Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Anyone seen the Charlize Hot Ones yet? 
    She is the hottest one ever to be on The Hot Ones and I enjoyed the episode.

(I would enjoy watching her walk a dog.  But, the episode was good!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Charlize :heart:

I'd not heard of this show before but it's now on my check-it-out list.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

I watched it about 4 times last week.  She's amazing!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I watched it about 4 times last week.  She's amazing!
    TMI!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

She is something.  Cool as hell too.  A lot more f bombs than I expected.

Sean Evans was a little overwhelmed on that one.  He handled himself well though.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Charlize :heart:

I'd not heard of this show before but it's now on my check-it-out list.
    Hot Ones is great.  

My only complaint is that there is no way they are tossing the wings in as much hot sauce as they used to.  People are not struggling enough for what they are eating these days.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hot-should-be-your-youtube-obsession-1096315

Also, don't watch the Taraji P. Henson episode unless you want to rip your ear drums out
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Sean Evans was a little overwhelmed on that one.  He handled himself well though.
    And whatever that hospital gown looking thing she was wearing... whatever it was, she made it look a lot more appealing than it probably should be.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616

And whatever that hospital gown looking thing she was wearing... whatever it was, she made it look a lot more appealing than it probably should be.
    It is almost impossible for her to look bad
  • Options

Fluffernutter, fuckers!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Never had one.

I wonder if fluffernutters are better than Nutter Butters.....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Great flavors but always gummed my mouth up too much.  In my family we called it a schmallowbutter.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
  • Options
    How we do Saturday

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Good little Saturday evening here. Some Gouda, sawtooth (it smells so bad it’s amazing) and a Malto d’orzo & whiskey cheese (new to me but amazing). Also, some duck prosciutto and a nice bottle of valpolicella. All to go along with a little basketball and the Pearl Jam show. A cannoli to finish off later perhaps after a little bud

• Options
    Beautiful Saturday meal, Cliffy. Bravo!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Good little Saturday evening here. Some Gouda, sawtooth (it smells so bad it’s amazing) and a Malto d’orzo & whiskey cheese (new to me but amazing). Also, some duck prosciutto and a nice bottle of valpolicella. All to go along with a little basketball and the Pearl Jam show. A cannoli to finish off later perhaps after a little bud

Looks and sounds yummy (for the most part).

Kind of pedestrian, but I bought a chunk of Avonlea clothbound cheddar today and just had a few slices. Yummm.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    dankind said:

Fluffernutter, fuckers!
    Nice choice!! Love it! Haven’t had one in a while but I think that’s gonna change.
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    A little baked ziti for a Sunday meal. I like it a little burnt. 
  • Options
    That looks good!
  • Options
    Yeah I could get down with that. Well done
  • Options

Kind of pedestrian, but I bought a chunk of Avonlea clothbound cheddar today and just had a few slices. Yummm.
    The whiskey one I actually didn’t like much. Liked it a lot more when I tried it in the store. The wife loves it though. 

Not a damn thing wrong with some delicious cheddar
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

The whiskey one I actually didn’t like much. Liked it a lot more when I tried it in the store. The wife loves it though. 

Not a damn thing wrong with some delicious cheddar
    Not a damn thing. It’s simple perfection. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Had a peanut butter bacon burger with jalapenos yesterday and it was really good!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    The wife whipped up some venison stew in the slow cooker this morning. 8 hours later it was pretty damn tasty.
  • Options
    I think gambo may be morphing into Elvis =)

What's in the stew?  I've had venison only once, I think, and it too was cooked for a long time till it reached ridiculous tenderness.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I think gambo may be morphing into Elvis =)

What's in the stew?  I've had venison only once, I think, and it too was cooked for a long time till it reached ridiculous tenderness.
    The usual stew stuff: spuds, onion, mushrooms, carrots.  Not sure what she put in for spices and the like. 

We eat a lot of venison. Usually end up with a couple of deer in the freezer each year.  Most people think that since its a wild animal you need to cook it until it has the consistency of boot leather.  I cook just like I would beef, a nice medium to medium rare. The wife also makes a venison marsala with forged chanterelle mushrooms that's to die for.
  • Options
    Love me some venison.  Not an easy get around here right now though.  Our game meat butcher closed so it's getting some off friends who hunt when I see them, but that is here and there.
  • Options
    Love me some venison.  Not an easy get around here right now though.  Our game meat butcher closed so it's getting some off friends who hunt when I see them, but that is here and there.
    If you have an understanding of processing animals, don't be afraid of picking up a roadkill deer.  Make sure it is a fresh roadkill and that it is not all mangled and the internal organs are intact.  I recently picked up a fresh roadkill that I brought home and processed.  It was hit by a vehicle in the front end (head/neck) so the tenderloins and hind-quarters were fine.  I know it sounds very hillbilly-ish, but it's another way to have access to venison.
  • Options
    I love venison and prefer it next to raw, just as I do with a beef steak.