Options

NOT FOR YOU...(more like not for youngsters)

Comments

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,044
    Oh no!  A grown rock star said “fuck”???  What are we gonna do!?!?  

(The OP has to be joking right? :confused:)
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    edited March 2018
    paint ed big, turn me into, one of my FUCKING enemies....
    i'd be thankful if i had kids that were listening to pearl jam's music, fueled with emotion, passion and knowledge as opposed to the oceans of shit that most people call 'music' these days where literally every other word in every song is fuck and is usually about fucking, and that's what your kids are most likely listening to,... so you might wanna think about that as opposed to worrying about them hearing ed say fuck every once in awhile when he's passionate about something,... pretty sure it's one of his favorite words...
    just speaking as a child of the 90's, whose first taste of pj on vinyl was the beautiful fuck me in the brain, which i can't wait to listen to and sing along to with my kids someday... mosh pit in the living room!!!

peace, love and pj... fuck yeah!
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    another thread with the potential for forum gold. 
    See you on page 37...
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    my_wave said:
    i'd be thankful if i had kids that were listening to pearl jam's music, fueled with emotion, passion and knowledge as opposed to the oceans of shit that most people call 'music' these days where literally every other word in every song is fuck and is usually about fucking, and that's what your kids are most likely listening to,... so you might wanna think about that as opposed to worrying about them hearing ed say fuck every once in awhile when he's passionate about something,... pretty sure it's one of his favorite words...
    just speaking as a child of the 90's, whose first taste of pj on vinyl was the beautiful fuck me in the brain, which i can't wait to listen to and sing along to with my kids someday... mosh pit in the living room!!!

Beautiful post!  And based on your words and av and first taste mention, I thought you were another member here :)

Zod, I think it was you mentioning earlier their just being words.  Yes and yes.

The "worst words" I grew up with were goddamn and bullshit.  Becoming familiar with "fuck" as a kid did not harm or stunt me in any way.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Yes there are crap bands out there like Nickleback who sing about girls looking better with something in their mouth. Absolute garbage. 
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    If your'e worried about your kids hearing the word "fuck", then you have a long bumpy road ahead my friend... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,888
    I fuckin love swearing.  Words all words only have the power tou give them.  Ive never understood how we choose the ones that are ok or not . Like grade them the c word being the most naughty. Who decides?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,888
    edited March 2018
    Halts maul!
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    edited March 2018
    DM38016 said:
    A few days ago a friend sent me a link for the lollapalooza show. Half way in eddie starts rambling about something and the drops the 'f bomb.' some youngsters in the room overheard the video and said 'hey, someone on your video is cursing.' At that point I realized pearl jam is NOT FOR YOUNGSTERS. I never thought I'd have to censor pearl jam. its sad eddie still feels he needs to curse during his rants. What a shame!
    If you’re scared of bad words don’t listen to music. 1998: “yeah Fuckers, he still stands” 
    20 Years ago
    When YOU enjoyed it
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    I am ok with my kids listening to Pearl Jam boots. I explain to them if they hear a "bad" word that they are not to use those adult words. Saying that though some parents do not feel this way about their kids being exposed to such words and while in public we should obviously respect that. 

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    my_wave said:

Beautiful post!  And based on your words and av and first taste mention, I thought you were another member here :)

Zod, I think it was you mentioning earlier their just being words.  Yes and yes.

The "worst words" I grew up with were goddamn and bullshit.  Becoming familiar with "fuck" as a kid did not harm or stunt me in any way.
    Maybe that is why I am short!  :lol:  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    Haults maul!
    Go leave your waste somewhere else...
  • Options
    acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    DM38016 said:
    A few days ago a friend sent me a link for the lollapalooza show. Half way in eddie starts rambling about something and the drops the 'f bomb.' some youngsters in the room overheard the video and said 'hey, someone on your video is cursing.' At that point I realized pearl jam is NOT FOR YOUNGSTERS. I never thought I'd have to censor pearl jam. its sad eddie still feels he needs to curse during his rants. What a shame!
    lol. this is hilarious!
    October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,218
    I fully expect f-bombs during a PJ bootleg and can guarantee which songs to hear them in and that at least once during his rants/banter it will come up. While I don't promote incessant and pointless swearing, my kids have heard it from me and will hear the rest of their lives. It's just a matter of teaching them that there is a purpose to swear words, just like any other word we speak. Nothing wrong with saying it when you mean it. With that in mind, here's my kid friendly shows list :wink:

Indio 1993
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPLUDaFTypo
    St. Petersburg 1994
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb9V2WKEbdU
    Great Woods 1998
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mq6VKY1dSU
    Buffalo 2010
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19RBvMDbN-s
    Milton Keynes 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-7iq5VBf8

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,830
    In Tampa two years back, he promised to try his best not to cuss in front of a little girl in the GA section, and to try to hide it when he flips the bird. He then explains to her that two thumbs up is good, while two birds is not (and demonstrates both), then notes that "Later in life, you'll find out, it should be used at times..."

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    My dad could make a whole sentence out of just using the F word. Quite impressive. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,830
    PJNB said:
    Don't most of the studio albums have at least one curse word, too?  If they're that impressionable, it's good to do a little research before you just play something you'll regret.  You may want to listen closely so you can save those precious minds from such profanity ;)

Without looking it up, I don't think Backspacer does. I'm not sure LB does. Amazon says Backspacer is "explicit" which could just mean it's not necessarily a radio edit.
    My Fathers Son has an F bomb. Not sure about Backspacer without looking it up. 
    With a bit of free time, I scanned the lyrics pretty sure this line in Supersonic is the only swear:

"I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold
    Cut the crease and put the shit in the whole, yeah"

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,218
    edited March 2018
    Inappropriate link removed.
    Post edited by Sea on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    TJ25487 said:
    My dad could make a whole sentence out of just using the F word. Quite impressive. 
    It really is a spectacular word. I use it with aplomb. Verb, noun, adjective, adverb... A multi-faceted word which can be used to great affect in the proper situation (and even in the improper situation). The OP probably needs to build a bubble for their babies. It's a rough fucking world out there.
    https://youtu.be/iW9bcaEOJvg
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Mawky1103Mawky1103 Posts: 309
    Are you fucking shitting me? Please don’t turn on the news then, it’s much worse. 
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 364
    Yesterday I asked my 2 year old "what the fuck is wrong with you?" 

Ahhh terrible two's! 
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 364
    Alternatively the other day I was in the basement with my kids playing and Big Dumb Sex played on the turntable. My wife walked into the room and asked "what is this?" I said "don't worry it will be over in two minutes" 

Its evolution baby!
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    great song
    danny d
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
    Please keep this on topic and do not post inappropriate links. See the Posting Guidelines
    Thank you
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    another thread with the potential for forum gold. 
    Does anyone remember the Ashton Kutcher "Glorified version of a rock" thread from 10-15 years ago?  It kept going and going until someone did some name calling and it got shut down.  
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    People still listen to boots of this band ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    How could 89.3 have a contest without their precious bon Iver involved?!?!
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert