Serious question about cereal

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Not at night. Type I Diabetes here. However when I cheat on my diet I go with a big bowl of Ohs with 2% That cereal has had staying power for a reason! Yum!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    hedonist said:

every year around halloween i buy up all the count chocula on the shelf

:rofl:

:
    chadwick said:

brian,

anyways... -40f/-40c
    0 degrees fahrenheit is -17celsius
    bowl of hot oatmeal, eggs, ham & coffee sure is a good way to start the day

(if there isn't one, we may need a celsius - fahrenheit thread)

Or the US could pull it's head of it ass and convert to Celsius like the rest of the civilized world. Or you fuckers can just learn to math. At least that's what I tell all my US friends when they whine about not knowing "what that is in Fahrenheit".
    What strikes me is "learn to math". What does that even mean?

I'm doing ok in terms of comprehending the different ways temps are measured.
    It means learn to do the conversions, dear Hedo. Some folks insist on "not understanding" unless it is pre converted for them. If I have to math when I go south of the border or someone lists a temp or distance in Imperial I do the conversions in my head. The same is expected in reverse is all.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Here ya go. To convert Fahrenheit to Celsius:
    T(°C) = (T(°F) - 32) / 1.8

or use the online converter:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    I forgot to mention when a cereal binge is in order it's Apple Cinnamon Cheerios all the way. A couple of times a year it's all I'll eat for a day or two.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I usually get the Arrowhead Mills brand at Sprouts Farmers Market.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    I haven't had a bowl of cereal in a while, let alone for dinner. My fav used to be Raisin Bran Crunch w/ 2% milk chilled to 4 degrees Celsius. You're welcome, Can'da.
    Winter, 3.21.2018  22:15 hours.  Totally lacking resistance, I go the the kitchen and make quick oats with raisins, honey, almond milk.  I know, it's late, maybe to late to eat but... it's winter, it's oatmeal.  What harm in that? :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,823
    edited March 2018
    I do i have crunchy nut corn flakes . Not sure if you have them in the usa but very easy to scoff and want more.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I could eat cereal any time of day. I used to eat it sometimes for my evening meal when I was in college or the year or 2 after graduating. Now, it's pretty much just in the morning for breakfast, although I am known to get a handful for a quick snack. My favorite is golden grahams, but usually get either honey nut cheerios or vanilla almond special k to have a somewhat healthier food.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Surely, you can’t be cereal. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Don't call me Shirley
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Always at night.  930pm-10pm range

either Frosted Rice Krispies or Kashi berry filled wheat things.  Too early to remember the name. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Cereal is one of the four major food groups (with pizza, ice cream, & soda).  The current box in the pantry is Honey Nut Cheerios. Just finished a box of Super Mario Cereal and have another unopened box to collect.  Some of my favorites are, in no order:

Cocoa Pebbles
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    Lucky Charms
    Apple Jacks
    Kix
    Honey Bunches of Oats w/Almonds
    Oh's!
    Raisin Bran Crunch
    Most varieties of Cheerios but specifically Honey Nut, Multi Grain, & Apple Cinnamon
    Honey Smacks
    Cookie Crisp

• My roommates at university called me 'The Gruel King'.

I ate oatmeal three times a day as we neared the end of each semester and I was out of cash after the student loan ran out. I was horrible at managing my cash back then and really liked to go out and party.

Man, I remember times when the guys would be eating pizza and I'd be boiling up my pot of gruel. I'd kick myself for not pacing myself. I felt too guilty asking my parents for cash-they'd typically have already helped me.

I've recently started eating oatmeal again- initially for the taste, but since starting for the health benefits (keeps a guy very regular!).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
    My roommates at university called me 'The Gruel King'.

I ate oatmeal three times a day as we neared the end of each semester and I was out of cash after the student loan ran out. I was horrible at managing my cash back then and really liked to go out and party.

Man, I remember times when the guys would be eating pizza and I'd be boiling up my pot of gruel. I'd kick myself for not pacing myself. I felt too guilty asking my parents for cash-they'd typically have already helped me.

I've recently started eating oatmeal again- initially for the taste, but since starting for the health benefits (keeps a guy very regular!).
    no shit?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited March 2018
    The Gruel King. :lol: Funny.

I just like crunchy things. So the crunchier the cereal the better. Or at least one that protects itself against sogginess well. So Crispix is pretty okay - doesn't really go soggy. Corn Flakes are really crunchy... for about 30 seconds, lol. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios are very crunchy for a bit too, I guess because of those razor sharp shards of apply on them, lol. What is the crunchiest crunchy cereal in you people's opinions? I would love to find the crunchiest, non-soggy-in-seconds cereal in existence.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Cap'n Crunch holds up pretty well (though I only eat the PB version).

Grape nuts and most granolas too.

I love some sugary Frosted Flakes sometimes!   Just gotta eat 'em quickly.
  • mickeyrat said:
    My roommates at university called me 'The Gruel King'.

no shit?
    You guessed it!
  • PJ_Soul said:

I just like crunchy things. So the crunchier the cereal the better. Or at least one that protects itself against sogginess well. So Crispix is pretty okay - doesn't really go soggy. Corn Flakes are really crunchy... for about 30 seconds, lol. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios are very crunchy for a bit too, I guess because of those razor sharp shards of apply on them, lol. What is the crunchiest crunchy cereal in you people's opinions? I would love to find the crunchiest, non-soggy-in-seconds cereal in existence.
    I'm opposite to some degree. I like the cereal to soften up a little.

Hedo... grape nuts? I tried one box to mix things up back in the day and I don't even think I got through it. It's popular so it's probably just me.
    edited March 2018
    hedonist said:
    Cap'n Crunch holds up pretty well (though I only eat the PB version).

Grape nuts and most granolas too.

I love some sugary Frosted Flakes sometimes!   Just gotta eat 'em quickly.
    Thank you! ... Cap'n Crunch i think turns to mush really fast unfortunately. Grape Nuts, yeah... that's crunchy. I haven't eaten that is years - I have no idea if I'd like the taste; maybe i'll give those a shot. Granolas are fantastic, I love them, but I find them a bit dense to be crazy crunchy. It's almost more chewy in a way, you know?
    Frosted Flakes are too sweet for me, but I LOOOOVE Honey Nut Cornflakes!! And of course they inexplicably took them off the market years ago now. :cry: At least in Canada.... Does America still have them?? Maybe I should buy them online if you do!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Hedo... grape nuts? I tried one box to mix things up back in the day and I don't even think I got through it. It's popular so it's probably just me.
    Aren't Grape Nuts just 100% bran or something? I've got no regularity issues, so anything that just "get as much bran/fiber into your body as possible" cereals seem unnecessary, lol. That said, Fibre 1 cereal is excellent. Has more fibre than any other cereal, and the non-100% bran kinds are actually very, very tasty.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Aren't Grape Nuts just 100% bran or something? I've got no regularity issues, so anything that just "get as much bran/fiber into your body as possible" cereals seem unnecessary, lol. That said, Fibre 1 cereal is excellent. Has more fibre than any other cereal, and the non-100% bran kinds are actually very, very tasty.
    Fibre 1?? My mom used to eat that. She would come visit and get a box, eat two servings and go back home. I tried it at one point and it tastes like small chunks of wood. 

When she came to visit again she would buy another box. We ended up with five boxes of little chunks of wood at the back of the cupboard. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Fibre 1?? My mom used to eat that. She would come visit and get a box, eat two servings and go back home. I tried it at one point and it tastes like small chunks of wood. 

When she came to visit again she would buy another box. We ended up with five boxes of little chunks of wood at the back of the cupboard. 
    You must mean the pure bran flavour. That's only for the hard care bran people, lol. I haven't even tried that and never will. No, they have really delicious kinds too. One is like little corn flakes with bunches of granola or nuts or something like that, with a touch of honey. And they have a raisin bran/nut one that's super tasty too.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited March 2018
    Cheerios are pretty crunchy but granola seems your safest bet. I'm a muesli girl, though am currently on shredded wheat with almonds, sunflower seeds and other seedy topping stuff :smile:
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    Only cereal i have is Cheerios but i eat them out of the box.  I consider them more of a snack to me cause i don't eat them in a bowl with milk :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

I haven't had it since I was a kid (with berries or bananas) but still found it bland.  Crunchy, but lacking.

often, my mom too was (is?) a FibEr one fan as well =)

That Poop Like a Champion cereal sounds like a weapon!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    I’m a cereal killer.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh's are the crunchiest cereal of all and they are damn good. They are so crunchy they hurt. They taste like a souped up version of cap'n crunch/golden grahams.