Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Also see the bills now have two picks in each of the first three rounds.  Should be exciting for their fans.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Also see the bills now have two picks in each of the first three rounds.  Should be exciting for their fans.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,295
    Wow the QBs all just let out a sign of relief.  Browns less likely to take them now.
    they can still take one at 4
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited March 2018
    I hope Sherman ends up......nowhere.  hope he retires.
    Amen to that!
    Dude, we both cannot stand the guy....watch him end up with the team we least want him to end up with:
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22700245/seattle-seahawks-likely-release-cornerback-richard-sherman-friday

He is apparently going to meet with our team and work toward a contract. I swear to god I will fly to Santa Clara and snap Jed York’s fucking neck. Christ someone buy the fucking team away from him PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    Three year deal. Mother fucking fucker. Fuck fuck fuck.
  • Options
    Dammit.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,687
    rule change to be voted on......

NFL sets new definition for controversial catch rule
    http://wapo.st/2ptqu0r

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Did anybody know about this?

Eagles DE Michael Bennett has been indicted on a felony charge of injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman at Super Bowl 51.

The 66-year-old woman was working at Houston's NRG Stadium trying to control access to the field. A warrant in the state of Texas has been issued for Bennett's arrest. Then a member of the Seahawks, Bennett attended the Super Bowl to watch his brother Martellus. Michael was accused of shoving his way onto the field after the woman told him to use a different entrance. Bennett faces a penalty of up to 10 years in prison in addition to a $10,000 fine.

(source: Rotoworld)

Remember when everybody jumped 'all in' on his account he was racially targeted by Las Vegas police... and it turns out that was a load of crap (supported by multiple body cams submitted by police there?

The Eagles can have him.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Eagles DE Michael Bennett has been indicted on a felony charge of injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman at Super Bowl 51.

The 66-year-old woman was working at Houston's NRG Stadium trying to control access to the field. A warrant in the state of Texas has been issued for Bennett's arrest. Then a member of the Seahawks, Bennett attended the Super Bowl to watch his brother Martellus. Michael was accused of shoving his way onto the field after the woman told him to use a different entrance. Bennett faces a penalty of up to 10 years in prison in addition to a $10,000 fine.

Remember when everybody jumped 'all in' on his account he was racially targeted by Las Vegas police... and it turns out that was a load of crap (supported by multiple body cams submitted by police there?

The Eagles can have him.
    Yes, I heard about it...I just wonder why the arrest warrant was issued over a year after the super bowl...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

The Eagles can have him.
    It's funny how no one talks about that now that the truth came out about the Vegas incident.  Add to it that he's a dirty player who has repeatedly taken cheap shots at people trying to take guys knees out.  That game against the Jags this year was out of control.  Great player, but he's a complete fucking scumbag.  
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    His brother is a dick too. Pretty lame of the eagles to take him. Gonna be hard to root for them with him on the field and Schwartz on the sideline. 
  • Options
    He can get up to 10 years in prison...is this correct?  There’s a good chance his football career is over.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    How can you get ten years (or 1 year) for pushing someone over in a group to get on the field after the super bowl?  Gotta be more to it than that.  I'm not defending him - he seems like a jackass.  Our prisons are already overcrowded....don't need this guy in one for this unless there is a lot more we don't know.
    I do think his previous claim sounded like crap from the videos we got.
  • Options

NFL star Michael Bennett indicted on charge of injury to elderly at Super Bowl

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/us/nfl-star-michael-bennett-indicted/index.html
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited March 2018
    How can you get ten years (or 1 year) for pushing someone over in a group to get on the field after the super bowl?  Gotta be more to it than that.  I'm not defending him - he seems like a jackass.  Our prisons are already overcrowded....don't need this guy in one for this unless there is a lot more we don't know.
    I do think his previous claim sounded like crap from the videos we got.

The police chief sounded unprofessional and biased in his press conference.

This is the Super Bowl and they're saying there is only one witness and no video evidence? At the Super Bowl? And they waited an entire year? This is something that can get him 10 years in jail and the didn't bother to try and apprehend and arrest him at the time that it happened? What? Sorry but a lot of this stuff isn't quite adding up....

I don't care if Bennett is a jackass and you don't like the way he plays...it seems like he's getting the shaft here.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He’ll get his day in court ...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,687
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Guess what year this photo is from

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I'd say 78 but the Jags & Panthers helmets are in there.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Panthers & Jags entered the league in 95 and the Broncos & Bucaneers changed their helmets for the 97 Season, so this is either 95 or 96.
  • Options

Panthers & Jags entered the league in 95 and the Broncos & Bucaneers changed their helmets for the 97 Season, so this is either 95 or 96.
    1995 is correct. The Eagles changed to midnight green in '96.

To me--this is about perfect. There should not have been any changes after this year. Actually maybe a few years earlier before the Patriots changed theirs.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    edited April 2018

To me--this is about perfect. There should not have been any changes after this year. Actually maybe a few years earlier before the Patriots changed theirs.

I like my Dirty Birds old logo. Except I prefer the red helmets.

PS- what about the Oilers

PSS- as much as I hate them... the old Tampa Logo was WEAK

Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Oilers are there. I LOVED the old school Bucs logo/unis
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

I was just asking if you think Tennessee should've kept the Oilers name/logo?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

I don't like it when the teams keep regional nicknames as they move.

Utah Jazz has to be the worst team name in all of sports.  (I guess Basement Drinkers, Polygamists, and Alternative Lifestyle Haters were all poor choices.)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

Utah Jazz has to be the worst team name in all of sports.  (I guess Basement Drinkers, Polygamists, and Alternative Lifestyle Haters were all poor choices.)

:lol: 

the Utah Mormons?

the Utah Wobs?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    :)

Well, Wob is a Basement Dwinker....but he also dwinks in pubwic, so he doesn't really fit the bill.

The Utah Oldsters
    The Utah Gwumps
  • Options

Ah, right, I didn't even think about the Eagles.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

Basketball is all f'd up.  LA Lakers, Utah Jazz, Memphis Grizzlies.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:

Basketball is all f'd up.  LA Lakers, Utah Jazz, Memphis Grizzlies.
    Grizzlies -- forgot about that one. Awesome.