Options

*** Lollapalooza Pearl Jam night CANCELLED - Info about REFUNDS ***

javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
edited March 2018 in The Porch
Here's the official release from the promoter

https://www.lollapaloozaar.com/news/comunicado-oficial-el-tercer-dia-del-festival-se-cancela-por-severas-condiciones-climaticas/

Refunds

Lollapalooza.com.ar has just announced how they are going to reimburse the tickets for the third day of the fest.

As of March 28th, reimbursement will be automatically granted to the credit or debit card you made the purchase for the tickets. AllAccess.com.ar will handle the reimbursments since it was the ticketing system.

The refunds will be for the full price of the ticket and also for the service charge. Those who paid for the 3-day pass will get 1/3 of the price of the ticket and 1/3 of the service charge.

Those who purchase the tickets in person will have to show up at the box office at La Rural, Av. Sarmiento 2704, C1425FGP, as of March 28th, from Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 7 pm, with the credit or debit card you made the purchase with, the wristband for the 3-day pass or 1-day pass, and the proof of purchase. 

https://www.lollapaloozaar.com/news/informacion-sobre-reembolso-de-tercer-jornada-de-lollapalooza/
... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Post edited by javis el errante on

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Oh no!
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,807
    edited March 2018
    Baxter you know I don’t speak Spanish. 

Anyway knows what this says? I get the show is cancelled 
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options

Anyway knows what what this says? I get the show is cancelled 
    Google translated this for me.

"Due to severe weather conditions during the night, with heavy storms, lightning and wind gusts that are expected to continue throughout the day, it has been resolved, in compliance with instructions from government authorities, to cancel the third festival date. Those who have purchased tickets on the official site can visit the Lollapalooza Argentina application, the web www.lollapaloozaar.com and their social networks to obtain information about the reimbursement corresponding to the third date.
    "Being our absolute priority the safety of our public, artists and staff - as happened last Friday and Saturday - and as the government authorities indicated, in line with our policy of respect and care for our people, we are forced to have to take the regrettable decision to cancel the third day of the festival, "said Diego Finkelstein, founder of DF Entertainment, the promoter of Lollapalooza Argentina.Thank you very much for spreading!"

This article was posted on March 18, 2018

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920

Extreme weather. The venue is trashed and unsafe.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I STILL WANT MY POSTER!!!!!

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Extreme weather. The venue is trashed and unsafe.
    Thank you 
  • Options
    chris2391chris2391 Posts: 40
    I am here...being told by locals that it will be rescheduled for tomorrow.  But no official word yet. Crossing my fingers.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    We can move it to the DirecTV Arena, is not far... 15 k peeps inside, the rest can listen to it outside since you didn't care to rush...

Baxter: Y U NO SPEAKING IN SPANISH?

And I still want my poster!!!!!!
    Post edited by javis el errante on

• Options
    chris2391 said:
    I am here...being told by locals that it will be rescheduled for tomorrow.  But no official word yet. Crossing my fingers.
    The official word is cancelled and being reimbursed for your ticket. No way they go back on that and have a show tomorrow.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    chris2391 said:
    The official word is cancelled and being reimbursed for your ticket. No way they go back on that and have a show tomorrow.
    Yeah, I agree.  I'm guessing PJ hasn't made an announcement because they're looking into possible backup plans. 
  • Options
    chris2391 said:
    PJNB said:
    chris2391 said:
    Yeah, I agree.  I'm guessing PJ hasn't made an announcement because they're looking into possible backup plans. 
    It is a long shot and doubt it will happen. Hope they are able to pull something off for you guys but logistically it would be a nightmare to organize. 
  • Options
    Sorry for the peolple who came from all over the globle, many only for this show, I don't see any rescheduled thing, since the promoter already state how to get your refund...

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ImI' so sorry  for amigos there
    IIknowI ItheI feeligfe  same as 2007 venice.. When stage  collapco 3 hours before pearl jam go on stage  atleaat   all area safe  today.. In italy was a mess..so sorry guys
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    chris2391 said:
    PJNB said:
    chris2391 said:
    It is a long shot and doubt it will happen. Hope they are able to pull something off for you guys but logistically it would be a nightmare to organize. 
    Yep, agreed again but I am crossing my fingers :)
  • Options
    The official PJ tweeter account retweeted the lolla tweet about the cancellation

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    Promoter has cancelled and is offering refunds. Pearl Jam's official Twitter has retweeted the announcement. I don't think a show somewhere else tomorrow is realistic.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    The official PJ tweeter account retweeted the lolla tweet about the cancellation
    Shitty. 

They are selling the poster tomorrow on the Ames site. Let me know if you need a hand getting one. I won't be trying for myself. 

https://mailchi.mp/amesbros/pearl-jam-buenos-aires-poster-available-tomorrow-at-10am
  • Options
    lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    Sorry to all you guys. Hope they can make it up to you somehow.
  • Options
    chris2391 said:
    PJNB said:
    chris2391 said:
    PJNB said:
    chris2391 said:
    Yep, agreed again but I am crossing my fingers :)
    me too, I refuse to believe this is it ...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,519
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    This gives a new meaning to the phrase "water on the road"...

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited March 2018
    JimmyV said:
    Promoter has cancelled and is offering refunds. Pearl Jam's official Twitter has retweeted the announcement. I don't think a show somewhere else tomorrow is realistic.
    They need to  transfer gear and all stuff travels tomorrow so build maracana stage
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sorry for the people who came from all over the globle, many only for this show, I don't see any rescheduled thing, since the promoter already state how to get your refund, and what Dimi said...

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Sucks for travelers but really, really sucks for the locals who can't travel the world for Pearl Jam.  
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    They need to  transfer gear and all stuff travels tomorrow so build maracana stage
    right, so let´s do this now, name a place!
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Cancelado. Que tristeza.

Yes, cancelled. Major let down, but beyond Pearl Jam's control. 
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    Came to Buenos Aires from Texas for this Pearl Jam show and all I got was this stinking poster...oh wait. I don’t even have that. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,841

D'oh! That sucks. 

• Options
    demetrios said:

D'oh! That sucks. 

Still don´t understand the 1,052 hearts below the tweet, what´s that mean?
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,020
    A local show tomorrow is not possible due to the distance and time needed to get the gear to Rio and set up. Tonight would be the only shot at something, which just seems near impossible from a logistics standpoint. Very sad situation, but out of anyone's control.
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22