Options

Going to Mad Cool Fest??

weighed several options ... Pearl Jam excursion for the year points toward Spain .... gonna be flying solo and hoping to run into several 10c members and fans - specifically those that might help a fellow jammer ( who speaks little Spanish, btw) get acclimated to the environment.... 

hadn’t seen many posts on the forum for the fest... lineup is astonishing and , truthfully.... the price for a Madrid trip is a couple of
grand cheaper than it was gonna be for me to book the Home Shows ....
When you make your peace with authority, you become authority. - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I'm going to Mad Cool, coming from California. This lineup is too insane to pass up.
  • Options
    I'm going and would love to meet up with some people from here.  
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    I'm coming with my 2 sons from Idaho. Crazy good lineup. 
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    We're coming from Ireland. Can't wait to see Pearl Jam again, for the first time since 2010! It will be my girlfriend's first show ever. She's excited!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    What type of tickets did everyone get VIP/General?  All 3 days?
  • Options
    pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    edited February 2018
    cl_kelley said:
    What type of tickets did everyone get VIP/General?  All 3 days?
    I took VIP for PJ, general for the next day(AIC). Btw where are u guys staying? city or airport? I think staying in airport hotel should be a good idea right?
    Post edited by pashapasaman on
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    I haven't got a room yet but there are several in the area of the venue, was leaning toward one of those.
  • Options
    VIP 3 day passes. We are staying at an hotel by the airport. Hopefully public transportation is pretty good.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 751
    link93 said:
    VIP 3 day passes. We are staying at an hotel by the airport. Hopefully public transportation is pretty good.
    When they say access to Stage areas 1 and 2, are they saying only people with VIP tickets are in the front sections? If so, those are worth every penny/euro to see that line-up from the front sections.

Even the regular ticket prices are insanely cheap. Similar prices and line-up in Lisbon (but no VIP tickets, apparently).
  • Options
    From what I understand the left side of the stage front is VIP. So regular GA has the right side of the stage. 
  • Options
    VIP should be at the front, just like how they put a barricade for 10c members in PJ show
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    One side of stage 1 and 2 are VIP while the other is regular GA. Only going to Mad Cool when PJ plays Thursday and then heading over for NOS Alive. The Saturday NOS lineup is crazy. PJ, AIC and Jack White, should be an awesome night. 
    NYPJ
  • Options
    VIP

This Ticket gives you access to the festival on July 13th + FRONT STAGE AREA access (Stage 1 and Stage 2)*, Access to the VIP area, Chill out area with bar and restaurant at discounted prices, Exclusive queue/entrance to the festival, Welcome pack, Exclusive telephone line for information for VIP customers, Screens in VIP areas to watch live concerts, VIP parking

• Options
    I'm in for all 3 days and would love to meet some of you all up so if anything gets organized, let me know.  Very rarely do I bring anything to the table but I have been to Madrid several times and speak a bit of Spanish. 

Has anyone reserved hotels yet?  Which did you go with if so?
  • Options
    cl_kelley said:
    I'm in for all 3 days and would love to meet some of you all up so if anything gets organized, let me know.  Very rarely do I bring anything to the table but I have been to Madrid several times and speak a bit of Spanish. 

i go with the airport hotel, should be near
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    Hell of a lineup. If Bonnaroo's looked like that, I would have booked it. I think 2016 is the last Roo I will ever attend after the last two years' lineups and rising costs. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    cl_kelley said:

i go with the airport hotel, should be near

I didn't realize the venue was so close to the airport, should be good there.
  • Options
    Whoo hoo, we are coming from South Africa. 3 day VIP passes!
  • Options
    Will be our first PJ show (well hubby and his mate are going to Barcelona show first - only have 2 tickets so missing out on that one :( ) So excited!!
  • Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    I'll be there too! Going for the entire weekend so very much looking forward to it. Great line-up.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    Going .... 

Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

I'm going.  Just bought VIP for the one night.

I hope you guys got the 20% off sale when it was going on a few months ago....

Grab 20% off your trip to Mad Cool in our Christmas Sale

Hurry, our Christmas discounts won't be around for long...

Use this code to redeem:

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    pjcincipjcinci Posts: 223
    I got VIP to mad cool for whole weekend. I  am looking for a travel buddy...Anybody else??
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Desperately seeking a single VIP ticket for Thursday July 12 (PJ). Please help!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    ill be there..staying near airport
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Did they send you the tickets yet?
    Post edited by Thanks Pete on
  • Options

Did they send you the tickets yet?
    i print it home..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I'm surprised you didn't go for the VIP ticket
  • Options
    I'm surprised you didn't go for the VIP ticket
    with 11 shows 11  flights and traveling and hotels for 29 days..im thankful i had money to buy a simple ticket..no way can afford vip stuff
  • Options
    I'm more or less in the same position as you, but when you spend that kind of money for all those shows. flights, and hotels what's another 100 Euros to upgrade to VIP?