CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,650
    What songs should be played at the Impeachment party? 

Not for u
    go
    the end
    getaway
    evacuation
    grievance
    parting ways
    last exit
    green disease
    inside job
    state of love and trust
    Do the Evolution
    Future Days
    The Fixer
    faithful
    alive

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

Not for u
    go
    the end
    getaway
    evacuation
    grievance
    parting ways
    last exit
    green disease
    inside job
    state of love and trust
    Do the Evolution
    Future Days
    The Fixer
    faithful
    alive

Future Days! :lol: I can envision a Saturday Night Live sketch where Donald looks up from Fox News and starts singing to Melania.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136

Not for u
    go
    the end
    getaway
    evacuation
    grievance
    parting ways
    last exit
    green disease
    inside job
    state of love and trust
    Do the Evolution
    Future Days
    The Fixer
    faithful
    alive

No Hitchhiker?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just remember if Trump goes, we're still stuck with Pence. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,650
    It’s the lesser of two evils. Just like Hillary was to Trump. 
    Pence is a loathsome creature but at least he is qualified. He would understand what the job entails and know how to do it, even if the policies he pursued were vile and divisive.

Trump's a bafoon, but Pence is scary AF. he'll roll back roe v wade if he could. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Checking out of this thread.   I’ll discuss a song written about someone but politicians are on my pay no mind list. I like discussing cool people only. 
  • kb272930kb272930 Posts: 62
    They all suck . And so does Can't Deny Me . Pretty depressing , come on Pearl Jam release some great tunes we can all agree on !
    I really like chorus. The rest is rough to my ear. I know many will disagree.

https://youtu.be/Fecw2m0PDDI

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    JimmyV said:
    I really like chorus. The rest is rough to my ear. I know many will disagree.

https://youtu.be/Fecw2m0PDDI

No I'm in the exact same boat. The chorus is kinda cheesy but I like it and it's been stuck in my head for days. The verses on the other hand.....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Have any of you purchased the song? I did
    I miss igotid88
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Trump's a bafoon, but Pence is scary AF. he'll roll back roe v wade if he could. 
    Yep.  We think Trump is bad? Imagine Trump with any notion of political competence. That's Pence.
    Yep.  We think Trump is bad? Imagine Trump with any notion of political competence. That's Pence.
    That's a fair point.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I keep coming back to it every few days and still like it for the most part. The beginning and first verse are the best part. The end of the chorus is a little weak and that 2nd verse is ok. I like the "plant your lying seeds" lines lyrically, but the delivery is a bit too rough. Overall I'd listen to this any day over half of Lightning Bolt. It flows and doesn't drag. Kind of a throw away rock song that I'd equate to something like Living Loving Maid by Led Zep. Decent rock tune with ok lyrics that is over before you realize it and then you forget about it. I'll just keep hoping that Pearl Jam will be able to similarly sandwich this average rock song between two great ones like Zep did with Heartbreaker and Ramble On on either side of Living Loving Maid.. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Trump seems to be coming unhinged the last few days. Maybe he knows Mueller is getting close. Let's hope so.
    igotid88 said:
    No way. It's in my downloads and I can stream it on Google Play. I rarely buy a single, even with Pearl Jam. I know I'll buy the album at some point so I can wait to skip it then, which always happens with the lead single and overplay by the time I get the album :).
    Sarava said:
    Trump seems to be coming unhinged the last few days. Maybe he knows Mueller is getting close. Let's hope so.
    Nah, he's been playing CDM at the White House thinking it's meant as his theme song :wink:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    No way. It's in my downloads and I can stream it on Google Play. I rarely buy a single, even with Pearl Jam. I know I'll buy the album at some point so I can wait to skip it then, which always happens with the lead single and overplay by the time I get the album :).
    i guess this is why most of their singles never go gold or platinum. Just know that if you streamed it 1500 times that's equal to 1 sale.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    i guess this is why most of their singles never go gold or platinum. Just know that if you streamed it 1500 times that's equal to 1 sale.
    it's the xmas single. why should anyone who's a member purchase it?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

It's not really the fanclub single if we don't get it on vinyl with a B-Side. I think it's more like Ole...something free for the fanclub members.

That said, I actually did purchase it after downloading the tenclub version because I thought the tenclub version was like a rough mix or something. Eh...I've wasted $1.29 on dumber things.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

It's not really the fanclub single if we don't get it on vinyl with a B-Side. I think it's more like Ole...something free for the fanclub members.

That said, I actually did purchase it after downloading the tenclub version because I thought the tenclub version was like a rough mix or something. Eh...I've wasted $1.29 on dumber things.
    Sea confirmed it many pages ago that it is, in fact, the 2017 annual fan club single. 

I haven't listened to the itunes version yet. I heard some say it was different, others say the only difference you hear is the difference in bitrate quality or whatever that jargon is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

Haha! Unfortunately, this will be the annual single and new album single. We'll get a 45 and b-side at some point. Who knows what year the b-side will be from though.
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

Sea confirmed it many pages ago that it is, in fact, the 2017 annual fan club single. 

I haven't listened to the itunes version yet. I heard some say it was different, others say the only difference you hear is the difference in bitrate quality or whatever that jargon is. 

Yeah, that's about the only difference but it does sound a little better.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:
    tbergs said:
    igotid88 said:

Haha! Unfortunately, this will be the annual single and new album single. We'll get a 45 and b-side at some point. Who knows what year the b-side will be from though.

Jeez, that's pretty lazy. People defend the band by saying "What are they supposed to get in the studio just to record the holiday single?" To that I say, "Yes, they should." That's how the Strangest Tribes and Olympic Platinums of the world were recorded.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Just a few years ago 10c released Eddie's cover of Imagine as the A-side and then a few months later we got the B-side and the vinyl. I don't really see this as being much different.

JimmyV said:
    Just a few years ago 10c released Eddie's cover of Imagine as the A-side and then a few months later we got the B-side and the vinyl. I don't really see this as being much different.
    But that's not the part that's different. The tenclub single being the same as the album single is.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited March 2018
    JimmyV said:
    But that's not the part that's different. The tenclub single being the same as the album single is.
    this was covered/complained about 10 pages or so ago (and I agree with you). clearly you aren't here enough. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JimmyV said:
    this was covered/complained about 10 pages or so ago (and I agree with you). clearly you aren't here enough. :lol:
    Clearly

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • I see a lot of talk on here about Trump being unqualified. For discussion purposes, can someone tell me what made Obama qualified?