CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,664
    Cool, so we all agree that the song is pretty good and that Trump is a joke and Hilary was a great lawyer. I’m glad we could all finally put our differences aside so we could focus on the music. 
    Happy Monday everyone!!
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    OMG!! The amount of critics in this community is laughable! The song rocks! If you don’t think it does, keep it to yourself, don’t try to force it down anyone else’s throat, and write/recording a better song yourself! 

The “doesn’t sound like 10” crap was old 20 years ago!! Lol.
    So you want to deny those of us who don't think the song rocks a place to voice our opinion, on the fan club message board? That's like me saying that those of you that do like it shouldn't try to force it down anyone's else's throat. 

See how ridiculous that looks?

NYPJ
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    "Yeah, but, Hillary..." is the weakest reason for supporting Trump. You had other choices on that ballot. We all did. Your hatred of Hillary doesn't change what Trump is now and didn't change what you knew him to be then.

If you voted for Trump, you chose Trump.

If you chose Trump, you own Trump.

History is not going to be kind to those who enabled this President.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    JimmyV said:
    "Yeah, but, Hillary..." is the weakest reason for supporting Trump. You had other choices on that ballot. We all did. Your hatred of Hillary doesn't change what Trump is now and didn't change what you knew him to be then.

True but those who enabled this President go beyond just the people that voted for him. Hillary and the entire DNC are accountable. Liberals that have created this PC world that Trump supporters have rebelled against are accountable. Republican leaders that didn't take him seriously at the start of all this are accountable.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    JimmyV said:

True but those who enabled this President go beyond just the people that voted for him. Hillary and the entire DNC are accountable. Liberals that have created this PC world that Trump supporters have rebelled against are accountable. Republican leaders that didn't take him seriously at the start of all this are accountable.
    Democrats and liberals absolutely played a role in creating the environment in which Trump won. It's true and I harp on it all the time.

BUT...that will never, ever excuse someone for knowingly and willingly choosing to support Donald Trump.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    october22 said:
    It’s a protest song, not a camp fire sing along. It’s a delivery that expresses his frustration and anger with the racist biggot clown who stole and lied his way into the White House. It’s a great cadence for how pissed off we all are.
    Lol 

How pissed off we all are? I'm not pissed. Millions of us aren't pissed. I will say that it has been sweet, sweet music watching all of you leftist maniacs wear pink hats and scream and cry into the air over nothing. Fake social justice outrage is annoying but hilarious. What was that women's march about? A wage gap that doesn't exist? Or pussies or something? I still haven't gotten an explanation. You have to love a women's march for social justice organized in large part by a conservative Muslim lol

And what about Black Lives Matter? A movement that began under the proven-false "hands up, don't shoot" narrative that never actually happened. Or how about the violence of antifa? Why doesn't Pearl Jam write a song about the restricted speech on America's campuses?Because it's not trendy to speak the truth about all of this bullshit and call it out for what it is, that's why.

I've disagreed with Pearl Jam's politics for a long time, but I've always loved their music, including their political songs because the music and lyrics were great and they were actually about something real. It's sad to see them go from anti-war songs, personal songs about suicide or an actually case of police brutality, to generic social justice whining. Read the lyrics to CDM. It's a grown man bitching about nothing. It's pathetic and beneath the talents of this band. 
    my god. the last 8 years of the right pissing and moaning about the "muslim kenyan" has scrambled their fucking brains. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Democrats and liberals absolutely played a role in creating the environment in which Trump won. It's true and I harp on it all the time.

BUT...that will never, ever excuse someone for knowingly and willingly choosing to support Donald Trump.

I dunno. Many people were manipulated or bought into the crazy notion that he's a good businessman. If they can see their mistake now, I'm not going to hold it against them. It's the people that still think his presidency is good that are inexcusable.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Can’t Deny Me > Of the Earth 
    You are brave.
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

I dunno. Many people were manipulated or bought into the crazy notion that he's a good businessman. If they can see their mistake now, I'm not going to hold it against them. It's the people that still think his presidency is good that are inexcusable.
    How many times has he declared bankruptcy? He's not a good businessman and he never has been. No one gets to pretend now they got fooled then. They didn't. They chose to believe casting a ballot for a wildly unqualified candidate would have no repercussions. They were incredibly wrong, but just admitting their "mistake" now doesn't undo the damage they did with that vote.

I hope this song (and album?) lose some of the whiny fan base. kind of like No Code did with a lot of the casual fans in the 90’s. 

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

How many times has he declared bankruptcy? He's not a good businessman and he never has been. No one gets to pretend now they got fooled then. They didn't. They chose to believe casting a ballot for a wildly unqualified candidate would have no repercussions. They were incredibly wrong, but just admitting their "mistake" now doesn't undo the damage they did with that vote.

For many of those voters, there hasn't been any repercussions. Hell, for me there hasn't been any repercussions either. Other than complete embarrassment in our country.  

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • OC34NSOC34NS On The Beach... Posts: 17
    In the race for Illinois Governor JB Pritzker has spent 70 million dollars of his own money on his campaign to attain a job that pays $177,000.
    The existing Governor Bruce Rauner has spent 75 miilion...Thats 145 million dollars to get a job that pays $177,000!!! Our entire system is corrupt. Thats period! We stupid people keep arguing over which criminal is the most criminal. Which label we can put on someone to avoid real critical thinking. Democrat, liberal, Republican, conservative...blah fucking blah. CRIMINAL, ALL OF IT. Who elected which criminal? We all did and we will ALL keep doing it. Gross...
    When and where does it end?
    How many people can 145 million dollars house, feed, educate?
    We're losing our humanity.
    OC34NS said:
    In the race for Illinois Governor JB Pritzker has spent 70 million dollars of his own money on his campaign to attain a job that pays $177,000.
    The existing Governor Bruce Rauner has spent 75 miilion...Thats 145 million dollars to get a job that pays $177,000!!! Our entire system is corrupt. Thats period! We stupid people keep arguing over which criminal is the most criminal. Which label we can put on someone to avoid real critical thinking. Democrat, liberal, Republican, conservative...blah fucking blah. CRIMINAL, ALL OF IT. Who elected which criminal? We all did and we will ALL keep doing it. Gross...
    When and where does it end?
    How many people can 145 million dollars house, feed, educate?
    We're losing our humanity.
    This right here.

Now back to the song for thread integrity...
    when new PJ music is released, there are many certainties that exist:

a) some people will love it because it's PJ
    b) some people will hate it because it doesn't measure up to (insert favourite PJ album)
    c) some people will hate it because it's got political leanings and it doesn't allign with their beliefs and the band is therefore "whining"
    d) some people will love it because it's got political leanings and it alligns with their beliefs and the band is therefore "back in fine form"
    e) some people will like it/dislike it based on the merits of the song itself
    f) many folk from A through D will judge each other/the band based on their perceived biases for/against said new music

bottom line: this fan base is passionate, in many different ways. and that's a good thing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    a,d,e

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    JimmyV said:

I blame the early primary/caucus states that gave us Trump and Hillary. The candidates were pretty much set in stone by the time the primaries made their way to Illinois. It's a shame that we aren't allowed to participate in the process of choosing the candidates for the general election.
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

I blame the early primary/caucus states that gave us Trump and Hillary. The candidates were pretty much set in stone by the time the primaries made their way to Illinois. It's a shame that we aren't allowed to participate in the process of choosing the candidates for the general election.

This is one of many aspects of a totally broken system. I feel that the primaries should either all be on the same day, or do it like 10 states at time every two week or something. I have a friend who is a big Bush guy, and would have voted for Jeb...if Jeb was still around when the Pennsylvania primary came around.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I think it's bullshit that as an independent, I cannot vote in the primaries.

Can't deny me, motherfuckers!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

This is one of many aspects of a totally broken system. I feel that the primaries should either all be on the same day, or do it like 10 states at time every two week or something. I have a friend who is a big Bush guy, and would have voted for Jeb...if Jeb was still around when the Pennsylvania primary came around.
    Trump and Hillary were not the only two choices any of us had on election day.

• JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

5...4...3...2.....until this thread gets shut down.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

Sure, you had the choice to not vote at all. Or even worse, to vote for Stein or Johnson.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    JP218404 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm not trying to derail the thread. I hope it doesn't get shutdown. It shouldn't. Can't Deny Me is a political song. It is unrealistic to think people can or will talk about it without talking about politics.

JimmyV said:
    JP218404 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm not trying to derail the thread. I hope it doesn't get shutdown. It shouldn't. Can't Deny Me is a political song. It is unrealistic to think people can or will talk about it without talking about politics.
    Yeah and we're both being totally reasonable despite the fact that we're heading towards a debate about third-party candidates. But isn't it interesting that the very thought of two people talking politics has JP218404 worried that something is going to go off the rails?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,636
    If i wanted to discuss those two hypocrites and their election id go to Moving Train.  Leave this thread about the song and how you think the band should write. :lol:
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JimmyV said:
    JP218404 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

Yeah and we're both being totally reasonable despite the fact that we're heading towards a debate about third-party candidates. But isn't it interesting that the very thought of two people talking politics has JP218404 worried that something is going to go off the rails?
    have at it.  don't care at all.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    If this isn't meant to be political I don't know what is.

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

And none of those other choices were on the radar of actually being competitive in the race, thus they were irrelevant.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,664
    Did anyone hear Trumps statement on why the wall has to be so high and his observation on how a certain group of people can climb? I know 10 year olds with more intelligence. 
    Did anyone hear Trumps statement on why the wall has to be so high and his observation on how a certain group of people can climb? I know 10 year olds with more intelligence. 
    "like professional mountain climbers". he is the stupidest world leader there ever was. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2018

Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    JimmyV said:

And none of those other choices were on the radar of actually being competitive in the race, thus they were irrelevant.
    A vote for any other candidate, including writing in a choice of your own, was a better choice than voting for Donald Trump.