TOOL Music Clinic

maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
edited April 2018 in Other Music
Anyone going to this?  Man it would be awesome to be in a room with those 3 talking Tool but that $500 price tag......already dropped that amount for the one last year in Detroit with Adam....although an awesome experience, was kind of disappointed with the seat location for the show itself and didn't turn out to be the intimate gathering I had kind of anticipated (knew I should have went to Hamilton instead lol)
http://loudwire.com/tool-announce-six-city-music-clinic/
'93 Toronto
'94 Detroit
'10 Columbus
'11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
'13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
'14 Detroit
'16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
'18 Chicago 1 and 2
'22 Hamilton, Toronto
Post edited by maynardsux on

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    No thanks!  Just put out some new music for christ's sake.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    So this isn't a show/performance....it's basically a ticket for the clinic, correct. There is no Tool performance. I was going to say, fuck, Tool at the Vic!?!?!?!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    So this isn't a show/performance....it's basically a ticket for the clinic, correct. There is no Tool performance. I was going to say, fuck, Tool at the Vic!?!?!?!
    that's correct, think they're booking these in and around the tour dates Tool has for ROTR and Northern Invasion
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '14 Detroit
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Anyone going to this?  Man it would be awesome to be in a room with those 3 talking Tool but that $500 price tag......already dropped that amount for the one last year in Detroit with Adam....although an awesome experience, was kind of disappointed with the seat location for the show itself and didn't turn out to be the intimate gathering I had kind of anticipated (knew I should have went to Hamilton instead lol)
    Whow!  What the hell?  Their was something Tool related in Detroit last year?  I’m so out of the loop...maybe I’m just getting old.
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    edited April 2018
    FrankY59 said:
    Whow!  What the hell?  Their was something Tool related in Detroit last year?  I’m so out of the loop...maybe I’m just getting old.
    It was at DTE, not technically Detroit lol.....and to add to the temptation, looks like the Michigan stop is the only one of the 6 they are doing that didn't sell out with the Fanclub presale today
    Post edited by maynardsux on
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '14 Detroit
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    FrankY59 said:
    It was at DTE, not technically Detroit lol.....and to add to the temptation, looks like the Michigan stop is the only one of the 6 they are doing that didn't sell out with the Fanclub presale today
    Royal Oak Theatre is 10 min from my house...but $500 seems scamful.  I always wonder what I would say to musicians I respect...but I really don’t look up to them like I feel most people there would.  I respect the hell out of them for their musical genius but this society we live in where we glorify famous people is not up my alley.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think this is weak as hell... losing a lot of respect for Tool... charging people $500 to hang out and talk music? 

They haven't put out an album in 12 fucking years!!! Lol, what a joke
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    This seems like it would be pretty cool. Probably not in a position to spend $500 for it, but it could be pretty incredible to see these super creative dudes breaking down the creation and performance of their tunes. Had a buddy that went to a Danny Carey drum clinic and he said it one of his favorite musical performances and he’s been to dozens and dozens of different bands. Can only imagine adding Adam Jones and Chancellor to the mix would make it that much more interesting. As a musician, I might have a different perspective from others.