Whiskey Clique

Comments

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Just bought some Sagamore Spirit cask strength rye and Rogue Farms Oregon single malt.
    Like them both after first sip.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Shit! I almost lit my fireball on fire instead of my bong. Focus!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    It's a Red Stag type of night. Probably should have stopped, but needed one more. It opens my mind...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    dankind said:

Manhattans fuckers
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Manhattans fuckers
    That’s what I like to hear! Nothing better. 
    bbiggs said:
    Manhattans fuckers
    That’s what I like to hear! Nothing better. 
    The best 
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited March 2018
    Try this one if you haven't.  It's really good.
    Willett Pot Still Burbon.
    https://goo.gl/images/aTt3Jt
    (For some reason you have to click on the top fine print link after clicking on this link to view the bottle.)
    But Willett, is ocasional for me.(expensive)
    My go-to burbons are 
    Maker's Mark & Jameson.
    I also like Early Times & H2O on the rocks.
    Good n' cheep & does the trick.
    Post edited by RYME on
    ^ Makers is always the go to. I’ve added some others that are better and same price but makers is damn good stuff. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Friends got me a bottle of Woodford Reserve for watching their house while they were away.
    edited April 2018
    Friends got me a bottle of Woodford Reserve for watching their house while they were away.
    Nice!

Somehow my Laphroaig bottle done went and emptied itself. I would suspect the babysitter, but you can smell Laphroaig from a mile away.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    A question for the whiskey guys.
    I don't have a fine taste, but can tell when I am drinking something close turpentine. 
    I don't want to break the bank, any good low-end bottles?
    I tried Trader-Joe's brand thinking it would be something good and hated it.
    I like Maker's, I used to buy it as my go-to about 10 years ago when it was actually cheaper than JD. Could buy a 1.75 L for $30, then they got on their ad campaign and it doubled in price.
    What are some good low-end whiskeys? Evan Williams has been on every low-end list I've seen, but for some reason havent tried it yet. 
    mace1229 said:
    A question for the whiskey guys.
    I don't have a fine taste, but can tell when I am drinking something close turpentine. 
    I don't want to break the bank, any good low-end bottles?
    I tried Trader-Joe's brand thinking it would be something good and hated it.
    I like Maker's, I used to buy it as my go-to about 10 years ago when it was actually cheaper than JD. Could buy a 1.75 L for $30, then they got on their ad campaign and it doubled in price.
    What are some good low-end whiskeys? Evan Williams has been on every low-end list I've seen, but for some reason havent tried it yet. 
    Wild Turkey and Old Grand-Dad.

If you have a few extra dollars to spare, Basil Hayden's.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Buffalo trace 
    bbiggs said:
    Buffalo trace 
    Seconded!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Elijah Craig - Small Batch
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Aren’t Buffalo and Elijah around the same price point as Makers?

Evan isn’t bad for the price. Wild Turkey and Kilbeggan are some good, cheap options.
    I was going to say, dude asked for cheap options. I have had a lot of Evan in my day. Like wild turkey too
    Found the Makers Mint Julep! Even came with a mini jockey silk. (Might be actual size, idk.) 

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I find Jim Beam or Knob Creek do nicely and aren't too bad for price.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    You've got some good friends. Woodford Reserve is my favorite.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited April 2018
    Early Times & water on the rocks does the trick, & cheep.  I think it has good flavor. (Not much water)

Buffalo trace is cheaper than makers. I’d have to look at what I paid recently but I want to say $20-$25. Not a huge price difference but cheaper for equal or better quality. I mean the guy doesn’t want to drink gasoline I’m guessing. 
    You've got some good friends. Woodford Reserve is my favorite.
    Indeed! Last time they got me a bottle of Delirium Tremens (a Belgian ale, voted best beer in the world). 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    My local Sam's Club had Maker's 46 for $21 a bottle last week. Loaded up on that. I usually stick to Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and the Jameson line, but I couldn't pass up the 46 at that price. 
    Ugh, PA is so god damn expensive
    bflynn1 said:
    My local Sam's Club had Maker's 46 for $21 a bottle last week. Loaded up on that. I usually stick to Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and the Jameson line, but I couldn't pass up the 46 at that price. 
    Damn! For 750ml? That’s like half price! 

My local store that I found the Makers Mint Julep today also finally had Green Spot which I have been looking for a long time. $56 and most outlets I’ve seen online it’s usually around $70. I could only afford one bottle today tho and I wasn’t gonna pass up the julep.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Thanks for the input on cheap whiskey. I've tried Wild Turkey and liked it. Haven't tried the others I don't think, added a few to get next time!
    I'm breaking out the Ardbeg An Oa tonight.

If I had any friends, I'd have to share.

Good thing I don't have any friends.

https://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8
    I SAW PEARL JAM