at least 3 hours (180 minutes) between your coach arrival time and scheduled flight departure."

I imagine that's partly because of potential traffic and queues at the airport so I doubt that it's as important during the night where there would be almost no traffic and you'd be among the first passengers at the airport 

Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • Options
    Sorry, the link split when I posted it so trying to embed the link below. If that doesn't work,just make sure to copy and paste the whole thing above rather than click on it 
    <a href="http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/Landing/route.aspx?from=London%20(Stratford)&to=Stansted">National Express Stansted Coach</a>

• Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    Thanks so much for the help!