Highly Suspect

124»

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 10,469
    It's a little heavier than I go for casual (high lol) listening, but iveI been rocking them out pretty hard on the treadmill.  The Reading set on YouTube adds almost a mile to my 30 minute warm up run.

I love Lydia, Serotonia, My Name is Human, Lost, Little One and Bath Salts so far.
    Dude shreds on the guitar, he's not at a McCready level but he's got better chops than I expected.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Am I crazy or half of these songs sound like they could be lower-tier PJ songs?  It seems like their best stuff is pretty unique, but their album tracks are stuff that remind me of Habit or My Father's Son.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 1,598
    rgambs said:
    It's a little heavier than I go for casual (high lol) listening, but iveI been rocking them out pretty hard on the treadmill.  The Reading set on YouTube adds almost a mile to my 30 minute warm up run.

I love Lydia, Serotonia, My Name is Human, Lost, Little One and Bath Salts so far.
    Dude shreds on the guitar, he's not at a McCready level but he's got better chops than I expected.
    Which album do you prefer? I like Mister Asylum a little bit more because of the energy it keeps throughout the whole album. Have you ever caught them live? 

rgambs said:
    Am I crazy or half of these songs sound like they could be lower-tier PJ songs?  It seems like their best stuff is pretty unique, but their album tracks are stuff that remind me of Habit or My Father's Son.
    I see what you are saying but I dont think either band would do the other justice on their material. Highly Suspect has an element of rap-rock that I don’t think many could successfully pull off. 

I see HS doing Soundgarden material before PJ if a cover ever happens. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    I only have Boy Who Died so far and I've heard mostly songs from it.

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now!Posts: 4,598
    Anyone going to see them in Phoenix in April?
    edited April 15
    Closing slot at Coachella tonight. 

Wish I could be there.

BUT I have the next best thing and will watch the live thing being streamed on youtube... in just a few minutes. 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Performance review... 

Johnny’s voice was really rough. I know he injured it in Europe and had to cancel their last two shows, but it doesnt seem like he gave it all the attention it may have needed. 

The set had to have been their shortest ever, ringing in at 6 songs if I counted correctly. It was really fun as always though and they got their fuck trump moment as well with fun graphics displayed behind them.  
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    More dates added... 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    I really want to go see them in Columbus with my brother who is obsessed with them for his birthday but my lovely (not being sarcastic there, she is lovely) wife is being a petty bitch.
    For real, no shit direct quote:
    "I don't think I can go so I don't see why you should get to have fun without me."
    Damn! That’s a bummer. Hopefully it gets figured out and you can go
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Damn! That’s a bummer. Hopefully it gets figured out and you can go
    Oh, I'll go and she can get the fuck over it lol
    I just hate that pettiness.  It's ugly.

I hope Johnny takes time to rehab his voice this spring.
124»