Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    It’s a protest song, not a camp fire sing along. It’s a delivery that expresses his frustration and anger with the racist biggot clown who stole and lied his way into the White House. It’s a great cadence for how pissed off we all are.
    THIS!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    And that people, is the way to use nonsense posting to get to 10,000 plus message board posts!  Only 1% have to be great.
    Can you please link to that 1%?
    Never said I got to 1%.   Failure. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,173
    PJ_Soul said:
    ..... Sea, do you keep posting that because of negative opinions about the song???
    I’m sure it’s related to the politics comments, not the song.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,323
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Have any of you purchased the song? I did
    No way. It's in my downloads and I can stream it on Google Play. I rarely buy a single, even with Pearl Jam. I know I'll buy the album at some point so I can wait to skip it then, which always happens with the lead single and overplay by the time I get the album :).
    i guess this is why most of their singles never go gold or platinum. Just know that if you streamed it 1500 times that's equal to 1 sale.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,837
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    No way. It's in my downloads and I can stream it on Google Play. I rarely buy a single, even with Pearl Jam. I know I'll buy the album at some point so I can wait to skip it then, which always happens with the lead single and overplay by the time I get the album :).
    i guess this is why most of their singles never go gold or platinum. Just know that if you streamed it 1500 times that's equal to 1 sale.
    People were streaming a lot in the 90s/early 00s?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849

I can handle people complaining about people complaining about people who complain about complainers,  but I draw the line about people who complain about those people that complain about those who complain about people who complain about complainers who complain about people who complain about complainers.

Anyone with me?

I am with you 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Yeah Pearl Jam is the only band in the world whose fans stream, as opposed to buy, their music. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    The B side is called “all people do is complain “
    Honestly, I feel like people complaining about complaining complain the most by far.
    Those are the people who can't handle a little constructive criticism. This song is okay at best. This band is capable of much more. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    no, but I do like to buy an extra newspaper even though I pay for one to get delivered to my door, you know, just to support the media conglomerate. 

all kidding aside, we're all (or most) going to be buying the album. buying the single, then the album, along with our membership fee (which included this song), meh. 

I do that sort of thing for a local and/or up and coming band. Pearl Jam? I think they're doing alright. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DosimetricPJFanDosimetricPJFan Posts: 76
    edited March 2018
    ehbacon said:
    I see a lot of talk on here about Trump being unqualified. For discussion purposes, can someone tell me what made Obama qualified?
    is this a serious question?
    Absolutely a serious question. If he was so fully qualified and a "Betterman", what is one thing about his presidency that stands out positively? And I ain't talknig about being nice or not calling people names. What will we remember about his 2 terms 20 years from now?
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,526
    ehbacon said:
    I see a lot of talk on here about Trump being unqualified. For discussion purposes, can someone tell me what made Obama qualified?
    Absolutely a serious question. If he was so fully qualified and a "Betterman", what is one thing about his presidency that stands out positively? And I ain't talknig about being nice or not calling people names. What will we remember about his 2 terms 20 years from now?

He actually fought for the environment.  
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Maybe early 2000's. I remember the first time I could download a song faster than it took to play it, that wasn't until early 2000s. 
    Most would not have the internet connection to stream before that.
  • Options
    ehbacon said:
    so now you're asking to look back at Obama's 8 years vs what you think Trump will do? because so far, Trump has done zero. except EO's, which was one of his (and republicans) main criticisms of Obama from the beginning. 

he championed, and succeeded, at enoromous progress at human equality. 

his admin brought your country back from economic disaster. 

that's two things. there are many more. 

unfortunately, one of his biggest legacies will be that he was the first non-white president, and ushered in a new (or old, but dormant) wave of seething racism. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,674
    ehbacon said:
    You mean him saving the economy from Bankruptcy and the mortgage crisis or maybe him passing universal healthcare. 2 pretty big accomplishments. Oh , taking out Bin Ladin. Should I keep going or are you satisfied?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    If you don't see a difference between Obama and Trump then you don't have an accurate view of either Obama or Trump. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    no. and they didn't start counting streams until 2014 I believe.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Yeah Pearl Jam is the only band in the world whose fans stream, as opposed to buy, their music. 
    Where did I say that? I was just pointing out the fact that 150 streams of a song or 1500 of an album is equal to 1 sale.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ehbacon said:
    Marriage equality and LGBT protections from discrimination.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    Can’t Deny Me > Of the Earth 
    You are brave......OR Crazy.
    Fixed the above.  That's for sure #FakeNews.  Of the Earth is way better than CDM.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,797
    adamg5 said:
    This is a funny thread.
    Funny how?  Like we are clowns?  Here to amuse you? We are here to make you laugh?
    What do you mean funny, funny how? Are we funny?

"he's funny but not haha funny"

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Right. I would say that ubiquitous high-speed internet made downloading songs possible in the late 90s/early 2000s, when we saw the rise of Napster and the like, which gave way to online music stores like iTunes and others in the mid 2000s, and that streaming as we know it today didn't catch on until the latter half of that decade.

Just two singles have gone gold in the US: Jeremy and Last Kiss. So, really, just one album single has gone gold. Only one song has gone platinum: Just Breathe. If streaming were the reason more of their singles haven't gone at least gold, wouldn't we have seen more gold/platinum singles in the pre-streaming era?

• Options
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    Right. I would say that ubiquitous high-speed internet made downloading songs possible in the late 90s/early 2000s, when we saw the rise of Napster and the like, which gave way to online music stores like iTunes and others in the mid 2000s, and that streaming as we know it today didn't catch on until the latter half of that decade.

Just two singles have gone gold in the US: Jeremy and Last Kiss. So, really, just one album single has gone gold. Only one song has gone platinum: Just Breathe. If streaming were the reason more of their singles haven't gone at least gold, wouldn't we have seen more gold/platinum singles in the pre-streaming era?
    part if it is they're not a singles band but an album band. Also at the time you could only get those singles as an import. And they don't count those here. Add to that they weren't doing videos. They weren't performing at all the awards shows. Doing every talk show. Stuff like that. They do deserve more gold and platinum singles though
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

part if it is they're not a singles band but an album band. Also at the time you could only get those singles as an import. And they don't count those here. Add to that they weren't doing videos. They weren't performing at all the awards shows. Doing every talk show. Stuff like that. They do deserve more gold and platinum singles though
    but I thought they didn't get gold/platinum singles because of streaming?

why do they "deserve" higher charting singles?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

They don't. For starters, rock bands having success with singles is really a relic of the 60's. The Zeppelins and Floyds of the world really changed that in the 70's by not focusing at all on singles. And as for Pearl Jam specifically, hey, they're the ones that insisted on songs like Spin The Black Circle, Who You Are, and Nothing As It Seems being lead singles. All are great songs and all are good representations of the albums they're on. But if the band cared about having hit singles, then Better Man, Hail Hail, and (maybe) Grievance would have been the lead singles from those albums.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

you can get gold and platinum through streaming. Obviously digital downloads help more. But they count streaming now I think since 2014 or 15. That's why Billboard has the Billboard 200 chart and Top Albums chart. You can be #1 in Top Albums Sales. But because of streaming you might be 8th on the Billboard 200. Streaming is why for example Kendrick Lamar was in the top 5 most of the year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    39 pages of back and forth "discussion" over one song.  Can't wait for the thread after the album comes out.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

you can get gold and platinum through streaming. Obviously digital downloads help more. But they count streaming now I think since 2014 or 15. That's why Billboard has the Billboard 200 chart and Top Albums chart. You can be #1 in Top Albums Sales. But because of streaming you might be 8th on the Billboard 200. Streaming is why for example Kendrick Lamar was in the top 5 most of the year
    I was referring to your seemingly contradictory posts of "this is why they don't get high charting singles" because of streaming and "part of they aren't a singles band.....". 

why do you care, and why do you think they deserve, if they get high charting singles?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ehbacon said:

Do you remember that little recession he inherited? The biggest one since the Great Depression?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

I was referring to your seemingly contradictory posts of "this is why they don't get high charting singles" because of streaming and "part of they aren't a singles band.....". 

why do you care, and why do you think they deserve, if they get high charting singles?
    I didn't say they didn't get gold or platinum because of streaming. I was just saying that they count streaming now as part of sales.  But if you want to go there. Pearl Jam are not streamed that. much. There was a top 20 Spotify Rock most listened to. And they didn't make the top 20. Most of us here have PJ Radio and sometimes buy. But the casual fan or possible new fan aren't streaming or buying. The 50th song to be streamed last week was Dua Lipa at 
    6,086,444 streams. 
    And I care because I like to see my favorite band succeed. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MP59559 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

I didn't say they didn't get gold or platinum because of streaming. I was just saying that they count streaming now as part of sales.  But if you want to go there. Pearl Jam are not streamed that. much. There was a top 20 Spotify Rock most listened to. And they didn't make the top 20. Most of us here have PJ Radio and sometimes buy. But the casual fan or possible new fan aren't streaming or buying. The 50th song to be streamed last week was Dua Lipa at 
    6,086,444 streams. 
    And I care because I like to see my favorite band succeed. 
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    No way. It's in my downloads and I can stream it on Google Play. I rarely buy a single, even with Pearl Jam. I know I'll buy the album at some point so I can wait to skip it then, which always happens with the lead single and overplay by the time I get the album .

I interpreted this exchange as you saying they don't get gold or platinum singles because of streaming. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com