America's Gun Violence

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    KC138045 said:
    KC138045 said:
    Meme floating around with a girl taking her senior pictures with a sidearm tucked in the waist of her jeans. Just another responsible gun owner with a weapon pointed at her femoral artery for fun.  This is what happens when Tomi Lahren is your role model.
    I saw the story.  She's not dong any thing illegal so I really don't see the big deal.
    She’s being careless, irresponsible, and endangering her life. Doesn’t really bode well for the responsible gun owner argument. If I’m sitting on the edge of a bridge with a 300 foot chasm below, I’m not doing anything illegal either. Do you see the big deal there?
    She lives in a state where concealed carry is legal and I think open carry is too.  Its just a picture of her with a gun tucked in her pants.  I just don't get all the fuss about it.  Bold part is a bit of an exaggeration IMO.

I fall in the middle of this debate.  I support the 2nd but at the same time think there needs to be stricter laws and regulations.
    I'm on the same wavelengths.  Just saying this doesn't bode well for the image of "the responsible gun owner" to be playing irresponsibly with a gun. And I don't really think it's an exaggeration.  Gun accidentally or carelessly goes off, hits her femoral artery, she's pretty much dead. All for a "cool" senior pic.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Meme floating around with a girl taking her senior pictures with a sidearm tucked in the waist of her jeans. Just another responsible gun owner with a weapon pointed at her femoral artery for fun.  This is what happens when Tomi Lahren is your role model.
    I saw the story.  She's not dong any thing illegal so I really don't see the big deal.
    She’s being careless, irresponsible, and endangering her life. Doesn’t really bode well for the responsible gun owner argument. If I’m sitting on the edge of a bridge with a 300 foot chasm below, I’m not doing anything illegal either. Do you see the big deal there?
    Meh, looks like an excellent display of feminism in my opinion.  Good for her in exercising her 1st and 2nd Amendment rights :)
    It is not a display of feminism at all. Please stop attempting to define what feminism is, it's embarrassing and kind of insulting to women.
    I guess it doesn’t meet “your” definition of feminism...
    I'm 100% sure you don't understand the definition of feminism.
    I’ll be the tie breaker. Can someone link the photo? I tried to google it but got 100 different senior photos with guns, now it makes me curious why this one got so much attention
    Here you go @mace1229

The issue with it is, how reckless and dumb it is to carry a gun that way. Someone mentioned how open carry and conceal carry are legal so no big deal. This is completely normal.

Thanks.
    I think the picture is dumb, but I don't get the hype around it. At first I thought it was said this was a high school yearbook photo, I can get why high schools would be upset.
    Its college, and sounds like it got more coverage because she posted it on social media than from a yearbook.
    Again, I think it's dumb, but who cares? That's really the worst thing posted on social media that deserves so much attention? I would also ignore all the safety comments. Its a photo shoot, First I would assume someone advocating for gun rights knows how to handle a gun, and second, a photo prop I doubt its loaded with the safety off. That goes against basic safety rules to assume its not loaded, but in this case I think it is okay to not slamm her for ignore safety when we have no idea what was really happening. This picture should have just got ignored and would have been forgotten in an hour.
    Wait. Just awhile ago people were ripping on a woman for taking apart a gun in the wrong order because it was setting a bad example. But this person gets a pass?

I agree she should be ignored. She is obviously just trying to stir the pot and get a job on Fox News. I'm sure she will get a job soon too, she doesn't seem particularly smart but she is attractive.....all the qualifications you need to be a right wing spokesperson.
    No one is asking for a free pass. Again, take it for what it is. She's not advocating for carrying a gun like that. its a photo shoot and a photo prop. I just said I dont think this picture deserves all the attention (positive or negative) and to be called reckless and unsafe. Its a photo shoot with a photo prop. It looks extremely uncomfortable, I highly doubt she walks around town like that. And it doesnt seem like she is promoting for people to just shove a gun down their pants. Its a statement and a photo shoot. I have seen thousands of photoshoots with unreal poses, this can;t be the time time anti-gun people have seen an unreal photo shoot. So I don't know why they are acting like it is.
    What’s her statement?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Yes, she should be ignored, but whether it's a staged picture or not, it's an example of an irresponsible way to carry a gun. If she wanted to advocate for empowering other women and the protection of the 2nd amendment, she could have done so in many other more professional ways instead of looking like she wants to be the next bikini model for guns&ammo. Gun advocates make fun of and ridicule the gang violence in Chicago, but then PYT here sports a gun like a "gangbanger". Her idol is clearly Tomi Lauren.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2018
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Meh, looks like an excellent display of feminism in my opinion.  Good for her in exercising her 1st and 2nd Amendment rights :)
    It is not a display of feminism at all. Please stop attempting to define what feminism is, it's embarrassing and kind of insulting to women.
    I’ll be the tie breaker. Can someone link the photo? I tried to google it but got 100 different senior photos with guns, now it makes me curious why this one got so much attention
    Here you go @mace1229

The issue with it is, how reckless and dumb it is to carry a gun that way. Someone mentioned how open carry and conceal carry are legal so no big deal. This is completely normal.

Thanks.
    I think the picture is dumb, but I don't get the hype around it. At first I thought it was said this was a high school yearbook photo, I can get why high schools would be upset.
    Its college, and sounds like it got more coverage because she posted it on social media than from a yearbook.
    Again, I think it's dumb, but who cares? That's really the worst thing posted on social media that deserves so much attention? I would also ignore all the safety comments. Its a photo shoot, First I would assume someone advocating for gun rights knows how to handle a gun, and second, a photo prop I doubt its loaded with the safety off. That goes against basic safety rules to assume its not loaded, but in this case I think it is okay to not slamm her for ignore safety when we have no idea what was really happening. This picture should have just got ignored and would have been forgotten in an hour.
    Wait. Just awhile ago people were ripping on a woman for taking apart a gun in the wrong order because it was setting a bad example. But this person gets a pass?

I agree she should be ignored. She is obviously just trying to stir the pot and get a job on Fox News. I'm sure she will get a job soon too, she doesn't seem particularly smart but she is attractive.....all the qualifications you need to be a right wing spokesperson.
    Not taking apart a gun “in the wrong order”, but committing a felony in an attempt to destroy the firearm.  As far as I can tell, the girl in this picture is not committing any felonies.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

Not taking apart a gun “in the wrong order”, but committing a felony in an attempt to destroy the firearm.  As far as I can tell, the girl in this picture is not committing any felonies.

Still on about that felony nonsense? Is she in jail? Has she been charged? 

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    tbergs said:
    Yes, she should be ignored, but whether it's a staged picture or not, it's an example of an irresponsible way to carry a gun. If she wanted to advocate for empowering other women and the protection of the 2nd amendment, she could have done so in many other more professional ways instead of looking like she wants to be the next bikini model for guns&ammo. Gun advocates make fun of and ridicule the gang violence in Chicago, but then PYT here sports a gun like a "gangbanger". Her idol is clearly Tomi Lauren.
    I don't disagree. I just think if someone doesn't like the picture, well it isn't even a big enough deal to comment on. People post unsafe/bad examples of everything all day long. I just don't why know its gotten so much attention.
    I'm guessing her goal was getting attention more than to demonstrate safe ways to carry a gun. So with that respect I'd say it was successful. 
    edited April 2018
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

I’m no expert in law, but an expert in firearm law says she did break the law.  Last I heard she was being investigated.
    http://www.wfla.com/national/congressional-candidate-broke-law-when-she-carved-up-ar-15-attorney-says/1028144692
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    She is way more likely to be hurt/killed or family or friend hurt/killed than ever 'protecting her family'.

Woot 'Murica!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Her statement sounds a lot like feminism...
    “Spencer replied: 'Because I'm proud of my second amendment right and I want to empower other women!”
    And appendix carry is not my preferred method, it does have benefits and drawbacks.  If she knows what she is doing, it is perfectly fine and not illegal in the slightest.  Here’s a good article that draws out the benefits and hazards.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/appendix-carry-concealed-carry-methods/

Feminists don't support men who are sexual predators and have a long, long history of having no respect for women, except for the daughter he wants to fuck.
    Well damn... that's a helluva point. 
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

I’m no expert in law, but an expert in firearm law says she did break the law.  Last I heard she was being investigated.
    http://www.wfla.com/national/congressional-candidate-broke-law-when-she-carved-up-ar-15-attorney-says/1028144692
     intent matters in the law,  generally speaking.  I think the law they're referring to is the national firearms act of 1935 or something.  It makes illegal barrels less than 18 inches.  It's the law that outlawed sawed off shotguns I believe.  The fact that she continued to dismantle it and took it to the Virginia State police makes it highly unlikely she will be prosecuted. It's both out of her possession and unusable

mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

intent matters in the law,  generally speaking.  I think the law they're referring to is the national firearms act of 1935 or something.  It makes illegal barrels less than 18 inches.  It's the law that outlawed sawed off shotguns I believe.  The fact that she continued to dismantle it and took it to the Virginia State police makes it highly unlikely she will be prosecuted. It's both out of her possession and unusable

Russel you are a firearms guy, does it make any sense that a rifle barrel or shotgun can't be less than 18 inches but nothing about handguns?  I mean some of these concealed carry handguns are super small!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

Russel you are a firearms guy, does it make any sense that a rifle barrel or shotgun can't be less than 18 inches but nothing about handguns?  I mean some of these concealed carry handguns are super small!
    I have a .380. Talk about small. I think maybe a sawed off barrel just sprays.  A .380 does not because of the bullet size. My guess.  Never thought about it. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

I have a .380. Talk about small. I think maybe a sawed off barrel just sprays.  A .380 does not because of the bullet size. My guess.  Never thought about it. 
    I get why the law was passed but I just find it odd doesnt address handguns. You carry a .380?   

mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

I get why the law was passed but I just find it odd doesnt address handguns. You carry a .380?   

I don't carry anything.  I own a .380. Little snub nose thing.  But I don't carry publicly and all weapons safely locked in a safe. 

My point is I don't think you can practically cut a hand gun barrel and make it more deadly and uncontrollable like a shotgun.  I think coming out of the roaring 20s with all the gangsters keeping sawed offs under their trench coat probably contributed as well. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    KC138045 said:
    Here you go @mace1229

Thanks.

I don't carry anything.  I own a .380. Little snub nose thing.  But I don't carry publicly and all weapons safely locked in a safe. 

My point is I don't think you can practically cut a hand gun barrel and make it more deadly and uncontrollable like a shotgun.  I think coming out of the roaring 20s with all the gangsters keeping sawed offs under their trench coat probably contributed as well. 
    Oh yeah 100% agree with you. Just find it odd that they passed it to deter concealed shotguns but handguns are very easy to conceal. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    The material....it really just writes itself:

A Parkland Teacher Was Arrested After Leaving a Loaded Gun in a Public Bathroom

http://time.com/5237817/parkland-marjory-stoneman-teacher-gun/

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School teacher was arrested after leaving a gun in a public restroom, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office said.

Sean Simpson, who previously said he would be willing to come to school armed after the Parkland shooting that left 17 people dead, was charged with failing to safely store a firearm after leaving his gun at a men’s bathroom at the Deerfield Beach Pier.

According to the arrest report, Simpson told police he left he gun behind by accident while using the bathroom on Sunday. As he returned to retrieve the Glock 43 9mm handgun, Simpson heard a gunshot and found that a man had picked up and fired the gun. Simpson was able to take the gun away from the man, Joseph Spataro, who was charged with firing a weapon while intoxicated and trespassing.

Simpson was released after posting a $250 cash bond, the Miami Herald reports.

The arrest comes right after the Broward School Board rejected Florida’s new program to arm school staff unanimously, following the Feb. 14 shooting at Parkland’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Simpson told Local 10 he believed carrying a weapon did not violate the school board’s rules. A district spokesperson said it was unlikely to pursue disciplinary action against him, according to Local 10. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    The material....it really just writes itself:

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School teacher was arrested after leaving a gun in a public restroom, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office said.

Sean Simpson, who previously said he would be willing to come to school armed after the Parkland shooting that left 17 people dead, was charged with failing to safely store a firearm after leaving his gun at a men’s bathroom at the Deerfield Beach Pier.

According to the arrest report, Simpson told police he left he gun behind by accident while using the bathroom on Sunday. As he returned to retrieve the Glock 43 9mm handgun, Simpson heard a gunshot and found that a man had picked up and fired the gun. Simpson was able to take the gun away from the man, Joseph Spataro, who was charged with firing a weapon while intoxicated and trespassing.

The arrest comes right after the Broward School Board rejected Florida’s new program to arm school staff unanimously, following the Feb. 14 shooting at Parkland’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Simpson told Local 10 he believed carrying a weapon did not violate the school board’s rules. A district spokesperson said it was unlikely to pursue disciplinary action against him, according to Local 10. 

Firing a weapon while intoxicated is a criminal offence?

Oh man. That's a whole new ball of wax. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yeah, pretty good argument against teachers carrying guns to school obviously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    But if he had a second gun with him, he wouldn't of had to wrestle that first one away from the drunk guy.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    But if he had a second gun with him, he wouldn't of had to wrestle that first one away from the drunk guy.
    If he had a second he might have left it at the concession stand. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Wouldn't have.  Sorry, I simply can't let the "of" thing go...
  • The material....it really just writes itself:

lol

Remember all the 'this is a great idea' comments regarding arming teachers?

The idea is dumb. Really dumb. The kind of dumb that a group of brain damaged baboons might even find dumb.

The scenarios that could go badly as a result of arming teachers are endless. For every mass murderer successfully put down by a teacher packing heat... there would be numerous stories that would fall into the 'tragedy' category.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Looks like the march for gun rights is ready to go this weekend.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/12/gun-rights-supporters-bring-your-unloaded-rifle-to-rallies/
    I find it refreshing to see Dicks choosing to destroy all the firearms they pulled from the shelves after Parkland.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/17/dicks-sporting-goods-to-destroy-all-unsold-firearms-pulled-from-shelves-after-parkland-shooting.html
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    The beginning  of the end of 2A. Better stock up on your bump stocks......

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Regrettably 2A is here until....the Russians assume control.

I wouldn't say it is the beginning of the end but I do agree that no one needs a bump stock.
    edited April 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

I wouldn't say it is the beginning of the end but I do agree that no one needs a bump stock.
    Agreed, although I also realize that it is a pretty simple device that could be mimicked by a large rubber band...Beginning of the end, no.

Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Agreed, although I also realize that it is a pretty simple device that could be mimicked by a large rubber band...Beginning of the end, no.

Give it a day and 3D printer files will be all over the internet.
This discussion has been closed.