Options

Eagles of Death Metal Tour

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    Fuck this shit. There are other bands to invest in. Fuck him.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    And so is Josh Homme... fucking loser
    Why Homme? He fucked up and seems to struggle with substance abuse, but generally he's not a raging asshole.
    He kicked a woman in the face... drugs & alcohol is NEVER an excuse for such behavior... he's a fucking loser
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    my2hands said:
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    And so is Josh Homme... fucking loser
    Why Homme? He fucked up and seems to struggle with substance abuse, but generally he's not a raging asshole.
    He kicked a woman in the face... drugs & alcohol is NEVER an excuse for such behavior... he's a fucking loser

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    This and the fact that Josh kicked that photographer in the face, makes me really wonder if I want anything to do with that whole Joshua Tree group.
    I think that kick is a totally different thing than this. It was spur of the moment, he was high, and he didn't mean to hurt anyone. Plus he apologized profusely afterwards, and showed genuine regret. It was an accident for which he felt terrible as far as I can tell. For me, that is wholly forgivable. But this crap that Jesse spewed... those aall seem to be long-thought out, deep-seated beliefs that he holds, and geez, just the trashiness of his willingness to talk about the protesters that way he did .... Completely different to me.
    They are different, no doubt, but I've been pretty damn fucked up before and never have and never will purposely kick a random person in the face. This was a photographer trying to glorify his rock star image and simply taking pictures. She wasn't crowding onto the stage or getting in his face and yet the guy kicks her? Josh can apologize all he wants, but he is still a serious asshole, in my book. It's easy to give the finger to EODM, because their music sucks. We're more apt to make excuses for someone when we love their work. I haven't listened to Queens since that incident and honestly don't know if I can let it go. It was just plain shitty.
    But I don't think he meant to kick anyone in the face at all, and that makes a big difference to me. It really was an accident that anything hit her face IMO. Obviously he shouldn't have been kicking at anything, let alone a camera, but I've watched that video a lot of times, and I am 100% convinced the he really didn't realize at the time that his little kick would result in a person getting hurt. So I forgive him for that incident completely. It was a dumb accident resulting from some stupid fucking drunk/high bullshit, for which he's repented. I'm forgiving of mistakes and bad behaviour when it's reasonable to do so, and I think it is reasonable in this case. And yes, I've thought long and hard about how biased I may be about it. I feel quite sure that I'm thinking about it in pretty objective terms and have interpreted the video evidence fairly. I'm not making excuses for him, I'm just calling it the way I see it with my eyeballs.
    I think/hope that he really learned a lesson from that event.... I think he did, but only time will tell. If he acts like that AGAIN, then I'll have a real problem with him.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185

what a mustached poseur!  probably thinks if brought his guns on tour he could've stopped ISIS cold in Paris.

he should volunteer and head over to the front lines in Afghanistan if he is such a badass.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Seen it probably 30 times already, lol. He didn't even know she got hurt at the time as far as I can tell - he wasn't even looking, and seems like he barely knew what he was doing. He forgot about the rules of physics I think. He clearly just meant to kick the camera sideways (did he care if it was a camera or any other random object? I have no clue) ... Which is a dumbfuck thing to say the least. But when there is no intent to cause injury, it changes everything IMO. Damn, if I started boycotting every artist who did something incredibly fucking stupid or douchebaggy while drunk or high I'd have a pretty small music library. Now if someone maliciously causes injury to someone, or if they show no regret for doing something that does cause harm, that's another story. I just don't think that's the case here at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    From one of his deleted posts... “There are only 2 genders,” and “Donald Trump will be your president for 7 more years."
    Wow, what a douche bag.

• Options
    From one of his deleted posts... “There are only 2 genders,” and “Donald Trump will be your president for 7 more years."
    Wow, what a douche bag.

what a piece of shit. I am calling for all you fuckers who bought this guy's music(trash) to throw it out or burn it.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm glad I've never heard them.
    Cool name for a band, frontman looks like douche trying too hard.

It's something I've always liked about Pearl Jam, they don't feel the need to wear rockstar costumes.
    I really don't like costume rock, I'll give a pass to exemplary early acts like Zep and Elton, but that's about it.
    It's definitely a big part of my disdain for metal.  Costumes and illegibly jaggedy fonts.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    rgambs said:
    I'm glad I've never heard them.
    Cool name for a band, frontman looks like douche trying too hard.

From their webpage:

The story goes that a friend was introducing Josh Homme to the death metal genre. When he played a song by the Polish band Vader and made a claim that the song was within the death metal genre, Homme then referred to Vader as "The Eagles of Death Metal". After hearing this phrase, he wondered what a cross between the Eagles and a death metal band would sound like. With that, the band was born.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Seen it probably 30 times already, lol. He didn't even know she got hurt at the time as far as I can tell - he wasn't even looking, and seems like he barely knew what he was doing. He forgot about the rules of physics I think. He clearly just meant to kick the camera sideways (did he care if it was a camera or any other random object? I have no clue) ... Which is a dumbfuck thing to say the least. But when there is no intent to cause injury, it changes everything IMO. Damn, if I started boycotting every artist who did something incredibly fucking stupid or douchebaggy while drunk or high I'd have a pretty small music library. Now if someone maliciously causes injury to someone, or if they show no regret for doing something that does cause harm, that's another story. I just don't think that's the case here at all.
    The problem is... the camera was attached to a womans face... and it's not his first time on stage... and its not the first photographer he has seen in the pit... he tried to be "mr too cool for photos from the pit rockstar" and tried to kick the camera out of her hands and she got hurt... he knew she was there, she was there the entire time taking pics... I'm sorry, he's a fucking loser

I once saw Eddie get pissed and throw a towel at a photographer that stayed in the pit too long in Camden before the GA days... but he didn't kick them 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The problem is... the camera was attached to a womans face... and it's not his first time on stage... and its not the first photographer he has seen in the pit... he tried to be "mr too cool for photos from the pit rockstar" and tried to kick the camera out of her hands and she got hurt... he knew she was there, she was there the entire time taking pics... I'm sorry, he's a fucking loser

I once saw Eddie get pissed and throw a towel at a photographer that stayed in the pit too long in Camden before the GA days... but he didn't kick them 
    But I truly don't think he meant for that camera to hit her face. If you watch how he does it, I think that, in his drug/booze induced haze, he actually thought he was going to flick the camera away from her face, not into it. Again, idiotic. I'm not claiming he's awesome after he acted like that, or making excuses for his general crazy behaviour that night ... but he didn't hurt her on purpose. Therefore, his band is not boycott worthy as far as I'm concerned, lol. I'm not some Josh Homme fangirl... I'm just someone who doesn't think that dumb mistake is reason enough for me to not listen to or enjoy QOTSA anymore.
    And I don't think he's a "fucking loser". I think he's gotta get his ass into rehab if he hasn't already though. He seems to have a substance abuse issue that has started to affect his professional life.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    Fuck that guy and his band.  I threw his CDs in the garbage today.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    In a way it sucks that PJ and Matt released that benefit single covering EODM songs (even if it was for a good cause at the time).
    I can ditch my EODM cds, but I can't get rid of any PJ from my library.

It's the same reason that I have to keep one U2 song in my house no matter how much I hate them (the RITFW cover that was on a PJ Christmas single :lol:)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    Fuck that guy and his band.  I threw his CDs in the garbage today.

good for you. hope everyone does it!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Really shocked by his statements. Have always been a fan of their band but can't say i'll hitting up anymore of their gigs now. Fuck em!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

But I truly don't think he meant for that camera to hit her face. If you watch how he does it, I think that, in his drug/booze induced haze, he actually thought he was going to flick the camera away from her face, not into it. Again, idiotic. I'm not claiming he's awesome after he acted like that, or making excuses for his general crazy behaviour that night ... but he didn't hurt her on purpose. Therefore, his band is not boycott worthy as far as I'm concerned, lol. I'm not some Josh Homme fangirl... I'm just someone who doesn't think that dumb mistake is reason enough for me to not listen to or enjoy QOTSA anymore.
    And I don't think he's a "fucking loser". I think he's gotta get his ass into rehab if he hasn't already though. He seems to have a substance abuse issue that has started to affect his professional life.

If that is the worst thing Josh does in his life than it isn't even worth a footnote.  Made a stupid, spur of the moment mistake (yeah, vast majority wouldn't have done it), but can't imagine anyone was seriously hurt. 
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yeah I think that whole kicking a photographer thing was blown way out of proportion.  Of course his behaviour was ridiculous, but I honestly think with all the lights flashing and the fact that he was clearly drunk/high, he thought he'd look like a cocky bad boy if he kicked a camera, I don't believe for a minute that he realised someone's face was that close to it.   I like QOTSA's music, but wouldn't have any problem calling him out for shitty behaviour - I just don't think what happened was intended, just stupid drunken behaviour.

But, anyway.....Jesse Hughes, yeah, a real piece of work.  I would blame his behaviour on the whole Bataclan thing, but he was a douche bag before to be honest.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Asshole has since deleted al his social media accounts. first blaming security at the bataclan for "being in on it", to this. he's a POS of the highest order. will never spend another penny on him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    lolobugg said:
    Wow, what a douche bag.

what a piece of shit. I am calling for all you fuckers who bought this guy's music(trash) to throw it out or burn it.
    I've never liked their music and his recent statements are shameful. I don't own any of his music. (I don't think.) However, I think throwing away or burning his music is taking it too far. Some may consider his work trash, some may not. But there have been too many horrible cases throughout history of burning/destroying art. I don't think we want to be on the same side as that. I'll make sure I never attend a concert or festival he is playing but I couldn't go as far as burning his work. 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    eddiec said:
    lolobugg said:
    Wow, what a douche bag.

I've never liked their music and his recent statements are shameful. I don't own any of his music. (I don't think.) However, I think throwing away or burning his music is taking it too far. Some may consider his work trash, some may not. But there have been too many horrible cases throughout history of burning/destroying art. I don't think we want to be on the same side as that. I'll make sure I never attend a concert or festival he is playing but I couldn't go as far as burning his work. 

ok. just donate it to charity then or recycle it.

I haven't checked the shop, but I hope PJ has removed anything with their/his name on it from there.

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    eddiec said:
    lolobugg said:
    Wow, what a douche bag.

meh. it's a cd. the only reason i wouldn't burn it is for environmental reasons, not artistic. but I also own none of their music. my wife and I went to one of their shows once, but that's it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,806
    Asshole has since deleted al his social media accounts. first blaming security at the bataclan for "being in on it", to this. he's a POS of the highest order. will never spend another penny on him. 
    Yeh i own all of EODM CDS. And went to two of there shows in ohio here .but yeh  iam going to sale them all to my local record store .after I  put a warning note  in each one that he is a Nazi punk .the QOTSA ARE still cool with me since i saw he apologized. But yeh i am still very taken back by homme.

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    trees said:
    Yeh i own all of EODM CDS. And went to two of there shows in ohio here .but yeh  iam going to sale them all to my local record store .after I  put a warning note  in each one that he is a Nazi punk .the QOTSA ARE still cool with me since i saw he apologized. But yeh i am still very taken back by homme.

good idea!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore