PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Juggler, there's a Phillies/Nova hat available today only at the stadium that looked like a Nova fan would like it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Heading down today around noon - seems like great baseball weather....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I’ll be down but have a meeting till 2 so going to be pushing it to get there in time to see kapler get booed
    I’ll be down but have a meeting till 2 so going to be pushing it to get there in time to see kapler get booed
    So hard it's coming I can't wait.

As long as you get there in time to see head coach of the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, Doug Pederson, throw out the first pitch then you're good.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

As long as you get there in time to see head coach of the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, Doug Pederson, throw out the first pitch then you're good.
    He also might get to see some sort of ceremony honoring the NCAA basketball champions too. Helluva day for Cliffy!
    chinese-happy.jpg

He also might get to see some sort of ceremony honoring the NCAA basketball champions too. Helluva day for Cliffy!
    The "parade" starts directly outside my office. I think there were maybe 2 dozen people

The "parade" starts directly outside my office. I think there were maybe 2 dozen people

haha...enjoy it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Having a parade for nova in center city is stupid. they should either have it on campus or have something down at the Wells Fargo.  on the bright side if it inconveniences that asshole fan base then i guess i can't really complain too much. :grin:
    pjhawks said:

Having a parade for nova in center city is stupid. they should either have it on campus or have something down at the Wells Fargo.  on the bright side if it inconveniences that asshole fan base then i guess i can't really complain too much. :grin:
    When’s the St Joes parade?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    i forgot the parade was today.

Good to see the Phills back on tv and they're winning (so far)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i would expect never because mid-majors don't win national titles. And if they ever did i wouldn't expect a parade in center city.  Good to see you continue to personify the asshole fan base this week though.  of course you acted the same way when the Eagles won so I don't know why I would expect you to know how to win gracefully.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i would expect never because mid-majors don't win national titles. And if they ever did i wouldn't expect a parade in center city.  Good to see you continue to personify the asshole fan base this week though.  of course you acted the same way when the Eagles won so I don't know why I would expect you to know how to win gracefully.

that's too bad!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Boos when he came out for the pitching change were awesome. Good day. 

pjhawks said:
    what is the earliest in a season a first year manager ever got fired?  just asking for possible future reference.
    not sure if this is the earliest but I do remember when the Orioles started off like 0-21 Cal Ripken Sr. got fired pretty early on during the stretch.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Damn good day indeed (if you were in the sun)....

You sure you guys weren’t at a Rockies game yesterday?

chinese-happy.jpg
    Haha, a guy at work just showed this to me on his phone.
    :lol:
    i had to look at it a few times to figure it out.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Damn good day indeed (if you were in the sun)....

We’re pretty much waving to each other in these pictures . Hahah. No sun on that side. Was chilly but nothing a little booze can’t solve.

19 runs lol 
    Haha, what I was thinking . And definitely not bad in the sun.

Didn't see the score until the end. And now I'm drunk on Sangria and eating Reeces eggs. Cheers all around.

https://youtu.be/DnVrSZHnvYY
    wow 20 runs?  two grand slams?  Arietta makes his Phille debut, go for the sweep today. :smile:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Got tickets to see my Redlegs tonight @ CBP.  Hoping out offense can keep pace with the Phillies...looks like both pitchers have the potential to get lit up. 
    $31 each (including fees) for 16th row behind Reds dugout.  Had a $10 credit so I get away around $50 for tickets for the 13 yr old and I to have a good night at the park.  [Plus the $50 to feed that bastard]
    Gotta love a Monday night tilt vs. a shitty opponent. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Fucking cold game.  Had fun, nephew got a ball.  Reds stink and it was awesome to see Votto troll the trolls from Philly...again.
    He's awesome

Phillies looked great with youngsters providing power.  

Their pitching got out of jams....a better team doesn't leave the bases loaded two times.
    Fucking cold game.  Had fun, nephew got a ball.  Reds stink and it was awesome to see Votto troll the trolls from Philly...again.
    He's awesome

Phillies looked great with youngsters providing power.  

Their pitching got out of jams....a better team doesn't leave the bases loaded two times.
    Nice man. As soon as it warms up a bit I wanna get down there.

Fuck this weather
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Nola beasting. Kingery salami. JP hitting. 

Giggity. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    BEAST

Percentage of plate appearances ending in a walk or extra base hit, 2017-18:

1. Rhys Hoskins 30.8
    2. Aaron Judge 30.2
    3. Mike Trout 30.1
    4. Joey Votto 27.8
    5. Bryce Harper 27.3
    6. Freddie Freeman 26.8
    7. Matt Carpenter 26.5
    8. Josh Donaldson 25.9
    9. J.D. Martinez 25.4
    10. Kris Bryant 25.3

chinese-happy.jpg
    A great pack to be at the front of...
    edited April 2018
    Don't want to pull the trigger too early on anybody, but I don't like the idea of sitting Crawford for any long periods of time. Which you pretty much have to do right now - you can't take Franco, Kingery, and Hernandez out of the lineup. If this keeps up through May then I'd rather send him down to Lehigh to play everyday.

I still do not like Franco and wouldn't mind selling high come early June. And Herrera for that matter.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Why the hell would they trade Herrera? Horrible idea
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    edited April 2018
    ehbacon said:
    Why the hell would they trade Herrera? Horrible idea
    Because I don't see him a part of this team long-term - personally do not like his style of play, he's not consistent in his approach at the plate, hasn't improved his defense in CF - and has an extremely team-friendly contract. Be shrewd with this type of player and trade him while his value is high. 

And to pile on you have an overload of players in the outfield - this is the kind of guy that makes much more sense to trade than any of the others.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on