2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    The NHL needs to replace the Capitals in the playoffs with some other team every year.  Pathetic.
    hahaha
    It was only a 2-0 lead Pittsburgh overcame ... but they must be further in Washingtons head.

San Jose got thumped...

7-0 holy shit, wtf happened, to late for me to watch.  

Ovy eating chips as Crosby strolled by and scored on Holtby.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    come on Caps, beat the pens this series, please!
    Bahahahaha, never gonna happen dude. :rofl: 
    probably not. 

I'm jumping on the Vegas bandwagon now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nami said:
    The NHL needs to replace the Capitals in the playoffs with some other team every year.  Pathetic.
    hahaha
    It was only a 2-0 lead Pittsburgh overcame ... but they must be further in Washingtons head.

San Jose got thumped...

7-0 holy shit, wtf happened, to late for me to watch.  

Ovy eating chips as Crosby strolled by and scored on Holtby.

Crosby just keeps proving time and again he's the best in the world...

San Jose was down 4-0 halfway through period 1...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    That hurts for game 1.  Nash was flying but El Toro just held strong and was opportunistic.  You never know in the playoffs.

Game 2 should be different.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    The Jets have really good goaltending...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Go Bolts!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Hoping my Rangers luck out with a high pick today
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited April 2018
    Swedish D Man is meant to be the best d prospect in 20-30 years.
    Dahlin is suppose to be good ... but I seriously doubt we ever see a Swedish defensemen better than Lidstrom ... Lidstrom didn't even win his first Norris until he was like 30 or something ... then he reeled off 7 in his 30's unreal.  That level of greatness on defence will not be seen anytime soon.  Don Cherry will hate this, but he's in the conversation of greatest defensemen of all-time.  Most wing fans I know state he's the greatest wing ever...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Dahlin is suppose to be good ... but I seriously doubt we ever see a Swedish defensemen better than Lidstrom ... Lidstrom didn't even win his first Norris until he was like 30 or something ... then he reeled off 7 in his 30's unreal.  That level of greatness on defence will not be seen anytime soon.  Don Cherry will hate this, but he's in the conversation of greatest defensemen of all-time.  Most wing fans I know state he's the greatest wing ever...
    Better then Gordie Howe?

I saw Dahlin play in this past World JR. Championships, and he played great.
    Yeah I'm no scout just read that he was the best prospect since Denis Potvin
    cutz said:
    Better then Gordie Howe?

most Wings fans I know, list 1. Lidström 2. Yzerman then Howe...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    cutz said:
    Better then Gordie Howe?

Yzerman #1 Lidstrom # 2.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Yeah I'm no scout just read that he was the best prospect since Denis Potvin
    POTVIN SUCKS!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Potvin doesn't suck ... LOL ... well maybe at the age he is today he sucks, he was the stalwart on Islanders defence for their dynasty...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Big swing there for San Jose. 
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Nami said:
    cutz said:
    Better then Gordie Howe?

Yzerman #1 Lidstrom # 2.
    For the longest time I said Yzzerman, then Lidstrom...

I'm not a Wings fan but I think Lidstrom is ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Buffalo wins the lottery ... they get Dahlin.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    not complaining but Pitt kinda got hosed on that non goal call.

Preds/Jets game is pretty entertaining going into double OT
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Crazy game.

maybe this is the piece they need. Of the few games I saw with them, they got potential.

Preds/Jets game was good.  Man Byfuglien is a beast. I laughed at they way he threw those two guys around.

That was amazing.  Those were not small guys, either.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Nami said:

maybe this is the piece they need. Of the few games I saw with them, they got potential.

The Sabres needed this really, really badly.  

First, obviously, you want a prospect of this caliber... but the Sabres also have/had a desperate need at the blue line.  They are leaning on Ristolainen way too much and it is starting to ruin his career.  They are also leaning on McCabe a bit too much and he had to play 75% of the season hurt until they shut him down.  The head coach, Phil Housley, for obvious reasons believes in the philosophy that offense starts from the defense, and comes from Nashville where that is what they do/have done best.  Dahlin fits into what the NHL is/has become right now.  The Sabres' woes, much can be blamed on the blue line on both sides.  

Also, the lockerroom has turned into an EMO disaster.  There seems to be some personality conflicts/leadership struggles.  This high-end infusion, hopefully will improve the outlook on the team.  It will also allow Botterill to maybe shed one or two players who have been causing problems.

And as far as the fans go.  The team has had a capped season ticket holder base with a (paid) waiting list for over a decade.  This season broke the camel's back and IMO they were going to blow through their STH and we would see crowds that look pretty sparse next season.  This buys them some more time as people here are pumped for this.     
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

And the goaltender interference call.
    #FHP
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Any time Shittsburgh gets hosed on anything, I'll take it.  Though I don't think they got hosed on that call anyway.
    Goddamn it, Bolts! Quit fucking around! Although it was sort of funny to see Rask turn into a sniveling 3-year-old fucktard when his wittle skate blade bwoke, that last game sucked. Turn this shit around tonight! Turn Yanni Gourde loose on Brad Marchand and break his fucking beak!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited April 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    Nami said:

First, obviously, you want a prospect of this caliber... but the Sabres also have/had a desperate need at the blue line.  They are leaning on Ristolainen way too much and it is starting to ruin his career.  They are also leaning on McCabe a bit too much and he had to play 75% of the season hurt until they shut him down.  The head coach, Phil Housley, for obvious reasons believes in the philosophy that offense starts from the defense, and comes from Nashville where that is what they do/have done best.  Dahlin fits into what the NHL is/has become right now.  The Sabres' woes, much can be blamed on the blue line on both sides.  

Also, the lockerroom has turned into an EMO disaster.  There seems to be some personality conflicts/leadership struggles.  This high-end infusion, hopefully will improve the outlook on the team.  It will also allow Botterill to maybe shed one or two players who have been causing problems.

And as far as the fans go.  The team has had a capped season ticket holder base with a (paid) waiting list for over a decade.  This season broke the camel's back and IMO they were going to blow through their STH and we would see crowds that look pretty sparse next season.  This buys them some more time as people here are pumped for this.     
    The locker room antics stem from Kane, or was he just one of the problems?  All the media shown here was focused on him.   But looking at the roster, there's a lot of older players, I guess each has diff opinions which slows progress and overall team goals. 
    edited April 2018
    Nami said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Nami said:

The locker room antics stem from Kane, or was he just one of the problems?  All the media shown here was focused on him.   But looking at the roaster, there's a lot of older players, I guess each has diff opinions which slows progress and overall team goals. 
    It isnt focused on him by media and fans tbh, but I am sure he was a negative actor in there.

There seems to be some sort of rift.  They had Gionta and Gorges in there for leadership (and Dan Bylsma), and they were largely tuned out by the younger players (Eichel, Reinhart, Bogosian, and Kane)... and it seems OReilly (and Okposo) were on the Gionta/Bylsma side.  They changed it up, changed coach and no more Gionta.  Only named Alternate captains.  The problem seems to have gotten worse.  The epicenter seems to be Eichel vs OReilly.  Nobody really knows, but there has been a few comments and tweets that have been dissected and interpreted... and some evidence of things on video like a snub on a high five here and there and such.

I do suspect Kane had a big hand in it.

Also, the fact that they tore the organization down to the studs, hired Tim Murray, and allowed him to foolishly squander nearly every asset for pennies on the dollar.  His first trade was Brayden McNabb, 2 seconds, and a nobody to Los Angeles for 4th liner Nic Deslauriers and Hudson Fasching (who is 22 and seems to have completely stalled in development).  Another fun one is a 1st for Robin Lehner and an Ottawa salary dump (Legwand).
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    Nami said:

Preds/Jets game was good.  Man Byfuglien is a beast. I laughed at they way he threw those two guys around.

Number 1 pick doesn't mean much unless a Crosby or McDavid is on the board...very few players are can't miss...I would never say a Swedish player is a can't miss prospect...we will see...I'm a Montreal fan...I want Brady Ttachuk from Boston College...Bergeron will screw up this high pick...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Dahlin is a top-notch #1 pick.  Being a defenseman with the skill-set he brings, which is perfect for today's NHL makes him extremely valuable.  He doesn't have as much hype here because of his position, and the fact he is native of/plays in Sweden.    Playing on a lesser team without as much talent, and at a younger age, he has out-performed Karlsson and Lidstrom in the SEL.  His highlight reel(s) are amazing.  He has size, can hit, very good defensively, QB a PP, is a right-handed shot.  

Trust me.  Being a fan of a shitty team for this long, all I can do is pay attention to prospects.

Next year there is another top #1 as well.  Should be another stressful lottery.

I wanted Tkachuk, but the longer the season went, I kind of got reservations.  He didnt really produce much (8 goals in 40 games for Boston College).  Then you have a group of defensement right 'behind' him who are all looking real good.

If I was a Habs fan, I would be excited, waiting for Carolina to screw up and not take Svechnikov.  If not, its probably either Zadina or trade-down.