The Pizza Thread

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    rgambs said:
    RiotZact said:
    rgambs said:
    Pro trick back atcha, use Hellman's instead of butter on all your savory pies.
    I really like leftover potroast with onions and carrot shavings and cheddar and americAm cheese.
    Unfortunately I hate mayo, I will share that with my family though, I’m sure some of them will be eager to try it. Thanks! 
    When you grill it the mayo flavor disappears, it makes the bread taste like sourdough.
    Hmmm, we will be trying this sometime soon and I will update with the results. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I will literally puke if I eat mayo.  I just can t do it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    That’s how I normally am, but I’m going to try my best to keep an open mind. 
    edited April 2018
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That’s how I normally am, but I’m going to try my best to keep an open mind. 
    If somehow offered me a million dollars to eat a spoonful worth of mayo and keep it down I couldn’t do it. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    For a million dollars I could eat a spoonful worth of donkey mayo.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • For a million dollars I could eat a spoonful worth of donkey mayo.

... in a sudden and disturbing turn of events in the pizza thread...

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"

... in a sudden and disturbing turn of events in the pizza thread...

lol
    :rofl: 
    Wtf Brett?! Lol
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    A million bucks?
    I'd eat a spoonful of anything that wouldn't harm anyone.
  • A million bucks?

I guess ultimately... I would too, but eesh... the sheer thought.

I mean it's a serious toss up: a spoonful of donkey goo or Scruffy's burnt pizzas. That is a serious would you rather!
    Hahaha.  I like the pizza in that pic.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    RiotZact said:
    hedonist said:
    I've never heard of that version of a wedgie.  Is it similar to calzone?

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but no frozen pizza could touch the original Wolfgang Puck's.  I believe Linda McCartney (RIPx10) had one too in her frozen vegetarian line.
    It’s more like a panini.

There’s a local chain near me called “Fox’s Pizza” that has wedgies, they’re pretty good but I rarely get one. I think my favorite is this one that has shaved beef, bacon, and cheddar cheese. 
    Yep, Fox's is where I know it from.  We have several in the surrounding area. We also have a small mom & pop shop very similar to Fox's in town that is slightly better and much less expensive than Fox's has become. The menu is almost identical.
    RiotZact said:
    So has anyone ever heard of mountain pies? I think they might have other names in different regions, but they’re very popular here in western PA, and the best kind is pizza. You cook them on a campfire and they are the shit. This was last night at my uncles camp. 1 pizza mountain pie and one lemon/blackberry. 
    Used to make these all the time growing up when camping but I pretty much only ever made grilled cheese or "pizza bob" sandwiches. We never called it a mountain/hobo pie, just a campfire sandwich.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    A million bucks?
    I would eat a spoonful of anything that wouldnt require more than a few days of hospitalisation.
    For a million dollars I would consider eating the mayo straight from the source lol

I don't care what the average idiot does with their life after winning the lottery, a million dollars would vastly improve my family's life.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    A million bucks?
    I would eat a spoonful of anything that wouldnt require more than a few days of hospitalisation.
    For a million dollars I would consider eating the mayo straight from the source lol

I don't care what the average idiot does with their life after winning the lottery, a million dollars would vastly improve my family's life.
    A million bucks could go a long way... as long as I don't buy a Ferrari. 
    RiotZact said:
    hedonist said:

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but no frozen pizza could touch the original Wolfgang Puck's.  I believe Linda McCartney (RIPx10) had one too in her frozen vegetarian line.
    It’s more like a panini.

There’s a local chain near me called “Fox’s Pizza” that has wedgies, they’re pretty good but I rarely get one. I think my favorite is this one that has shaved beef, bacon, and cheddar cheese. 
    Yep, Fox's is where I know it from.  We have several in the surrounding area. We also have a small mom & pop shop very similar to Fox's in town that is slightly better and much less expensive than Fox's has become. The menu is almost identical.
    What is your opinion on Fox’s pizza? I sometimes feel ashamed to admit it, because I’m pretty sure they use frozen dough, but I’ll be damned if I don’t enjoy their pizza. It’s not amazing or anything but I like it quite a bit more than some of the mom and pop places in my area. Their sauce is unlike any other I’ve had, extremely tangy. Also, they are the only place I will ever order bacon on my pizza from, because they don’t put the gross fatty/gummy parts on it, just finely chopped, crispy bacon. Their Stromboli is definitely amazing. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    hedonist said:

It’s more like a panini.

What is your opinion on Fox’s pizza? I sometimes feel ashamed to admit it, because I’m pretty sure they use frozen dough, but I’ll be damned if I don’t enjoy their pizza. It’s not amazing or anything but I like it quite a bit more than some of the mom and pop places in my area. Their sauce is unlike any other I’ve had, extremely tangy. Also, they are the only place I will ever order bacon on my pizza from, because they don’t put the gross fatty/gummy parts on it, just finely chopped, crispy bacon. Their Stromboli is definitely amazing. 
    I like them, they were a staple of my childhood - birthday parties, friends' birthday parties, good report cards, Friday nights, babysitting my cousins, pool parties, etc.  Fox's was what we did.  I'm pretty sure they use frozen dough, too, but I don't really mind as it's not a bad crust at all.  A little on the crunchy side but I feel that's kind of the Fox's signature.  I've certainly had worse dough (at fresh places, nonetheless).  And another thing is Fox's is always consistent.  The pizza today comes out the same way with the same taste as I remember from 30 years ago.
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    hedonist said:

It’s more like a panini.

I like them, they were a staple of my childhood - birthday parties, friends' birthday parties, good report cards, Friday nights, babysitting my cousins, pool parties, etc.  Fox's was what we did.  I'm pretty sure they use frozen dough, too, but I don't really mind as it's not a bad crust at all.  A little on the crunchy side but I feel that's kind of the Fox's signature.  I've certainly had worse dough (at fresh places, nonetheless).  And another thing is Fox's is always consistent.  The pizza today comes out the same way with the same taste as I remember from 30 years ago.
    Yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I wonder what makes it such a staple at parties and such? I mean yeah they make the “big daddy” but it’s not like it’s cheap or anything, yet any time there is a get together and people say “come hungry there will be pizza” I already know it’s Fox’s. Guess they’ve done a really good job at building their brand. 
    Local pizza joint.  Delivered 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Dude your pies come with massive slices! It’s awesome. Reminds me of slices I used to get from Sbarro, which a lot of people might say is crappy pizza but I actually liked it. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Dude your pies come with massive slices! It’s awesome. Reminds me of slices I used to get from Sbarro, which a lot of people might say is crappy pizza but I actually liked it. 
    That s how we roll in Jersey.  Your slices are smaller? I loved sbarros!!
    ^ No I guess those are standard cuts with 8 slices but something about the pic makes them look massive.  Sbarro was a staple for me at one point. I worked at a burger joint in the food court at the mall at age 15 and we did some massive bartering. The dude at Sbarro and I became friends real quick lol. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mcgruff10 said:

How in the hell are you still alive?! Do you eat pizza 4 times a week?

That looks awesome though. That's the kind of pie that Philly blows at.
    mcgruff10 said:

We have five kids so pizza makes our dinner lives much easier. We usually order pizza once a week; last night I didn’t have any but the kids loved it. 
    I saw this in a Porch thread. Felt appropriate for here...

What a shit show

(Gonna ask my wife if she is interested)
    bbiggs said:
    I saw this in a Porch thread. Felt appropriate for here...

Looks like there is one in Baltimore too. Cool!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mcgruff10 said:

cliffy hates everything philly.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    A white, a works, and a cheese.

• A white, a works, and a cheese.

Sign me up for the white and the works (which looks awesome).