New Single by Ament

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited April 2018 in The Porch
New Single by Ament
News April 10 2018
Check out Ament's new single, Safe In The Car, featuring vocals by Angel Olsen, guitar by Mike McCready, and drums by Matt Cameron.

Stay tuned for more info on Ament's forthcoming album, Heaven/Hell.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!  =)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Song is streaming. 
  • ArmogiArmogi Posts: 76
    where is the stream?
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Awesome interview by Rollingstone on Jeff Ament's recent influences. Love that he chose a Gord Downie tune in this short list.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/pearl-jams-jeff-ament-my-favorite-2017-songs-w516429/the-lemon-twigs-why-didnt-you-say-that-w516437
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Sweet! Great sounding song. Very Black Keys esque with nice bass groove. Streaming on Google Play.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • SCHSCH Easton CT Posts: 59
    Good for Jeff. And I'm sure his song is good but can all 5 of these guys just focus on Pearl Jam for once or even once in a while.- put their best ideas and efforts into Pearl Jam.  1 new song in 5 years. Just saying.  All my friends love Pearl Jam but nobody really cares anymore without new music.  Cashing in on playing the same songs over and over again is great but getting old. Maybe time for me to just move on, just is not exciting anymore. Sorry for the negative comments. Glad Pearl Jam is still around and still playing and I  guess making new music and releasing it someday! Good luck Jeff.
  • It's streaming on Spotify as well. I kind of dig it!
  • SCH said:
    Good for Jeff. And I'm sure his song is good but can all 5 of these guys just focus on Pearl Jam for once or even once in a while.- put their best ideas and efforts into Pearl Jam.  1 new song in 5 years. Just saying.  All my friends love Pearl Jam but nobody really cares anymore without new music.  Cashing in on playing the same songs over and over again is great but getting old. Maybe time for me to just move on, just is not exciting anymore. Sorry for the negative comments. Glad Pearl Jam is still around and still playing and I  guess making new music and releasing it someday! Good luck Jeff.
    If you didn't get the March newsletter there is a new album coming soon. 
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    Interesting he is going under "Ament" for this album.  I had a hard time finding the song on Spotify since I searched for Jeff Ament.  I thought maybe it wasn't streaming yet, until I found the spotify link elsewhere.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    verceman said:
    Interesting he is going under "Ament" for this album.  I had a hard time finding the song on Spotify since I searched for Jeff Ament.  I thought maybe it wasn't streaming yet, until I found the spotify link elsewhere.

Same here. But at least the search seems to have been fixed. The song came up when I searched for Jeff Ament on Spotify this morning. It didn't work yesterday.

I like the song and can't wait for the album!! Jeff always doing something new and different - I always love his solo and side projects.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Where's the MP3?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    Where's the MP3?

Wish those who purchase vinyl from the 10club store received digital MP3 downloads.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    verceman said:

Same here. But at least the search seems to have been fixed. The song came up when I searched for Jeff Ament on Spotify this morning. It didn't work yesterday.

I like the song and can't wait for the album!! Jeff always doing something new and different - I always love his solo and side projects.
    Whoops, I take it back. The single does not show up in a search for Jeff Ament anymore. Weird. I wonder if Jeff cares about the fact that his new work won't be attached to him properly? I would if I were him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    Where's the MP3?

Wish those who purchase vinyl from the 10club store received digital MP3 downloads.
    That would be great! Then someone could send me the songs! :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    verceman said:

Whoops, I take it back. The single does not show up in a search for Jeff Ament anymore. Weird. I wonder if Jeff cares about the fact that his new work won't be attached to him properly? I would if I were him.
    if you read the original post and look at the cover, it's pretty clear he isn't using his first name.  
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Any album news?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • zezitozezito Posts: 164
    I don't use Spotify, how can I hear it?

"...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!

AMENT HEAVEN/HELL VINYL PRESALE

https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/ament-heavenhell-vinyl-presale

PRESALE - FIRST 400 ORDERS WILL RECEIVE LIMITED EDITION COLORED VINYL. 

ITEM WILL SHIP ON OR BEFORE RELEASE DATE 5/10/2018 

DIGITAL VERSION WILL BE LOADED INTO CUSTOMER 10C ACCOUNT ON RELEASE DAY 

PRESALE ITEMS MUST BE ORDERED SEPARATELY 

Tracklist:

The Noise the Noise
    The Door
    Safe in the Car
    Hyperphagia
    Drugs
    Moment of Impact
    The Voices
    Somewhere
    Are you Truing? 
    Choose Your Colour 
    Only One

Album Credits:

Recorded June - October 2017 by John Burton and Josh Evans at Horseback Ridge, Litho, Studio X & Warehouse

Additional recording by Floyd Reitsma and Jeff Ament

Mixed by John Burton and Josh Evans

Mastering by Joe LaPorta at Sterling Sound

Vox, piano, basses, guitars, keys, mellotron, other drums by Jeff Ament

Drums by Richard Stuverud

Drums on "Safe in the Car" by Matt Cameron

Guitars on "Safe in the Car" by Mike McCready

Vox on "Safe in the Car" by Angel Olsen

Vox on "The Voices" by Akira Ament

Strings on "Drugs", "Hyperphagia" and "Safe in the Car" by Brianna Atwell, Jordan Voelker, April Cameron & Alex Ho

Saw on "Drugs" by Jordan Voelker

String arrangements by Brianna Atwell and Jeff Ament

Arranging assistant by Josie Cameron

Layout by Regan Hagar

Art by Jeff Ament

SKU: 7259-VINYL 

Jeff Ament  - Safe In The Car (Official Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5fssiLXZqQ

• javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I'd love to make the colour cut, but I don't think I'll do it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    lyrics anywhere?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Thanks, D for posting!  Vinyl ordered!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Too expensive with swedish customs.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.