what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Interview on Wednesday, rejection today. I still have the bookstore job, but it doesn't offer health insurance. Two-years+ looking. Golly
    Glad to hear you do have a job at least! That gives you a huge step up while seeking something with better benefits. Employed people are the most employable people. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Watching old live Warren Zevon - 1982 London.  Werewolves of London IN London!

Man, he was so talented.

Loved the somewhat-related film with the 7-Up dude, not to mention Zevon's appearance on Larry Sanders angrily playing that song.

There's nothing like when music hits that spot.

(no, not the G one...that'd just be silly and impossible =) )
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Chocolate. 

Why not?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,475
    Chocolate. 

Why not?
    Better than sex sometimes..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,824
    ^^^^^said no man EVER
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    gambo's rugged charm =)

I'd rather focus on the good shit than incessantly and pointlessly dig up the opposite.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    hedonist said:
    gambo's rugged charm =)

I'd rather focus on the good shit than incessantly and pointlessly dig up the opposite.
    :And very sensible you are too!
    hedonist said:
    gambo's rugged charm =)

I am in excellent company here on that front (and, apparently, others) :whistle:

hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    gambo's rugged charm =)

I am in excellent company here on that front (and, apparently, others) :whistle:

Aye, some lists I don't mind being on :smile:
    I love living in such a dog-friendly neighborhood.  Had lunch at an outside cafe earlier and it seemed like every third person passing by was accompanied by a friendly pooch.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    gambo's rugged charm =)

IMO, that pic is disgusting. Not the post, just that pic. It’s just painful to those of us with empathy. 
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Interview tomorrow. Here I go, again.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Damn I made the list and I didn't even know it. What the actual fuck?!?
    :rofl:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Wising you the best Haiku..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

''Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?..''
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Hoping the Parkland thread in AMT is re-opened and can go forward without BS or rancor.

May these young ones continue to do their thing, and know they're inspiring many beyond their peers.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Good luck.  Wishing you all the best.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Someone far away who I really miss. Life is crazy.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    The turkey dinner I'm going to be chowing down on later.....so good!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Went to my friends funeral today, then got a call tonight to say my godmother has died. They say bad things come in threes...
    I'm so sorry, Jenny.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,824
    Went to my friends funeral today, then got a call tonight to say my godmother has died. They say bad things come in threes...
    Love to you and your family. That's awful. That happened to us. Went to an uncles funeral. Whilst there an aunt died. Very weird day.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

I'm truly sorry for you and I send all my best wishes to you and your family.
    So hopefully you will feel better soon. 
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I am so sorry to hear this...Hope you are ok?...and I really hope you feel better soon...

Trying to come to Terms why my Partner talked to another Guy about her Exams instead of me behind my back?...the same Guy who she bought a Birthday Present for on the day of his Birthday and yet I got mine a week later...I'm not joking about this...

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    19 days until I go back to Canada.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Why would your Partner get another Guy a Birthday Present on the same day of his Birthday and yet get yours a week later?...the same guy who She claims is 'Funny' and who 'She likes'...also the same Guy who she spoke with about her exam behind my back???...also the same Guy she was messaging half of the time when we were having romantic time together...
    i_lov_it said:
    Why would your Partner get another Guy a Birthday Present on the same day of his Birthday and yet get yours a week later?...the same guy who She claims is 'Funny' and who 'She likes'...also the same Guy who she spoke with about her exam behind my back???...also the same Guy she was messaging half of the time when we were having romantic time together...
    Do you think there's anything you can do - for your own sake - to let some of this go?  I ask only because you've mentioned it many times recently, and I know how toxic it can be to cling to personal baggage vs. finding a way to release it...to set yourself free of its weight, even bit by bit.  I hope you can find that place, and more importantly, your peace.