Options

Nick Cave / Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

nz_spannanz_spanna Posts: 74
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I'm just discovering Nick Cave (and by discovering, I mean I've just fallen in love with "Into my arms"). Would love recommendations of songs and/or albums to listen to...

Thanks heaps!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    More News From Nowhere off his new Did Lazarus Dig album is one of the best songs of the year so far.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    More News From Nowhere off his new Did Lazarus Dig album is one of the best songs of the year so far.

it's a hard album to get into I must say compared to their last effort and grinderman I'm dissappointed to be fair... I would start with murder ballads and ni more shall we part and than grab their double album lyre of orpheus...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Into My Arms was the killer for me as well. Beautiful song. It's just incredible.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    there she goes my beautiful world!!!!!
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    The Good Son
    No More Shall We Part
    The Boatman's Call
    Murder Ballads

these are the best...

but really, there aren't any bad Nick Cave tunes.
    the Minions
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Did you know that PJ covered one of his songs?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    nick cave is brilliant
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    I like henry's dream.
    And never listen to "from her to eternity" stoned.
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    nz_spanna wrote:
    I'm just discovering Nick Cave (and by discovering, I mean I've just fallen in love with "Into my arms"). Would love recommendations of songs and/or albums to listen to...

Thanks heaps!

ship song!

but apart from that, everything. i love their first album , from her to eternity, although my favourite, one of my favourite all time albums ever really, is kicking against the pricks, which is covers, but the coolest covers you ever heard. somethings gotten hold of my heart, a real potboiler of a song, only nick can do it justice. not to mention long black veil. it's like he wrote it himself. rant, rave. rave rant. go get it!
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    Anything the man puts out is amazing. I'd say for now my top 3 albums:

Murder Ballads
    Let Love In
    Tender Prey
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 687
    Just got Toronto tix for this fall - really surprised he’s playing that large a venue in this part of the world.  That said, I’m excited to know that there’s more Nick Cave fans around than I thought.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,936
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    I saw Nick Cave from the rail last year in L.A.....there was no barrier, so he was literally almost stepping on my fingers when he was stomping around the stage...a truly surreal experience!

He is playing a huge arena in L.A. this October, but I will be in Italy, so I have to miss him this time around.  However, nothing will ever compare to the rail experience!
  • Options
    Spiritual_Chaos - thanks for the Band of Horses - I’d not heard that.

Joe joe joe - Awesome with respect to your rail experience.  I’ve seen Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds a few times over the years and would agree with your comments.  I would also add that musically the bad seeds are fantastic - some of the songs build so much during the live versions.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Saw him three times..nothing is like him..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    ST66483 said:
    Just got Toronto tix for this fall - really surprised he’s playing that large a venue in this part of the world.  That said, I’m excited to know that there’s more Nick Cave fans around than I thought.
    I had the same surprise when he announced shows in Europe last year. I thought the venues (15,000 capacity arenas) would be too big for him and his music, especially since his latest album Skeleton Key is quite an introspective record. Well, not only did he sell out the venue quite quickly, but the show did not suffer from the bigger venue. He could still captivate the audience, including those in the last rows.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    ST66483 said:
    I had the same surprise when he announced shows in Europe last year. I thought the venues (15,000 capacity arenas) would be too big for him and his music, especially since his latest album Skeleton Key is quite an introspective record. Well, not only did he sell out the venue quite quickly, but the show did not suffer from the bigger venue. He could still captivate the audience, including those in the last rows.
    I saw him in Europe too last year and was suprised that the arena was so big. But, likewise, he filled that arena with his music and his presence and persona. It was the best Nick Cave gig I have ever seen, so far.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Good to hear - thanks!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Seen them at the Beacon a year or so ago and was truely one of the better shows in recent memory. Nick is amazing! Their coming back and playing Barclays which is a far cry from the Beacon but i don't think ill be able to miss it.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Seeing him tonight here in Gothenburg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    enjoy - Nick and the Bad Seeds are always a fantastic show!
  • Options
    It's your first time??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    It's your first time??
    Yes. Amazing!

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    It's your first time??
    Yes. Amazing!

Nick is God!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.