I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    goldrush said:
    A couple of cool Neil records have arrived

"The Great Divide" from Silver and Gold is one of my all-time favorite Neil songs!

How do you like Paradox?  I haven't heard it yet.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nico by Blind Melon! So excited this is finally being put on vinyl!!

Where did you get it?
    I must have this
    srcvinyl.ca :) If memory serves, you're not the biggest src fan... but you should go for it anyway! I've always been pleased with them myself. Although Bullmoose is also selling them, but out of the US, so not sure about the shipping costs.
    they want a lot to ship think I lol go the amazon route.
    No guarantee that Amazon will actually have it though. The posting looks like it could be one of those listings where they never actually get the item. You sure you want to take that risk? The src description makes it sounds limited. You're probably making a good choice and saving money.... I wasn't confident enough to go that route! ... Actually, Amazon.ca has the label listed as Universal. But the release announcement says it's Analog Spark. Do you think Universal is doing a wider release, and Analog Spark is only doing the Audiophile version? Amazon.com has the label listed as Analog Spark too. Might all be good going with Amazon, but beware!

I ordered it directly from Analog Spark's website. the same place I got the yellow Soup vinyl last year.

$35 includes shipping.   worth that alone for "Soup" and "John Sinclair".

and for the nerds out there- this is where the record was pressed. they talk a good game.

http://www.qualityrecordpressings.com/index.cfm?go=titles

Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Vs. by Pearl Jam
    Smash Hits by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Bout De Doigts by the Brian Jonestown Massacre
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Vs. by Pearl Jam
    I've got to see Brian Jonestown Massacre twice and they were great both times.
    Vs. by Pearl Jam
    I've got to see Brian Jonestown Massacre twice and they were great both times.

when I saw them they played almost a 3 hour show. lots of bang for the buck.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Alela Diane - Cusp

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Phantom Power - The Tragically Hip
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    Sponge - Rotting Piñata.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

"The Great Divide" from Silver and Gold is one of my all-time favorite Neil songs!

It's exactly what you'd expect from a bizarre Neil movie with a rambling 'plot'!
    Actually there's a bit of randomness in-between songs every now and then, but the songs themselves actually flow together pretty well I think.

It's worth getting for 'Cowgirl Jam' alone. There's also a nice solo pump organ version of Pocahontas, and a cover of Willie Nelson's 'Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground' sung by Lukas. I could play 'Running To The Silver Eagle' on a loop, it's got a great groove to it
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

It's exactly what you'd expect from a bizarre Neil movie with a rambling 'plot'!
    Actually there's a bit of randomness in-between songs every now and then, but the songs themselves actually flow together pretty well I think.

It's worth getting for 'Cowgirl Jam' alone. There's also a nice solo pump organ version of Pocahontas, and a cover of Willie Nelson's 'Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground' sung by Lukas. I could play 'Running To The Silver Eagle' on a loop, it's got a great groove to it
    Sounds pretty interesting- thanks, goldrush!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Where did you get it?
    I must have this
    srcvinyl.ca :) If memory serves, you're not the biggest src fan... but you should go for it anyway! I've always been pleased with them myself. Although Bullmoose is also selling them, but out of the US, so not sure about the shipping costs.
    No guarantee that Amazon will actually have it though. The posting looks like it could be one of those listings where they never actually get the item. You sure you want to take that risk? The src description makes it sounds limited. You're probably making a good choice and saving money.... I wasn't confident enough to go that route! ... Actually, Amazon.ca has the label listed as Universal. But the release announcement says it's Analog Spark. Do you think Universal is doing a wider release, and Analog Spark is only doing the Audiophile version? Amazon.com has the label listed as Analog Spark too. Might all be good going with Amazon, but beware!
    Any coupon codes?
    Tough call on what to do might have to pay more to secure it.
    Knowing my luck amazon will get it they got Soup when it was released.
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Where did you get it?
    I must have this
    Any coupon codes?
    $60 Canadian shipped. 
    Crooks
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

Sponge - Rotting Piñata.
    There are some gems on this.  Sound?  This is one of thoase records that you forget about.
    RobbyD462 said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Where did you get it?
    I must have this
    Any coupon codes?
    $60 Canadian shipped. 
    Crooks
    Vinyl used to be worth nothing.  Now they see they can make some $$$ on them...

Anybody else notice the prices creeping up on vinyl over the last few years?

I went into a place and they had Kiss Destroyer there, Ive been looking for this for a while now.  They wanted $50!!!!  FIFTY DOLLARS...

I'm still searching for a new copy BTW.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I think new vinyl has come down a little recently, used vinyl has gone way up.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    I think new vinyl has come down a little recently, used vinyl has gone way up.
    If you have inferior new pressings then I can see that for used.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    reesdog said:
    Hows the sound quality on the BRMC?
    I didn't forget about responding to this, just had some unexpected things come up and haven't had much vinyl listening time lately. Hoping to change that soon.
    I am wired and fading...
  • Boston debut album (new).

A classic I needed to have.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Boston debut album (new).

People like to shit on mid/late 70's "arena rock", but that Boston album is fantastic! I got to see Boston with Brad Delp. The dude could sing!
  • Boston debut album (new).

People like to shit on mid/late 70's "arena rock", but that Boston album is fantastic! I got to see Boston with Brad Delp. The dude could sing!
    You won't find me shitting on it- some of it is awesome! You were lucky to see Boston! Good job.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

You won't find me shitting on it- some of it is awesome! You were lucky to see Boston! Good job.
    I know I'm probably in the minority, but Boston, Kansas, Styx, etc. always sounded like generic music to me.  Boston Boston, in particular, seemed like the whole album was just one long song...
  • mrussel1 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority, but Boston, Kansas, Styx, etc. always sounded like generic music to me.  Boston Boston, in particular, seemed like the whole album was just one long song...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeJXcf2Oc2U
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Ha.. nice.  To me it's in the equivalent of how crappy late 90s became.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    Phew - I didn't even realize that this was an RSD 2018 release until 3 minutes ago, and I grabbed the last one src had in stock. I'm very excited about this! It's been on my want/need list for a long time! I've never been the biggest Eric Clapton fan (with all due respect), but I got this soundtrack on cassette when the movie came out and it has always really stuck with me. I used to play it ALL the time in high school as I fell asleep. For me personally, it's the best thing Clapton's ever done, and I'm super stoked to be able to spin it finally for only $21 CAD + shipping. :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Sponge - Rotting Piñata.
    There are some gems on this.  Sound?  This is one of thoase records that you forget about.
    RobbyD462 said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RobbyD462 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Where did you get it?
    I must have this
    Any coupon codes?
    $60 Canadian shipped. 
    Crooks
    Vinyl used to be worth nothing.  Now they see they can make some $$$ on them...

Anybody else notice the prices creeping up on vinyl over the last few years?

I went into a place and they had Kiss Destroyer there, Ive been looking for this for a while now.  They wanted $50!!!!  FIFTY DOLLARS...

I'm still searching for a new copy BTW.
      Nico wasn't actually $60 though. It was more like $35 CAD... Still kinda pricey, but nothing out of line compared to other new albums (especially ones being marketed as audiophile quality). It's the shipping that made it way too expensive.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Just picked up the new Jack White album.  Headed to the show this Wednesday here in STL.

Wilco Live 1996

Car Seat Headrest- Twin Fantasy- 2011 version

Chris Robinson Brotherhood- live 2017

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Search for Animal Chin
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Bruce Springsteen- Greatest Hits RSD
    Prince- 1999 RSD
    Notorious B.I.G.- Big Poppa 12" single white vinyl
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Got my two main ISOs for Record Store Day which were Rage Against The Machine - Live at the DNC and Soundgarden - A-Sides.

Had a little unexpected addition to RSD this afternoon and picked up this Electric Fetus exclusive Prince - Nothing Compares 2 U 7” on purple vinyl (limited to 1984 copies).

http://twitter.com/PrinceMuseum/status/988503634752229379

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    kasedoug said:
    Got my two main ISOs for Record Store Day which were Rage Against The Machine - Live at the DNC and Soundgarden - A-Sides.

Had a little unexpected addition to RSD this afternoon and picked up this Electric Fetus exclusive Prince - Nothing Compares 2 U 7” on purple vinyl (limited to 1984 copies).

http://twitter.com/PrinceMuseum/status/988503634752229379

Damn, i wish I had known.  Great score!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit