3-time Cancer Survivor’s Letter to Pearl Jam

Comments

• PP49889PP49889 Posts: 133
    ocb84 said:
    Part of the story my brother Peter isn't telling you is that he also had some issues going on the night of the Saint Paul concert....we had been drawn for Pit tickets through the Fan Club and he had just gotten his central line put in for Chemotherapy...he also had no platelets so had trouble clotting blood.  We gave up the GA Tix to sit in the stands since there was a risk of him getting bumped into during the show and tearing at his newly installed line.  We both sat through the show in between bouts of pure joy and pure sadness, all the while Peter would run up to the bathroom to change the dressing sitting on his chest having soaked through with blood (matching his bright Red Winnipeg PJ shirt)  The talk by Ed and Dr Tolar with Peter sitting next to me was one of those life changing and altering moments in my life.

Peter truly has been an amazing inspiration to everyone and I am so proud of his strength, determination and the willingness to show how to live while conquering an unfair bolt from the blue.  I love you Peter and can't wait to Keep on Rockin at Wrigley!

• igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    From one cancer survivor to another, keep fighting the good fight, Pat - and keep rocking' in the free world!
    Bill
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Music is embedded into my soul, it has been the life line of my existence, so I completely understand how much it has been a part of all of your difficult ordeals.  My prayers to you.  Long live rock, I need it everyday.  
    igotid_8 said:
    From one cancer survivor to another, keep fighting the good fight, Pat - and keep rocking' in the free world!
    Bill
    Congratulations, Bill!  Thanks for the kind words.  
    Music is embedded into my soul, it has been the life line of my existence, so I completely understand how much it has been a part of all of your difficult ordeals.  My prayers to you.  Long live rock, I need it everyday.  
    Thanks for your kind words.   Rock is a magical thing.  
  • jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Happy to read you're still with us!
    This is also my wife's montra song.  She almost internally bled to death from an ectopic pregnancy.  Like, lost more blood than a human should. 

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
    Happy to read you're still with us!
    This is also my wife's montra song.  She almost internally bled to death from an ectopic pregnancy.  Like, lost more blood than a human should. 

And I’m glad to read that your wife is still with us, too.  Thanks for the kind words!
    Thank you!
    Don't know why I didn't see this before, but thanks for posting your story.  I've fought cancer three times as well...and number four is here.  I need my entire reproductive system removed.  Hoping this will be the last of it and nothing bad happens, but hey, that's life...I'm just thankful I've made it this far. Please keep us posted on how things are going.
    Thank you!
    I have a scan on Thursday.   Please send all of the good vibes and prayers, Jamily.  
  • regina osrregina osr Posts: 64
    One day late, but sending all good vibes your way.   Really really hope it turned out good.  How did it go?  I guess I am not sure if I should be asking or not.  Wish you the best.  
    osr
    One day late, but sending all good vibes your way.   Really really hope it turned out good.  How did it go?  I guess I am not sure if I should be asking or not.  Wish you the best.  
    Thanks for asking.  I have it Thursday morning.  I will respond to this message when I get the results.  
    PP49889 said:
    Thanks for asking.  I have it Thursday morning.  I will respond to this message when I get the results.  
    I GOT A CLEAN SCAN!!!
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Yay!!!! As a cancer survivor myself, I'm so happy for you!! Inside job is my favorite for every situation....wished they would play it more!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    PP49889 said:
    PP49889 said:
    I GOT A CLEAN SCAN!!!
    This is wonderful and long may it continue  you are a brave man . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    PP49889 said:
    PP49889 said:
    I GOT A CLEAN SCAN!!!
    This is wonderful and long may it continue  you are a brave man . 
    Thanks again for your kind words!
    Yay!!!! As a cancer survivor myself, I'm so happy for you!! Inside job is my favorite for every situation....wished they would play it more!!!!
    Congratulations on being a Survivor.  How we choose to feel is how we are!
    Another quick goose bump moment, I got the call on Thursday of a clean scan.  Getting in the car on the way home after work, the first song I heard was Alive.   
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    absolutely awesome to read this, great to hear you are well my friend and the future is bright for you. 

pdalowsky said:
    absolutely awesome to read this, great to hear you are well my friend and the future is bright for you. 

Thank you for the kind words.  It’s a great day to be alive!
  • handreads7-30handreads7-30 Posts: 327
    Peter,
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You’re an inspiration.
    Be well,
    BP
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
    Peter,
    Be well,
    BP
    BP, I appreciate your kind words.  Take care!
    3 Months Until We Rock Wrigley!
    ocb84 said:
    Part of the story my brother Peter isn't telling you is that he also had some issues going on the night of the Saint Paul concert....we had been drawn for Pit tickets through the Fan Club and he had just gotten his central line put in for Chemotherapy...he also had no platelets so had trouble clotting blood.  We gave up the GA Tix to sit in the stands since there was a risk of him getting bumped into during the show and tearing at his newly installed line.  We both sat through the show in between bouts of pure joy and pure sadness, all the while Peter would run up to the bathroom to change the dressing sitting on his chest having soaked through with blood (matching his bright Red Winnipeg PJ shirt)  The talk by Ed and Dr Tolar with Peter sitting next to me was one of those life changing and altering moments in my life.

Peter truly has been an amazing inspiration to everyone and I am so proud of his strength, determination and the willingness to show how to live while conquering an unfair bolt from the blue.  I love you Peter and can't wait to Keep on Rockin at Wrigley!

Had a rough day today, lost a friend to cancer.  She showed me how to handle my fight with grit, tenacity and grace.   Playing man of the hour tonight.  
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371

Wonderful letter. 
    Best of luck and keep fighting.
    I'm like a tab

Wonderful letter. 
    Best of luck and keep fighting.
    Thanks for the kind words!   Fighting is my plan!
    2 months til we rock Wrigley!
    ocb84 said:

Peter,
    Be well,
    BP
    Thank you!