Options

How cool is Mike

I just watched that treehouse you tube clip of him making a song with foster kids. 
I love mike always makes time for everyone he meets and supports everything he can. 
Top human being and doing .
It really is an inside job
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Mike is the best. Not just at guitar, but as a person. If you ever have a chance to go to a Flight to Mars show, do it. Since it is smaller environment, Mike will come out before and after show, speak with fans, take pics, sign autographs, and so on. Not because he has to, but because he truly enjoys it. By far the most down to earth, approachable person in the band.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,934
    Mike left polaroid pictures all different along the rail on oslo each fan took one as they went on the rail. So kind. All signed. Because he wants to!exactly
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,762
    Be careful of his trap though. He leaves those on the rail to entice people his way. Then, when you're there and all giddy with your prize, he comes out and melts your face off with his sick guitar playing. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Oh yes he has mesmerised me for many years there is nowhere on earth i would rather be. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,147
    Be careful of his trap though. He leaves those on the rail to entice people his way. Then, when you're there and all giddy with your prize, he comes out and melts your face off with his sick guitar playing. 
    It’s true.  And once your brain is mush, he diddles the ooze.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Mike is so cool...he once gave the sun a brain-freeze.
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Chuck norris tells mike mc cready  jokes.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,358
    He's cool.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    We were staying at the same hotel as the band for Fenway 2016 and I had the chance to ride up on the elevator with Mike on the off day as we were both coming back from our respective dinners.  I resisted the overwhelming urge to act like the fanboy I am and request a photo or autograph, so I just told him great show last night and I shot the shit with him about how well he played Comfortably Numb at the Friday night show and asked how he went about learning the solo. Guy couldn't have been nicer, took the time to put out his hand, ask what my name was. Just a really laid back dude who gets to play for millions of fans every night. So we parted ways as he got off on a different floor.  

The next day, we have the valet bring the car around front for check out and while I am loading it, out the front door comes Mike. He says, "Hey Jon, how's it going?" (Actually remembered my name). I said, "Great, have a great show tonight, we'll see you there".  He then proceeded to sign for every one of the 12 or 15 fans waiting outside, before he walked off on foot with just a back pack towards Boston Common.  No limo, no security.  Just a dude walking around Boston.  Epic.
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Mr. Hand said:
    We were staying at the same hotel as the band for Fenway 2016 and I had the chance to ride up on the elevator with Mike on the off day as we were both coming back from our respective dinners.  I resisted the overwhelming urge to act like the fanboy I am and request a photo or autograph, so I just told him great show last night and I shot the shit with him about how well he played Comfortably Numb at the Friday night show and asked how he went about learning the solo. Guy couldn't have been nicer, took the time to put out his hand, ask what my name was. Just a really laid back dude who gets to play for millions of fans every night. So we parted ways as he got off on a different floor.  

The next day, we have the valet bring the car around front for check out and while I am loading it, out the front door comes Mike. He says, "Hey Jon, how's it going?" (Actually remembered my name). I said, "Great, have a great show tonight, we'll see you there".  He then proceeded to sign for every one of the 12 or 15 fans waiting outside, before he walked off on foot with just a back pack towards Boston Common.  No limo, no security.  Just a dude walking around Boston.  Epic.
    Damn that story just gave me chills...Mike is so cool that even stories about him give you chills!! :smiley: Seriously though that is really special. He is a class act. 
  • Options
    He took the train with his family from prague and took time to sign and talk with fans just such a real human.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Mr. Hand said:

Damn that story just gave me chills...Mike is so cool that even stories about him give you chills!! :smiley: Seriously though that is really special. He is a class act. 
    I'm truly impressed. What a not only outrageously talented guy, but lovely guy too.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Chuck norris tells mike mc cready  jokes.
    Too freaking funny!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    He's the only member of the band I've met.  Met him in the lobby of my hotel before Vancouver '13.   I walked right by him, did a double take, and went back to introduce myself.   Then I couldn't think of anything to say... lol.   He was awesome and let me take a picture.    I'm sure if I could of thought of anything to say he would of let it roll.    I'm 6'2 too, so I could see his bodyguard flinch until Mike gave him the signal that it was cool... lol.

He definitely seems to be the more social person of the group.  Always seems to be appearing in side projects and fan photos.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    Such a great guy.  Setting the example.  Walking the walk.  Fantastic dude!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Very Cool...and great Guitar Player too ;)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,996
    It's Stones fault...
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    In Phoenix 2013, girl beside me on the rail had Shadow album cover, held it up and Mike saw it.  In between songs he motioned for her to toss it up on stage, signed it, then tossed it back to her.  Who does that in the middle of a fucking rock concert??  Mike does.  He’s the man!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Mike is very Cool :)

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,032
    Cooler than cool!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Global warming will stop as soon as Mike puts his guitar away
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,457
    Cooler than cool!
    Ice cold!!! Hahaha! 
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    Mike is the best.  Ran into him on the streets in Denver 06.  Said, "hi Mike, great show last night" he stops, asks our names and if we needed anything?  Coolest guy ever!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    He is the only band member im yet to meet. And i can't wait too. I hope i get to.  My kind of guy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    If he's so cool why hasn't there been a Mirroball 02 yet?

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"