Options

Should men really be living longer

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Gah!  As if the word sigmoid alone weren't enough, to be prefaced by "rigid"?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited March 2018
    Why do men usually die before their spouse/signicant other...because we want to...lol
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Depends on who you ask.
    If you asked most people here if I should live longer they would say no.
    Why would you think that of the majority of the members who post in these forums?

I hope my husband lives happily for a long-ass time to come.  Fuck knows I'd be lost without him.
    Isn't it obvious.
    What does your husband have to do with my post?
    I asked, so no - it isn't to me.

My other comment was about the OP.

Please, go back and read once in a while.  It's not or wasn't about you.
    You quoted me in your post. I am confused.
    Put comments about something irrelevant to my post which you quoted in a separate post once in a while... 
    I could be wrong but I think Hedo was just telling us how important her husband is to her...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Depends on who you ask.
    Why would you think that of the majority of the members who post in these forums?

I hope my husband lives happily for a long-ass time to come.  Fuck knows I'd be lost without him.
    Isn't it obvious.

Put comments about something irrelevant to my post which you quoted in a separate post once in a while... 
    I could be wrong but I think Hedo was just telling us how important her husband is to her...

You are correct, thank you.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Depends on who you ask.

Isn't it obvious.

You are correct, thank you.
    No problem.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've been knuckle deep into a slew of recti and I can say with experience that nobody is having any fun, but there's also a professional detachment that makes it bearable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    rgambs said:
    Thoughts Arrive, NOBODY here wants you to die.
    EVERYBODY here wants you to take control of your life and find happiness.

For those who are afraid of a digital prostate exam, I recommend you Google "rigid sigmoidoscope" and consider that this not so little device is more likely to be deployed if you skip your exams and colonoscopies.
    Some do. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Thoughts Arrive, NOBODY here wants you to die.
    EVERYBODY here wants you to take control of your life and find happiness.

For those who are afraid of a digital prostate exam, I recommend you Google "rigid sigmoidoscope" and consider that this not so little device is more likely to be deployed if you skip your exams and colonoscopies.
    Some do. 
    Bullshit.
    These are good people 'round here.
    Maybe they don't tell you what you want to hear, but that doesn't mean they have ill will.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,938
    T.A if you take things on here to heart you will get hurt too often. Turn the page . Walk on and do not absorb people's views
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I know sometimes debates can be heated around here. But I agree with rgambs no one here wants to see you harmed.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Some members I thought were nice turned out to be vicious bullies.
    Not going to name them here because I don't want to get banned for good.
    They know who they are.
    From criticising me at every turn to ignoring me on PM when I am being friendly.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Let it go it's only harmful to YOU
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    That's not a vicious bullying bud, that's just people being honest.
    Vicious bullying is not something that happens around here. 
    When you open yourself to criticism purposely, you need to be able to handle the truth.

• Options
    How have I opened up myself up to criticism purposely?
  • Options
    You ask for people's opinions and then dismiss them when given.

• Options
    rgambs said:

asking for opinions shouldn't lead to being criticised and even mocked.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I agree, it shouldn't, but it inevitably will.  This is the internet.

The relevant threads that I recall weren't so simple as that anyways.  In those threads you were given an abundance of genuine, open, and honest responses that you promptly shot down in a serious effort to maintain a persecuted status.
    People lose patience with that sort of behavior and when people lose patience they don't show their best selves.  Sure, there are people here who could be being better selves in their interactions with you, but couldn't you also be a better self in these interactions?  Couldn't you take the given advice you've asked for under serious consideration and be thankful?  
    We all have our lesser moments, but a little snarkiness on the internet does not equate to wishing people would die.  If you seriously believe that, then your persecution complex is very severe.

FWIW, I think you seem like a good guy that just needs to get some mojo going and stop with the self-hate.
    Everybody has good that they can bring into this world.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Try not to take things personal, especially websites like this.  Do you have other things of great interest to you?  If you do, try to find forums associated with other interest to balance things.  I’m a member of a sports forums, it is free to join, very well moderated, the moderators of the other forums I go to tolerate no bs...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I agree, it shouldn't, but it inevitably will.  This is the internet.

The relevant threads that I recall weren't so simple as that anyways.  In those threads you were given an abundance of genuine, open, and honest responses that you promptly shot down in a serious effort to maintain a persecuted status.
    People lose patience with that sort of behavior and when people lose patience they don't show their best selves.  Sure, there are people here who could be being better selves in their interactions with you, but couldn't you also be a better self in these interactions?  Couldn't you take the given advice you've asked for under serious consideration and be thankful?  
    We all have our lesser moments, but a little snarkiness on the internet does not equate to wishing people would die.  If you seriously believe that, then your persecution complex is very severe.

FWIW, I think you seem like a good guy that just needs to get some mojo going and stop with the self-hate.
    Everybody has good that they can bring into this world.
    I wasn't deliberately shooting down people's responses. Most times I could not do what people suggested and they took it as me shooting them down. Okay, I exaggerated shit about people wishing me harm but it's clear I am hated.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Try not to take things personal, especially websites like this.  Do you have other things of great interest to you?  If you do, try to find forums associated with other interest to balance things.  I’m a member of a sports forums, it is free to join, very well moderated, the moderators of the other forums I go to tolerate no bs...

I am on another forum for artists.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited March 2018
    They know who they are.
    From criticising me at every turn to ignoring me on PM when I am being friendly.
    Even if that's true, I feel pretty confident saying that not a single one of them want you to die, or anything close to it. Just because people don't agree with you or don't get along with you or choose not to engage with you, it doesn't mean they bear you any ill will whatsoever.
    Like rgambs said, sometimes people get frustrated with your continual refusal to take advise that you initially seek out - you reject all help given but continue to ask for it, and then you adopt a victim's attitude after you are the one who lashes out. When you do that, just about everyone will reach a point when they start showing their annoyance or impatience with that behaviour. But anyway, at the end of the day, from what I've seen, everyone has done their best to help you, and continues to do so, and you reject those efforts 100% of the time and then act like we all hate you. I'm not too sure how you expect people to react to that, other than in the way they have. :confused: Again I agree with rgambs - you seem to have a pretty severe persecution complex. That's troubling... have you discussed this particular issue with your therapist?

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    They know who they are.
    Even if that's true, I feel pretty confident saying that not a single one of them want you to die, or anything close to it. Just because people don't agree with you or don't get along with you or choose not to engage with you, it doesn't mean they bear you any ill will whatsoever.
    True.  And an important lesson I've learned is that not everyone has to like you.  It'd be strange if everyone did, no?

I mean,  I can feel "meh" about someone without actually disliking them.  And...there are some folks I actually DO dislike.  I expect it to go both ways too.  Such is life and human nature.

Anyway, I went and re-read the original post.  Man, this thread has devolved!
  • Options
    It sure has devolved. Last i posted here was about my injection in the helmet :o
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    It sure has devolved. Last i posted here was about my injection in the helmet :o
    And you think it’s gotten worse than that? ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Good point.... thats what the dr said! I thank you.
    Its changed direction for sure. Again no pun intended
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Today I go to the Doctor.
    Yesterday I called the doctor and told a young woman at the desk
    I haven't had an erection in a week.
    This should all go smoothly.......
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Man, this thread! So much and so little have changed, huh. Still funny as fuck though. 

Good luck, Mal! I hope everything straightens out :)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    Man, this thread! So much and so little have changed, huh. Still funny as fuck though. 

Good luck, Mal! I hope everything straightens out :)
    :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Butthole swirly, f**kin hilarious! :bawling:

Malroth said:
    I just had a prostate exam. A MAN STUCK HIS FINGER IN MY BUTTHOLE AND TWIRLED IT AROUND I found myself hoping he'd find something. because either he'd save my life or I would die soon and not have this memory. The doctor is already lost. He has done so many weird things, professionally or socially, he will soon forget about my butthole. Now I walk around in shame wondering if everybody that sees me just knows I've had a butthole swirly. How I wish for the days of the exactly 389 post club. I've lost my innocence.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Butthole swirly, f**kin hilarious! :bawling:

Malroth said:
    I just had a prostate exam. A MAN STUCK HIS FINGER IN MY BUTTHOLE AND TWIRLED IT AROUND I found myself hoping he'd find something. because either he'd save my life or I would die soon and not have this memory. The doctor is already lost. He has done so many weird things, professionally or socially, he will soon forget about my butthole. Now I walk around in shame wondering if everybody that sees me just knows I've had a butthole swirly. How I wish for the days of the exactly 389 post club. I've lost my innocence.

At least it was a finger used. When I left my annual exam, it felt as if I was internally scrubbed with a scotch brite pad. Not pleasant. 

Ain't easy being a female either. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1