Options

Serious question about cereal

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Gruel King. :lol: Funny.

I just like crunchy things. So the crunchier the cereal the better. Or at least one that protects itself against sogginess well. So Crispix is pretty okay - doesn't really go soggy. Corn Flakes are really crunchy... for about 30 seconds, lol. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios are very crunchy for a bit too, I guess because of those razor sharp shards of apply on them, lol. What is the crunchiest crunchy cereal in you people's opinions? I would love to find the crunchiest, non-soggy-in-seconds cereal in existence.
    Oh's are the crunchiest cereal of all and they are damn good. They are so crunchy they hurt. They taste like a souped up version of cap'n crunch/golden grahams. 
    That sounds like what I'm looking for! So crunchy it hurts is just right, lol. I consider Cap'n Crunch and Golden Grahams two of the soggiest cereals on the market, so I definitely hope Oh's aren't too similar!.... Now I just need to find out if Oh's even exist in Canada.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I’m a cereal killer.
    I actually dressed up as that for Halloween in about 1995 or so.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Just be wary of crunchy cereal, I broke a tooth on Lidl's version of Special K. That's when I switched to muesli and shredded wheat!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Just be wary of crunchy cereal, I broke a tooth on Lidl's version of Special K. That's when I switched to muesli and shredded wheat!
    Worth the risk, lol. ;)
    I eat toasted corn nuts, the hardest crunch on the face of the Earth, so I should be okay with any cereal..... Maybe I've gotta try this Lidl's stuff!!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    So, has anyone else seen Sexcereal in the shelves? It claims to boost your sex life. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/life-style/health/sexcereal-breakfast-cereal-sex-life-article-1.1296617

I saw some once, in a Bed, Bath & Beyond. Maybe Sexcereal fits into the “Bed” part, or maybe the “Beyond”

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    The best snacking cereal (i.e. hand food, no milk) is, of course, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I could eat a whole box of those like chips. So delicious! Of course they get too soggy in milk.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:
    I’m a cereal killer.
    I actually dressed up as that for Halloween in about 1995 or so.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n-9uq_lyRQ

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So, has anyone else seen Sexcereal in the shelves? It claims to boost your sex life. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/life-style/health/sexcereal-breakfast-cereal-sex-life-article-1.1296617

I saw some once, in a Bed, Bath & Beyond. Maybe Sexcereal fits into the “Bed” part, or maybe the “Beyond”

I wonder what "happens" if a woman uses the male version or vice versa...

I miss the days of toys in kids' cereal boxes.  Nary a one now!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oh!s are a shell of their former selves.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    dankind said:
    Oh!s are a shell of their former selves.
    Really?? I don't ever remember trying them back in the day. I think I remember them existing though. My fancy new-ish stepmom reintroduced them to me a few years back and I've been addicted ever since. I don't eat them that often because I'm sure they are terrible for you. And like I said before they are so crunchy they hurt but damn they're good ;)
  • Options
    Cheerios are pretty crunchy but granola seems your safest bet. I'm a muesli girl, though am currently on shredded wheat with almonds, sunflower seeds and other seedy topping stuff :smile:
    Boiling hot water poured over the shredded wheat... then drained... then brown sugar and milk.

Mmmmm.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Cheerios are pretty crunchy but granola seems your safest bet. I'm a muesli girl, though am currently on shredded wheat with almonds, sunflower seeds and other seedy topping stuff :smile:
    Boiling hot water poured over the shredded wheat... then drained... then brown sugar and milk.

Mmmmm.
    OMG!  My mom used to make that for us when we were kids.  We loved it! I haven't thought of that in about 150 years! 

The other thing we did when I was a kid was take cold leftover rice, sprinkle a bunch of sugar all over it and add milk and eat it as cereal.  We kept our dentist quite busy.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Have OH’s changed???  I was a huge fan as a kid in the 80s.  I know that they still tear the shit out of my pallet still :lol:  but OH so good
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Mmmmm.
    OMG!  My mom used to make that for us when we were kids.  We loved it! I haven't thought of that in about 150 years! 

The other thing we did when I was a kid was take cold leftover rice, sprinkle a bunch of sugar all over it and add milk and eat it as cereal.  We kept our dentist quite busy.
    Lol

I guess we are old! Good stuff though for sure.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Remember when Honeycomb used to have the miniature license plates in the box?
  • Options
    Remember when Honeycomb used to have the miniature license plates in the box?

I used to love the prizes. They only came in the junk cereals though so the only time I could get them were when we went camping. I liked them enough to influence my selection.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Honeycomb!  I don't remember the mini plates but sure do remember this.

Nothing like watching the commercial WHILE EATING THE COMB, and then back to Bugs & Daffy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2iT0ub8lc
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Honeycomb!  I don't remember the mini plates but sure do remember this.

Nothing like watching the commercial WHILE EATING THE COMB, and then back to Bugs & Daffy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2iT0ub8lc

Wow. Holy flashback.