I have been a member of the Ten Club since 1996 and still have not had a meet and greet. Why?

Hi everyone, 
I hope you are all having a beautiful day or evening, depending on where you are located. 
I have been wondering for some time now, how many Ten Club members have had the opportunity to do a Meet and Greet with the band? My love of the group started in high school, and I became a member of the Ten Club in 1996 according to the records kept on here. I have attended concerts in NJ and NY but never had the opportunity to meet them. How does a member get an invite? Do we not get to meet them even with a yearly membership enrollment? I missed two years because life happens but I jumped back into the boat soon after that. 
Also, I would not be asking if I didn't have such a love for their music and activism throughout the years. Let's put this way, while I was having my C-section giving birth to my twin boys, Pearl Jam is what I asked for to play in the operating room. My twins were born to YellowLedBetter and that made the experience not as scary. Thank you, gentlemen. 
So, that's my story and question. Just curious to find an answer. Can't wait for them to roll back to Tri-State area again. Peace and much love!! 

Warm Regard, 
Jenn P. <3

Comments

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    To my knowledge this band never did a meet-and-greet, ever.
    EV decided to do one just recently for the first time (for charity), as you can see on the news here.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Your seat location gets you as close to a meet and greet as your gonna get.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Mike usually does meet-and-greets at the annual Flight To Mars gigs (again for a good cause).
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah I joined in 93 I should be working for the band no ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Write them a letter. I’m sure they will read it and appreciate the kind words.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    great first post.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I've been a member since '94 when is Stone going to make and bring me breakfast in bed?
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    I have zero desire to meet and greet the band.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    My guess is that EV's stalker problem may have helped that decision.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    You have to use your Meet & Greet code that is sent when your membership renews. I'm using mine in April to go see Avengers Infinity War with Stone.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Wait, so you didn't get your meet&greet invitation in mail after being in the club for 20 years? Missed out big time, but that was two years ago. Can't wait for mine in 2021.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    JimmyV said:
    You have to use your Meet & Greet code that is sent when your membership renews. I'm using mine in April to go see Avengers Infinity War with Stone.
    Sweet!!!  I'm using my Meet & Greet code to go Sasquatch hunting with Boom. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    I am in the 10Club since 94, my brother in the Metallica Club since 98 or so. He has done the meet and greet and ive gone with him and while it is neat, its a big nothing sandwich. The musician is a uncomfortable and in my experience the fans are obnoxious and difficult...its a bit douchey.

Pearl Jam has mystique!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    they did one in montana or somewhere remote if i'm not mistaken
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:
    I thought Boom was Sasquatch?!?! At least that's what Matt Cameron told me when we went Sasquatch hunting during my meet and greet and we found Boom in the wilderness. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    meet and greets isnt their jam
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:
    I thought Boom was Sasquatch?!?! At least that's what Matt Cameron told me when we went Sasquatch hunting during my meet and greet and we found Boom in the wilderness. 
    Is that how Boom ended up in the band?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    LOL.
  • they did one in montana or somewhere remote if i'm not mistaken
    Yes. Montana 2012 for the Tester show. Technically. it wasn't through Pearl Jam, but yeah, they participated.
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
    MP59559 said:
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:
    Is that how Boom ended up in the band?
    Of course! Matt simply gave home some Jack Links jerky and they really hit it off. He even carried Matt back to camp on his shoulders. It was truly a sight to behold. Thanks 10C meet and greet!

You didn't believe that nonsense about Ed meeting him in Hawaii did you? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    I used my meet and greet code to help them in the studio.  You can thank me for adding the claps to the "Can't Deny Me" bridge.  Mike wanted it to be whistling.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Ugghh...you know my man Mikey, always about the whistling. But it's better than Jeff's incessant finger snapping anytime he gets a beat in his head.
This discussion has been closed.