Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I see a lot of talk on here about Trump being unqualified. For discussion purposes, can someone tell me what made Obama qualified?
    Obama: public servant beginning in 1996
    Trump: served only himself since the beginning of his life
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I see a lot of talk on here about Trump being unqualified. For discussion purposes, can someone tell me what made Obama qualified?
    is this a serious question?
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    This is true but for me, it goes even beyond that. Obama, and Bush for that matter, were at least statesman that didn't go around calling names and insulting people.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    The B side is called “all people do is complain “
    Honestly, I feel like people complaining about complaining complain the most by far.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    This is true but for me, it goes even beyond that. Obama, and Bush for that matter, were at least statesman that didn't go around calling names and insulting people.
    oh, it goes WAY beyond what I stated, but that's pretty much anyone who asks that question needs to know. 

you are absolutely right. I find Trump to be a disgusting human being. of course, his supporters like it that he "speaks his mind". yeah, so do I, but most of the time I'm not a disrespectful asshole that teaches the children watching that calling people names is appopriate of not only an adult, but the (formerly) most respected office in the land. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2018
    igotid88 said:
    So for fun yesterday I played the song a few times to our lunch crowd during mid day service to see what their reaction was. Most folks in town are mid 30’s in age so that’s the crowd. I played it three times in a row and then brought it up while I was walking the dining room. It was about 80% hated it and 20% thought it was ok.  The ones that liked it said it sounded “heavy” or “punk,” so they liked it. Most people said they thought the singer was trying way too hard, others said it was just awful. Keep in mind it’s friday of sxsw here in town so there’s a lot of music fans around, 
    would need to know what type of music most of them are into. If they only know Pearl Jam from Ten and expect that. New music sometimes takes radio overplaying it a thousand times for a new listener to like it. 
    I guess you know what my knowledge of PJ music is and what music I'm into, and I agree with the 80% for both reasons given (and the more I listen the worse it sounds to me... this one is not a "creeper" in any way). Er, not complaining, just giving another review now that I've had a chance to really absorb it, lol. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    PJ_Soul said:
    Honestly, I feel like people complaining about complaining complain the most by far.

I completely agree. Especially on that god-forsaken tenclub facebook page. So many posts complaining about people complaining....yet I can hardly ever find the posts that were the original complaints.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    PJ_Soul said:
    That was pretty deep. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    i listened to it on repeat for a couple hours this morning. I often do that with a new song by a favourite band. And I dig it still. I also find I'm less picky than other PJ fans, though. I like most of their songs. Only a few notables I don't like. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
    He could put words together and make a sentence. That’s just one example, I have close to 10,000 more. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Good thing you said Honestly. Then we might think your lieing.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,934
    Really digging the song now! 

Took me more than a few days and a number of listens to get it! Didn’t over play it just every now and again. Rocking and catchy. Ed’s vocals get better with each listen too. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    kb272930kb272930 Posts: 62
    He could put words together and make a sentence. That’s just one example, I have close to 10,000 more. 

But he still beat Hillary .  Oh well ,only 7 more years .
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,892
    This sums it all up in a nice, neat package. There are volumes more reasons, but this is perfect.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
    edited March 2018
    Sea said:
    Please everyone, let's be nice and respectful. Thank you

Too many are not following the rules. Forum accounts can become read-only. Please see the rules....

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

16. In addition to these rules, please be sure to read the Terms of Use and Ten Club member policies at https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/204866734-Terms-of-Use

• Options
    kb272930 said:

But he still beat Hillary .  Oh well ,only 7 more years .
    I think you mean weeks
  • Options
    ..... Sea, do you keep posting that because of negative opinions about the song???
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    igotid88 said:
    Have any of you purchased the song? I did
    Me too! :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,268
    edited March 2018

I think some people are misusing the word "qualified."  The only qualifications to be president relevant today* are that one must be a natural born citizen, at least 35 years of age, and at least 14 years a resident of the U.S.

So Mr. Trump is qualified for the presidency.  Thus, I think his detractors mean to say that he is "unfit" for the office.  With respect to "qualifications" in the more colloquial sense, I think people are generally referring to prior government service (although they could be referring to more subjective qualities like temperament or perceived mastery of public policy).  Mr. Obama had served for over a decade in the Illinois State Senate and the United States Senate.

*There is an outdated provision for those who were citizens at the time of the adoption of the U.S. Constitution, since anyone born before the creation of the republic could not have been a "natural born citizen."

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285

1.1 thousand comments in this thread tells me they did they're job!! They have a relevant song that is polarizing, well done PJ!!!!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    When I talk about being "qualified" I mostly just mean that the person should really know wtf he or she is talking about when it comes to their job, lol. Trump does not qualify! He doesn't know policy or law or diplomacy or facts or just basic human emotion from his own ass. I don't even know if he actually knows the difference between truth and lies anymore.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    When I talk about being "qualified" I mostly just mean that the person should really know wtf he or she is talking about when it comes to their job, lol. Trump does not qualify! He doesn't know policy or law or diplomacy or facts or just basic human emotion from his own ass. I don't even know if he actually knows the difference between truth and lies anymore.
    +1
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    I heard the song on a local Rock station 93.3 wmmr in philly.  I believe it sounds different than the one I downloaded here. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know where I can hear the different version?
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    I'm not convinced there is one yet, lol.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    PJ_Soul said:
    The "different" version is the lower audio/bit rate quality download we received. You can find the better version any other place. Including the youtube video that's been posted in this thread a page or two back.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    PJ_Soul said:
    I read about the "different version" and thought the Spotify version was different than the Ten Club download, but I think it just sounded cleaner over my phone speakers. Listening on headphones I don't really notice any difference.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

I can handle people complaining about people complaining about people who complain about complainers,  but I draw the line about people who complain about those people that complain about those who complain about people who complain about complainers who complain about people who complain about complainers.

Anyone with me?

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    And that people, is the way to use nonsense posting to get to 10,000 plus message board posts!  Only 1% have to be great.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    And that people, is the way to use nonsense posting to get to 10,000 plus message board posts!  Only 1% have to be great.
    Can you please link to that 1%?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf