STOLEN: BENAROYA Hall LP Box #1092 (taken between 4/13/18 - 4/15/18 from Raleigh, NC 27603)

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    That would be why the victim would be best off contacting the cops.
    But maybe the seller actually cares about his business? It's not exactly good PR to not be a responsible and considerate seller in such a case. He has quite a lot of sales on discogs, might be active on ebay too... hopefully he does cooperate! Any decent person would.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Police report is the way to go 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    I think the fact he posted it as #1092 would be pretty solid proof if this turns out to be #1092.
    Not in the real world.  If it comes down to proof of ownership, a post on the internet will not do.  I could have easily came on here yesterday and made the exact same post as Drifting......
    Well yeah, but if he posted this as stolen, made a police report (which I think he said he did, right?), made this posting all before it was listed on Discogs, that is pretty strong evidence. And I didnt see the # listed on Discogs, so again it would really be 1 out of 2000 chance he just made up a number and that also happened to be the one for sale in the same city. I'm guessing there is enough to recover it and press charges if that's how it works out. The fact they are numbered and he knows the number, and the number has not been revealed by the seller is what would give me hope.
    But then again, my wife always accuses me of being the most adamant about things I have no clue of. This may be one of those times.

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    I believe that there are laws in most states that a store must wait a certain period of time after they buy merchandise from a private party before they can sell it. The reason, obviously, is to make the sure the merchandise does not turn out to be stolen. I can't tell if the discogs seller is a 'brick and mortar' store or just a guy working from his living room and I don't know if that makes a difference anyway, legally. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I think the fact he posted it as #1092 would be pretty solid proof if this turns out to be #1092.
    Not in the real world.  If it comes down to proof of ownership, a post on the internet will not do.  I could have easily came on here yesterday and made the exact same post as Drifting......
    Well yeah, but if he posted this as stolen, made a police report (which I think he said he did, right?), made this posting all before it was listed on Discogs, that is pretty strong evidence. And I didnt see the # listed on Discogs, so again it would really be 1 out of 2000 chance he just made up a number and that also happened to be the one for sale in the same city. I'm guessing there is enough to recover it and press charges if that's how it works out. The fact they are numbered and he knows the number, and the number has not been revealed by the seller is what would give me hope.
    But then again, my wife always accuses me of being the most adamant about things I have no clue of. This may be one of those times.

The number is listed in the seller's item description on Discogs
    edited April 2018
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

The seller did indeed list the number of the set - it's right there on the main page of the sale.
    I don't think he contacted the cops (yet)? He says he's obliged to in order to get anything done though... so maybe? I hope so!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

The seller did post up the number on the listing. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Dude, I hope you filed a police report.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Police report is the way to go 
    This. Call the cops and hope to God that your roommate talks.  Otherwise even if the Discogs seller proves that they bought it from said abused woman, its still not proof it was actually yours.   
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    On another note, does it seem interesting to anyone else that the victim has taken the time to wax so eloquently about this incident? I personally would still be FUMING about this theft - not react like I was entering a writing contest. Strange?
    edited April 2018
    shecky said:
    On another note, does it seem interesting to anyone else that the victim has taken the time to wax so eloquently about this incident? I personally would still be FUMING about this theft - not react like I was entering a writing contest. Strange?

yeah. if that woman would've stolen any of my records... she would be finding out what "abused" really meant.

pretty chill dude. hopefully he gets this record back.

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited April 2018
    Seller took the post down 
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263

Looks like it was pulled from discogs.

I don't see it on ebay though.

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    And I totally saw the number mentioned in the seller’s notes by the way. #1092 or whatever it was, so the number was there for all to see.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Yeah the discogs add also had the number listed.

Here's the number for the store, I guys he could always call them and find out what's going on

919-829-0230

http://nicepricebooksandrecords.com/

seems a little funny that he's MIA.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

The seller did indeed list the number of the set - it's right there on the main page of the sale.
    I don't think he contacted the cops (yet)? He says he's obliged to in order to get anything done though... so maybe? I hope so!
    And that is why I am not a detective. Get Joe Kenda on this case.
    sfrduder said:

Here's the number for the store, I guys he could always call them and find out what's going on

919-829-0230

dAMN,  I think my friend used to work at that store.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mace1229 said:
    How about if he posted #1092 years prior? Say, 2011?
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/4108671#Comment_4108671
    1092 is his Benny.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Madness
    www.cluthelee.com
    lolobugg said:
    sfrduder said:

919-829-0230

Maybe he or she can help!! I would love to see the rightful owner get this album back. If the seller helps, that could be good for his business maybe? Seriously, if that happens, I'll make a point of shopping there.
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    shecky said:
    Yes, found it hard to read.
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    sfrduder said:

919-829-0230

Maybe he or she can help!! I would love to see the rightful owner get this album back. If the seller helps, that could be good for his business maybe? Seriously, if that happens, I'll make a point of shopping there.

it has been a long time now. I will try to hit him up on FB and see if this is the place I am thinking of.

It's just a used book and record store. I would imagine the OP could get this back if he can prove ownership.  just like if someone tried to fence it at a pawnshop.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    shecky said:
    It's always in your best interest to remain calm & collected when describing or figuring out a crime.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    shecky said:
    His waxing writing tends to be eloquent.  I'm sure he's pissed as fuck-all too.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I found that original post difficult to understand but once I figured out that it was serious, man, that sucks. I hope that a police report was made.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 698
    Has the OP emerged yet?
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    This is crazy!  A true crime story unfolds on the PJ boards. I really hope there's a happy ending!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    This is crazy!  A true crime story unfolds on the PJ boards. I really hope there's a happy ending!!!
    In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the Ten Club Forum, who investigate crime; and Santos, who prosecutes the offenders. These are their stories.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    KC138045 said:
    In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the Ten Club Forum, who investigate crime; and Santos, who prosecutes the offenders. These are their stories.
    lol 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore