Options

*** Lollapalooza Pearl Jam night CANCELLED - Info about REFUNDS ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Edved007 said:
    A local show tomorrow is not possible due to the distance and time needed to get the gear to Rio and set up. Tonight would be the only shot at something, which just seems near impossible from a logistics standpoint. Very sad situation, but out of anyone's control.
    mpossible to make a sjhow today..only from safety matters,,no need to mentuoin the rest
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    Sucks for travelers but really, really sucks for the locals who can't travel the world for Pearl Jam.  
    you are definitely right - nothing more to say!
    cheers from Buenos Aires, I will be back
  • Options
    Ironically, the sky is cristal clear now in Buenos Aires. Please let this Sunday be over
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    Yes. It’s absolutely beautiful in Buenos Aires this afternoon. Perfect weather for a concert. 
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Yes. It’s absolutely beautiful in Buenos Aires this afternoon. Perfect weather for a concert. 
    The venue is flooded, that's why
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    the fact of partipate in a festival have this risks. if the band will have only one date in a country, dont take risks and doing the show in a appropiete place. sorry, but im so sad.
  • Options
    lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    edited March 2018
    Matt just posted this on Instagram. Really shows how bad the grounds were hit by the storm. 

Post edited by lukemil33 on
  • Options
    chris2391chris2391 Posts: 40
    edited March 2018
    I'm staying about 2 blocks from the Four Seasons in Buenos Aires and there are several hundred fans outside (been there all day), I guess waiting to catch a glimpse.  A little insane but as an outsider (USA) I love the passion :)
    Post edited by chris2391 on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited March 2018
    Pearl Jam is the uncontested, unluckiest band in the world in terms of weather issues and concerts

Wrigley 2013, Bonnaroo 2016, now this... I’m sure there have been others as well.  Just seems like every time they try to play an outdoors show, weather strikes 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Pearl Jam is the uncontested, unluckiest band in the world in terms of weather issues and concerts

Wrigley 2013, Bonnaroo 2016, now this... I’m sure there have been others as well.  Just seems like every time they try to play an outdoors show, weather strikes 
    2010 Indy was weather delayed.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771

Denmark.
    June 30, 2000.

I say no more.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

venice 2007..50 people injured,show canceled
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,154

I've seen them outside at:

1) Missoula '98
    2) Seattle II '98
    3) Gorge '05
    4) Gorge '06 x 2
    5) Calgary '09
    6) Pemberton '16
    7) Wrigley 2016 x2

The weather was perfect for all of them.   I think PJ play's outside so much it's bound to cause an issue here and there.

I saw AC/DC play through the thunderstorm once.  Those dudes are/were hard core.... One of my top shows for sure :)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Ive always had perfect weather for PJ.   I havent seen them 200 times tho
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Zod said:

I saw AC/DC play through the thunderstorm once.  Those dudes are/were hard core.... One of my top shows for sure :)
    So would you say you were Thunderstruck that night?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,536
    Bummer.
    I hope PJ's gear is okay. It looks like some of those equipment cases got caught out in the storm!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    My first PJ show would have been Cincinnati 2003, but Riverbend venue flooded because of constant rain that week, so it got cancelled.  Feel your pain.  Stay safe.  Peace.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,370
    I drove to New Orleans from New Jersey in 96...show was canceled.
    I ended up having the best time ive ever had in my life in a city, and to this day New Orleans is my favorite city.
    Try to enjoy your trip, the memories truly last a lifetime.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    RS65573 said:
    I ended up having the best time ive ever had in my life in a city, and to this day New Orleans is my favorite city.
    You cant go wrong.  When the Saints won the Superbowl and they showed news footage of Bourbon Street it looked like a regular crazy Sunday night. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,878
    RS65573 said:
    I don’t recall a New Orleans show in 96, you sure?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,370
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    Tab Gormley Stadium...looks like it was 95.
    https://www.nytimes.com/1995/06/27/arts/pearl-jam-cancels-its-troubled-tour.html
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,878
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    https://www.nytimes.com/1995/06/27/arts/pearl-jam-cancels-its-troubled-tour.html
    Oh man that debacle!  I figured you were thinking of the Salt Lake City show that was canceled due to weather. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    My first PJ show would have been Cincinnati 2003, but Riverbend venue flooded because of constant rain that week, so it got cancelled.  Feel your pain.  Stay safe.  Peace.
    At least that incredible poster still got out there! :plus_one: That is one of my fave PJ posters of all time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,154
    Poncier said:
    Zod said:

So would you say you were Thunderstruck that night?
    Absolutely.  What are the chances you get to see AC DC play thunderstruck during a thunder/lightning storm?  It was pretty epic.   I was actually surprised they played through it.   The lightning wasn't right over the venue, but it seemed to be in surrounding areas on all sides.  The rain was heavy during the whole show.   I've seen CFL games postpone for less, but everyone persevered.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    That was supposed to be my first PJ show. 
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    That was supposed to be my first PJ show. 

Still my favorite PJ show of all time. got my ass kicked in that pit during the Ramones set.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    FP259059FP259059 Posts: 5
    I´m not postting a lot in here, but I use to get a lot of info so Im allways read the forum.
    I´m only want to say about that night its that I think that PJ can´t come to Argentina an play in a Festival, less if its a shitty festival like Lollapalooza. They have to come all by themselves!!
    I´ve see them several times and the best shows are when they play themselves. This happen before when they came to another shitty festival back in the 2013, and its really suck.
    I'm angry because I spent the last money on the trip and I'm unemployed, I could not even see them play. In the trip of 700 km I broke the car, I had to arrive by bus, I had to pay for lodging, the entrance to the lollapalooza came out very expensive. I think it's not fair, because that festival is only to earn money, it's not about the music or the art or the bunch of lies they say, I sincerely expected more from a band like pearl jam, where we all know that they take decisions for those of us who are true fans of the band are happy with the deal.
    I apologize if I offended someone with my way of thinking or with my bad English, but I think I had to say it!
    I DO NOT WANT TO SEE MORE PJ IN A FESTIVAL !! PLEASE!!

• Options
    PJ wouldn't play festivals JUST for the money. I get the impression that 1) they like that it's a way to reach music fans who aren't familiar with them already, 2) they like to meet all the other artists there, hang with them, maybe get ideas off of them, etc, and 3) it sometimes even allows them to play places that they would not otherwise play because they don't feel like the market justifies their own show - they don't feel confident about ticket sales there, and/or 4) It is a cheaper and easier way to play a big, hyped up show for their fans.
    So I'm going to have to disagree with your overall assessment of festivals. I personally can't stand festivals and will likely never attend another one, but I still think it's good for the band to play one every once in a while for the reasons above.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Lollapalooza.com.ar has just announced how they are going to reimburse the tickets for the third day of the fest.

As of March 28th, reimbursement will be automatically granted to the credit or debit card you made the purchase for the tickets. AllAccess.com.ar will handle the reimbursments since it was the ticketing system.

The refunds will be for the full price of the ticket and also for the service charge. Those who paid for the 3-day pass will get 1/3 of the price of the ticket and 1/3 of the service charge.

Those who purchase the tickets in person will have to show up at the box office at La Rural, Av. Sarmiento 2704, C1425FGP, as of March 28th, from Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 7 pm, with the credit or debit card you made the purchase with, the wristband for the 3-day pass or 1-day pass, and the proof of purchase. 

https://www.lollapaloozaar.com/news/informacion-sobre-reembolso-de-tercer-jornada-de-lollapalooza/
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    FP259059FP259059 Posts: 5
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ wouldn't play festivals JUST for the money. I get the impression that 1) they like that it's a way to reach music fans who aren't familiar with them already, 2) they like to meet all the other artists there, hang with them, maybe get ideas off of them, etc, and 3) it sometimes even allows them to play places that they would not otherwise play because they don't feel like the market justifies their own show - they don't feel confident about ticket sales there, and/or 4) It is a cheaper and easier way to play a big, hyped up show for their fans.
    So I'm going to have to disagree with your overall assessment of festivals. I personally can't stand festivals and will likely never attend another one, but I still think it's good for the band to play one every once in a while for the reasons above.
    OK, im not saying Festivals around the world, im only saying festivals in Argentina. They can put 30k, 35k easily every night they play in here (the last solo night 07/11/15, they put 45k at least). I don´t  see the need to play in a festival with that kind of audience. Maybe it's not clear that i meant only in Argentina. I been in chile and brazil and feel the same, but I don´t know how chileans or brazilians felt about this.
    And I don´t saying that PJ its playing for money (of course they have earnings), I´m talking about what´s lolla became. A Festival for earn tons of money without care about the art nor the music. And I´m talking about the people behind the brand of "Lollapalooza".
    But again, I´ts just my opinion.