STOLEN: BENAROYA Hall LP Box #1092 (taken between 4/13/18 - 4/15/18 from Raleigh, NC 27603)

13»

Comments

• LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,174
    edited April 2018
    Tell her you caught the theft on tape.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2018
    I would advise filing a police report over contacting the store directly. Forensic evidence (fingerprints, etc.) could be used to prove ownership, but an unscrupulous shop owner could remove such evidence if alerted to the fact that s/he might miss out on making his/her profit.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    KC138045 said:
    This is crazy!  A true crime story unfolds on the PJ boards. I really hope there's a happy ending!!!
    In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the Ten Club Forum, who investigate crime; and Santos, who prosecutes the offenders. These are their stories.
    Image result for LAW AND ORDER GIF
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    The discogs store replied stating they were working with op and the authorities.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Horse2345 said:
    The discogs store replied stating they were working with op and the authorities.
    This is good news. Hope the OP gets his album back. 
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    I just got a tweet back from them saying they were working on on rectifying the situation. Hopefully the op will be reunited with the Benny.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited April 2018
    Whew.  Hope things work out.  Thought for a minute that Logan was going to have to start a “Give back the Benny” March in Raleigh...
    and maybe would have provoked the band to play the Benny album in its entirety in Raleigh for free concert.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    PP193448 said:
    Whew.  Hope things work out.  Thought for a minute that Logan was going to have to start a “Give back the Benny” March in Raleigh...
    and maybe would have provoked the band to play the Benny album in its entirety in Raleigh for free concert.

Pat, you know I would've!!!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

LOCK HER UP!

LOCK HER UP!

LOCK HER UP!

:)

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Funny..one gets ripped off and 50 are pissed about it...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    What was that scene in Pulp Fiction when Vince buys the heroin off Lance:

Lance: Still got your Benaroya Hall vinyl?
    Vincent: Aw man, you know what some fucker did the other day?
    Lance: What?
    Vincent: Fuckin stole it.
    Lance: Oh man, that's fucked up.
    Vincent: Tell me about it. I let her stay here for months. I'm out for 2 fuckin days and that dickless piece of shit ran off with it.
    Lance: They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
    Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught her stealing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole stealing it. It'd been worth her stealing it just so I could've caught her stealing it.
    Lance: What a fucker!
    Vincent; What's more chickenshit than stealing another man's Benaroya Hall vinyl? I mean, don't steal another man's Benaroya Hall vinyl.
    Lance: You don't do it.
    Vincent: It's against the rules.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    KC138045 said:
    This is crazy!  A true crime story unfolds on the PJ boards. I really hope there's a happy ending!!!
    In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the Ten Club Forum, who investigate crime; and Santos, who prosecutes the offenders. These are their stories.
    Awesome!  Too funny!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    The things we do between shows....
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited April 2018
    Found a picture of the suspect dancing to Benny Side A:

Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

Vincent: Tell me about it. I let her stay here for months. I'm out for 2 fuckin days and that dickless piece of shit ran off with it.
    Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught her stealing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole stealing it. It'd been worth her stealing it just so I could've caught her stealing it.
    Vincent; What's more chickenshit than stealing another man's Benaroya Hall vinyl? I mean, don't steal another man's Benaroya Hall vinyl.
     That's genius! Well played!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

so weird. that scene from Pulp Fiction came to my mind yesterday too.

some things you just DON'T fuck with!

A Benny is one of them!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    The OP posted this story and has never come back to give the update on what happened.  Anyone know if his Benny was returned?  Seems weird to post a story like this and then disappear.  Just wondering. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    PP193448 said:
    When I read this, the first thing that popped into my head was, "Give me my Benny back. Give me my Benny back, you bitch" set to Ben Folds Five "Song for the Dumped"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited April 2018

. . . and don't forget to give me back my black t-shirt.  :smiley: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    deadendp said:
    The OP posted this story and has never come back to give the update on what happened.  Anyone know if his Benny was returned?  Seems weird to post a story like this and then disappear.  Just wondering. 
    My guess is if there is criminal/legal stuff going on regarding it being stolen, it might be best for him not to talk or post about it until it is resolved.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    lolobugg said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    sfrduder said:

Here's the number for the store, I guys he could always call them and find out what's going on

919-829-0230

http://nicepricebooksandrecords.com/

seems a little funny that he's MIA.

dAMN,  I think my friend used to work at that store.
    Maybe he or she can help!! I would love to see the rightful owner get this album back. If the seller helps, that could be good for his business maybe? Seriously, if that happens, I'll make a point of shopping there.

it has been a long time now. I will try to hit him up on FB and see if this is the place I am thinking of.

It's just a used book and record store. I would imagine the OP could get this back if he can prove ownership.  just like if someone tried to fence it at a pawnshop.

Pretty sure I've been there when I lived in Raleigh too, probably sold some of my cd's back there. All the record stores around there were nice, my fav was Schoolkids. Little expensive but aren't they all. That's also where I got my white mad season :)

Good luck getting it back op. sucks
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    I really hope this guy gets some results here! I had a copy of lost dogs on vinyl that was stolen about 6 years ago and I still lose sleep over it.  It was in Calgary and I wish I had have done what this guy is doing! I could only imagine the pain of losing a benny copy, yet I still prefer lost dogs when it comes down to it.  Benny is just more collectable.  
  • Just as an aside, this person committed two felonies against you due to the value of BENNY... felony larceny and obtaining property by false pretense. Both you and the (mostly) innocent purchaser can be made whole...
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Hope you've made some progress on getting your Benny back. I know how I'd feel if someone swiped my Benny box set...

I'm in Raleigh, too, and would've alerted someone if I'd seen one in a record store. Shopped at Nice Price many times, including yesterday for RSD. Glad to know there may be a happy reunion on the way. Keep us updated.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020