Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

1414243444547»

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 1,995
    Sorry to hear about Kevin, energy and loving thoughts sent to Ohio. Sent for his family and friends also, visiting my sister in hospice was surreal and basically sucked, even though they made it as peaceful and friendly an atmosphere as they could. 

His father's death has always struck me as so unfair and freaky. It does pour when it rains. 

I check this thread whenever I come on here. A resolution for his brother's sake would be nice. 

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I randomly was thinking about brian today, how crazy it is someone could vanish so abruptly with no answers. It seems almost supernatural. I was floored at how long its been since i first learned of his disappearance. It doesn't seem that long since i first read about his story right here on the porch, crazy how fast the time goes. 
  • Daughter5Daughter5 MassPosts: 35
    My thoughts and Prayers are with Family & All who knew him. This is a huge thread so I might be repeating someone else who might have said this. In the news & true crime stories talk about people who have had a head injury, and truly don't remember anything, who they are, family, or where they live. Do you think that could have happened? I read about the homeless man who thinks he saw him but when he spoke out that people were looking for him there wasn't any reaction. I hate posting about this, but I also read about his Moms death right before he went missing, and the stress. I lost my only sister in 2015, then in 2017 both of her sons, Nate 28 & Tony 30 to a heroin overdose. It devastated me, and this is so hard to post but it does happen I had a nervous breakdown. For months I don't remember anything I did, who I talked to nothing and I still don't. It wasn't until I became violent which is not like me, I was hospitalized. It does happen, and I think I didn't wander off because I'm in a wheelchair and being able to leave alone is physically not possible.
    We can only Pray and keep the faith because there have been sightings.
  • Daughter5Daughter5 MassPosts: 35
    I'm sorry about the number of quotes I didn't mean it and no matter what I do I have to post sorry to all.
    I only wanted to say this is one forum, and yes he is a fan, and yes this was a great place to post especially now with the shows in the states his picture is fresh in our minds and I know I'll be aware to watch out. To put this to rest, which was not appropriate to post here but yes people go missing every day how do we know this because family & friends are desperate to find them. First, they call the authority, and then the news in some cases, and if it was my friend I would POST EVERYWHERE THEY HAD INTERESTS. If he was a fan of any band or celebrity he followed and they had a chat room, forum, anywhere he might look, yes I and I'm sure you would too that's how people are found, isn't it? Personally, if I get tickets I will print his picture so I'm positive I saw him.
    Again sorry for all the quotes it was an error.
    God Bless, Brenda
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 4,610
    edited March 27
    These are words from the organizers of this event. I know a lot of you are far, but there are also many who are near. All are welcome to join.

The Brian Shaffer March For The Missing is being held April 15, 2018 at 12:00pm in Columbus Ohio. We will begin the March at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. This will be a group of family members, friends, advocates, and the general public uniting to distribute Missing Person Flyers from Ohio. From The College of Medicine we will walk/March to The King Avenue United Methodist Church where we will have a group prayer for the Missing and their families. We will leave the Church and continue marching down King Avenue and past the apartment of Brian Shaffer until we reach the Ugly Tuna Saloona. We will then turn around and March the way we came ending up back at The King Avenue United Methodist Church where we will have a reception. During the reception we will hear from Maureen Reintjes from NameUs, and The Ohio Attorney Generals office will be set up with Project Link. Project Link is where they take the DNA of family members and run it against their John Doe database to see if their loved one has been found. There are a couple of other things in the works but they are not finalized. We will end the reception with a dessert and beverage bar (coffee, water, soda). 

Back to me:

College of Medicine at OSU to King Avenue UMC is about 10 minutes at most...under a half-mile. King Avenue UMC to Ugly Tuna is about a half-mile.

I'm not sure of the exact route, but it shouldn't be more than three miles total.

Parking: Because the church will have regular services during the march, it's been asked to respect their parking lot and park elsewhere. There should be ample street parking in the neighborhood around the church. Please obey signs regarding permits, but being a weekend, I believe most of the restrictions are lifted. There are meters (free on Sundays) a bit north along Neil. Failing all other options, OSU has a garage at 345 W. 9th Avenue. Expect to pay around $7 cash or card, but it's a safe option where you won't be ticketed or towed.

Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/WheresBrianShaffer/

Facebook event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/180147925910008/?ti=cl

There's also a podcast of interest at:
    http://www.comebackpodcast.com and no, that's not a coincidence. The band gave permission to use the song for the cause.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, OhioPosts: 93
    I'm local and will try to make the event. I think about his disappearance so often and just wish there were answers.
    I'm local and will try to make the event. I think about his disappearance so often and just wish there were answers.

Thanks! Of course, feel free to invite whoever you'd like.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    I was just told to share this...

A tidbit of unreleased information. Not only did #MissingPerson #BrianShaffer have a @PearlJam #Alive tattoo but when cleaning out his apartment after his disappearance his family found the word #Alone scrawled on his wall behind his bed. #Comeback https://t.co/zYxJnVuSXp
    A most interesting update:

Ugly Tuna Saloona (where Brian disappeared from) back in 2006, is closing. Tomorrow is the last night. It could have been a week or two earlier, but bar management wanted to stay open until the end of the academic term. Ohio State's neighborhood development arm owns the property and it appears they want/need the space for offices.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 984

Ugly Tuna Saloona (where Brian disappeared from) back in 2006, is closing. Tomorrow is the last night. It could have been a week or two earlier, but bar management wanted to stay open until the end of the academic term. Ohio State's neighborhood development arm owns the property and it appears they want/need the space for offices.
    http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180503/theodore-decker-bars-closing-calls-to-mind-brian-shaffers-disappearance?start=2
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    OnWis97 said:

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180503/theodore-decker-bars-closing-calls-to-mind-brian-shaffers-disappearance?start=2

Thanks for the link. I think the photo of the girlfriend's phone is extremely telling. She had a flip phone. The original iPhone still hadn't yet been released... which came a few months after then-new songs like Worldwide Suicide and Comatose...which were also first heard by the masses after he went missing.
    edited May 5
    Podcast #3 has been out for a few days.

www.comebackpodcast.com

I've always said that I never started the thread to meet the band or be some sort of internet celebrity... Really, I'm just a regular dude, but I think it is EXTREMELY COOL beyond words how much the band cares about this saga. I hope they know.

There WILL be answers.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Tonight at 9pm PT/12am ET, Pearl Jam Radio on SiriusXM is playing the Cincinnati 2006 show from when Eddie talked about Brian the first time.

I believe 10C Radio here and other places online plays the same live throughout the week.

This is cool. I've noticed that SiriusXM plays shows that have similar dates to that part of the year.

Rock on, Rob.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,132
    Listening to the podcast now.  Is the website down?
    unsung said:

I had heard that the podcast was merged with another situation. I'll report back.
    Today is the 10th anniversary of the death of Randy, aka Brian's father.
    unsung said:

I had heard that the podcast was merged with another situation. I'll report back.

And I just heard it will be back in about a month.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,132
    Thanks.  There are some technical problems with it, hope they can get it worked out.