I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Having quite a time in Colorado! 
    Every time I think about taking a puff I say, "when in Rome!" 

Picked up some 29.9% Lemon Diesel that is making me feel quite Roman.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Enjoy, gambs.  I like that strain a lot, though I don't know the percentage.

Living off my CBD pen this morning at work.  Not full elimination of the hurting but it sure makes a difference (and beats OTC pain-relievers).
    My husband sent me this earlier on his way to work. We’ve come a long way, baby :)

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    My State(New Jersey), just added 5 more conditions for Medical Marijuana. I happen to have one of them, and i'm seriously considering given it a try.
    Have you tried it before?  Either way, I don't think you have anything to lose by going for it.  Hopefully it brings you the relief that other means didn't.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    hedonist said:
    Have you tried it before?  Either way, I don't think you have anything to lose by going for it.  Hopefully it brings you the relief that other means didn't.
    I use to smoke like a stack back in the day, but i've only smoked a handful of times in the last 20 years or so, and i don't think i've smoked at all in well over 10 years. 

I agree: at this point i don't have anything to lose 'cuz nothing else works.
    We were just watching Bong Appetit, and Viceland is running Weed Week come Monday.

As to this show, the meals are simply amazing and innovative.
    Sitting over here in a primitive, savage idiot state waiting for dude to text me just stewing.  I could buy tickets, pack my bag, and fly to Colorado quicker than this archaic process.
    :angry:
    :angry:
    :anguished:
    :bawling:
    :disappointed:
    :skull:
    It is truly ridiculous when you think about it, gambo.  One can stroll into a liquor or big-box store and purchase enough alcohol to take down more than a few people...but MARIJUANA?  God forbid.

I recently signed up with a delivery service (getnugg.com) and the convenience, the availability to have it in hand within a couple hours, is something I couldn't have imagined even five years ago.

Best part is, if they're even 10 or 15 minutes late, they'll toss in a generous "sorry for the delay" gift =)
    hedonist said:
    It is truly ridiculous when you think about it, gambo.  One can stroll into a liquor or big-box store and purchase enough alcohol to take down more than a few people...but MARIJUANA?  God forbid.

I recently signed up with a delivery service (getnugg.com) and the convenience, the availability to have it in hand within a couple hours, is something I couldn't have imagined even five years ago.

Best part is, if they're even 10 or 15 minutes late, they'll toss in a generous "sorry for the delay" gift =)
    Damn you!! 
    I was feeling pretty good about getting an oz of purps for $300 until I read that lol

In Colorado my family gets oz for $70 with medcard and club discpunt!
    "Discpunt" might be my new favorite word :glasses:

Even with my card, an ounce at $150 is considered a great deal.

Can you have some seeds or plants sent to you via your CO family and grow your own?  You've already got the whole gardening thing down.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    cutz said:
    hedonist said:
    I use to smoke like a stack back in the day, but i've only smoked a handful of times in the last 20 years or so, and i don't think i've smoked at all in well over 10 years. 

Yeah, give it a shot Jim! It certainly can't hurt!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    PJ_Soul said:
    cutz said:
    hedonist said:

Yeah, give it a shot Jim! It certainly can't hurt!
    Me too. I stopped 20 years ago
     Jusr restarted. Fuck all to lose. Love it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited April 2018
    I spent about 2 hours cleaning my bowl last night.  I've had it for 10 years and I think it was only ever cleaned at the 6 month mark.  An hour of boiling with water & vinegar and another hour of soaking in alcohol, rinsing, & shaking with salt & alcohol. There's still a few fussy areas where the resin was built up so thick but I ran out of isopropyl, so hopefully I'll finish the job tonight.  Wanted to have a nice, clean piece for Friday.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I spent about 2 hours cleaning my bowl last night.  I've had it for 10 years and I think it was only ever cleaned at the 6 month mark.  An hour of boiling with water & vinegar and another hour of soaking in alcohol, rinsing, & shaking with salt & alcohol. There's still a few fussy areas where the resin was built up so thick but I ran out of isopropyl, so hopefully I'll finish the job tonight.  Wanted to have a nice, clean piece for Friday.
    That's long and stinky...and sticky work.  I haven't done a hard cleaning in a long time, and probably won't ever again.  I figure, if something gets to the point where it absolutely needs cleaning, I'm just gonna drive down to the glass shop and buy a new one.  

That said, I busted out and charged up my Pax (original) last night.  Don't think i've used that in maybe a year.  It def needs some service.  A cleaning and some lube.  Forgot how nicely that hits.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mca47 said:
    That's long and stinky...and sticky work.  I haven't done a hard cleaning in a long time, and probably won't ever again.  I figure, if something gets to the point where it absolutely needs cleaning, I'm just gonna drive down to the glass shop and buy a new one.  

That said, I busted out and charged up my Pax (original) last night.  Don't think i've used that in maybe a year.  It def needs some service.  A cleaning and some lube.  Forgot how nicely that hits.  
    Boiling really didn't do much and is extremely timely.  And makes your entire house smell like resin.  The isopropyl bath is what really knocked most of it loose (and doesn't make your house smell like a grow op).  I picked up some acetone last night (nail polish remover) and gave it a 10 minute soak and it came out squeaky clean. Just have to rinse it reeeeaaallly really well.  I do need to get a new one, but unfortunately I don't have the convenience of heading down to a glass shop. It's internet, road trip, or bust. But otherwise yes, when you factor in cost, time, & effort, I'd rather just buy than clean.  I will say, though, it is kinda cool seeing it in its original form.  And it'll be nice & clean for the holiday Friday.  My only regret is not taking a before picture.
    Yeah I just drop it in a plastic cup with alcohol and let it sit for a few days, once a day shake it and rinse the loose chunks out.  In a few days it's good as it was when I bought it.  That was 13 years ago, my operative bowl is the first I ever bought.  Cobalt blue with a nice cream swirl, not a big honker, a nice little 2 person bowl.
    We have three bowls that are like pieces of art, though we haven't used them in quite a while.  Typically the ones that are $5 - $10 are used until unusable, then tossed and replaced.

There are some good cleaners out there though, especially combined with bristly pipe cleaners - Formula 420 is decent.

Also, try mixing some kosher salt into your homemade stuff.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I really enjoy the crazy 420 sales everywhere. Was able to load up on my favorite straight Indica night time medicine. I can usually make it a half hour after smoking this shit before my eyes force themselves shut. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    How much would that cost?^^
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    That's beautiful, WYTM.  Lots of red.  What strain is it?

Looking forward to the goody bag from my local, and then delivery treats after!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    How much would that cost?^^
    Normally it's prohibitively priced at $90 for a quarter ounce. I only buy it when I can get a deal. For 420 they were offering it for $150 an ounce.
    edited April 2018
    hedonist said:
    That's beautiful, WYTM.  Lots of red.  What strain is it?

Looking forward to the goody bag from my local, and then delivery treats after!
    It's called Body. Very high potency around 25% THC. The same grower offers a straight sativa called Mind, and a hybrid called Balance. The Balance and Body are both amazing, but I wasn't as excited about the Mind. I have a couple other strains of sativa that I prefer. Like I mentioned above, it's far too expensive for me, so I make sure to load up whenever I can get a good price.

I will add that the name is very fitting. Very easy to get that whole body numbness.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    I must be one lucky guy.  At a dispensary in Sac. I purchased one bud of Lemon Cupcake (love that name!) and just a little pinch of it in the pipe is all it takes.  I've been working on the one bud for about 3  weeks and still have half of it to go.  I think it was only $20.  Wow!

Vaping is nice but smoking is still the best way to go except for the nasty heat in the throat.  I used to have a water pipe but they're stinky and messy to clean.  Rolled is nice but I'm a lightweight so a rolled number would get stale on me.  Any ideas for how to cool a smoke and not sear my throat? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    I must be one lucky guy.  At a dispensary in Sac. I purchased one bud of Lemon Cupcake (love that name!) and just a little pinch of it in the pipe is all it takes.  I've been working on the one bud for about 3  weeks and still have half of it to go.  I think it was only $20.  Wow!

Vaping is nice but smoking is still the best way to go except for the nasty heat in the throat.  I used to have a water pipe but they're stinky and messy to clean.  Rolled is nice but I'm a lightweight so a rolled number would get stale on me.  Any ideas for how to cool a smoke and not sear my throat? 
    My go to is still usually a J.  The girl and I are lightweights so we can make a single J last 3-4 sessions.  When done, I just snuff it out and put it in a little sealed container.  Stays fresh for the next round.  I have an awesome vape pen for a quick one, a Pax that I rarely use anymore, a few bowls and a small water bowl/pipe.  Still prefer the J.

For the throat burn, I only experience that with bowls.  Maybe McGyver up a gravity bong?  hahaha
    FYI for you CBD fans out there...
    I've been using Speakeasy710's CBD products for a while now (speakeasycbd.com).  They are fairly priced and have an amazing pure CBD oil.  They also ship anywhere in the US.   For today, they have 42% off all of their stuff with promo code "420-2018".  I highly, highly recommend their vape pen.  Been using it for months now and it's got a great hit and it looks cool.  Their oils and tonics are also amazing.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    I'm celebrating 4:20 in Jamaica today. Have a good one all!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    mca47 said:
    brianlux said:

My go to is still usually a J.  The girl and I are lightweights so we can make a single J last 3-4 sessions.  When done, I just snuff it out and put it in a little sealed container.  Stays fresh for the next round.  I have an awesome vape pen for a quick one, a Pax that I rarely use anymore, a few bowls and a small water bowl/pipe.  Still prefer the J.

For the throat burn, I only experience that with bowls.  Maybe McGyver up a gravity bong?  hahaha
    J's are great but I'm the only smoker in the house and with the high potency these day, one J would last me weeks.  Not sure it would stay fresh plus roaches ALWAYS burn the throat!  I'm thinking a glass pipe with a long stem might help... if I can find one.  No luck that way so far. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

BLACK35 said:
    I'm celebrating 4:20 in Jamaica today. Have a good one all!
    Now THAT is the way to do it!

B, a small iced bong might work.  I prefer vaping, smoking flower, and tinctures vs. other methods.  Next time you go - assuming the staff are knowledgeable - maybe they could give you some suggestions?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    mca47 said:
    brianlux said:

J's are great but I'm the only smoker in the house and with the high potency these day, one J would last me weeks.  Not sure it would stay fresh plus roaches ALWAYS burn the throat!  I'm thinking a glass pipe with a long stem might help... if I can find one.  No luck that way so far. 
    There are a lot of options for small water pipes or bongs that are pretty open and easy to clean, and will cost you $10 - $20. I see them in my shops from time to time. I just did a quick search, and the 6" - 7" glass bongs on this site are what I'm talking about. I don't know anything about this company, but am using it for illustrative purposes. Your mileage may vary.
    The problem with long stemmed pipes is that you have to draw for a while to get the smoke down the stem, and when you release the carb to clear the chamber, you're sucking a lot more smoke than you would with a shorter stem. But it is all personal preference, and it may work just fine for you.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08