The Pizza Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I caught some of that Netflix show earlier and while the first pizza shown was WOW, the sushi one?  Nope.

But, I like how it's all presented.  And you can't go wrong with a true foodie, even if tastes differ.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    So my girlfriend lives at Penn State and is graduating in a couple of months, she already has a job lined up for when she graduates and I’ll probably join her there next year when I graduate. Overall State College has much better food options than my hometown, with one major glaring exception, PIZZA!!! There’s seriously like 70 or 80 pizza places and they’re all mediocre at best.

HOWEVER I think we may have found the diamond in the rough this week. I did some research on yelp and finally found a place with great reviews, a tiny little shop called Margarita’s Pizzeria, despite its name, they actually make NY style and it is pretty damn good! We will definitely be frequenting this place for the next few years. 
    I love the flecks of herbs in the cheese.  Crust looks good too.  Switch out the pepperoni for 'shrooms, and I'm in!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Looks good RiotZact!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    RiotZact said:
    So my girlfriend lives at Penn State and is graduating in a couple of months, she already has a job lined up for when she graduates and I’ll probably join her there next year when I graduate. Overall State College has much better food options than my hometown, with one major glaring exception, PIZZA!!! There’s seriously like 70 or 80 pizza places and they’re all mediocre at best.

HOWEVER I think we may have found the diamond in the rough this week. I did some research on yelp and finally found a place with great reviews, a tiny little shop called Margarita’s Pizzeria, despite its name, they actually make NY style and it is pretty damn good! We will definitely be frequenting this place for the next few years. 
    I have been there I can second this motion!
    My favorite pizza place is under new ownership, they are keeping all of the old recipes (thank Christ!) but also introducing some new ones. This buffalo chicken pizza is one of the new ones, I got one today and it’s pretty good! I’m not usually a big fan of buffalo chicken pizza either. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Man I have really been craving greek style pizza.  Cant get it around here.  Park Lane Pizza in West Hartford, CT has the best!

Not bad for a $4.99 frozen pizza. Kale, bacon, & ricotta. 

• Not bad for a $4.99 frozen pizza. Kale, bacon, & ricotta. 
    I guess... if you're down, out, and desperate that is.

A real toss up this one. I think it's in the same league as Scruffy's burnt pizzas.

I could be wrong though.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Mike's "burnt" pizzas are awesome.

I'll go on record again as stating that frozen pizza has a role in the world of pizza and food

Booze
    Fun
    Frozen pizza
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Dyer....in about an hour I would totally fuck that pizza up!

A real toss up this one. I think it's in the same league as Scruffy's burnt pizzas.

I could be wrong though.
    I m never going to live that down.  
    edited March 2018
    The charred crust is a thing of beauty
    Burnt = no good.
    There is a difference.  
    The charred crust is a thing of beauty
    Burnt = no good.
    There is a difference.  
    I swear on my kids it wasn’t burnt! Lol. Damn Canadians have no clue what pizza is. 
  • mcgruff10 said:

I could be wrong though.
    I m never going to live that down.  

lol

The reality has set in.

Hey... it's not as if you haven't presented us with a few beauties. You get a C+ for this semester.
  • Mike's "burnt" pizzas are awesome.

I'll go on record again as stating that frozen pizza has a role in the world of pizza and food

Booze
    Fun
    Frozen pizza

You are correct. There are times when a frozen pizza is the equivalent of homemade cannelloni with garlic toast.
    Dyer....in about an hour I would totally fuck that pizza up!
    Real toppings and lots of em. It was pretty damn good!
    Every pizza has its context, that’s the beauty of it. It can be the cheapest, lowest quality frozen garbage you’ve ever eaten, yet still hit the spot in the right context. All the while it can be the greatest, most beautifully made thing you’ve ever eaten, better than any 5-Star snob restaurant. 

.............unless it’s burnt, there is no place in this world for burnt pie *shakes head at Gruff*
    RiotZact said:
    Every pizza has its context, that’s the beauty of it. It can be the cheapest, lowest quality frozen garbage you’ve ever eaten, yet still hit the spot in the right context. All the while it can be the greatest, most beautifully made thing you’ve ever eaten, better than any 5-Star snob restaurant. 

.............unless it’s burnt, there is no place in this world for burnt pie *shakes head at Gruff*
    I love this post.

(sorry, Gruff!)
    hedonist said:
    RiotZact said:

I love this post.

(sorry, Gruff!)
    I hate all of you. ;)
  • RiotZact said:

Correct.

And we might have to ease off Scruffy for a while. He's really trying in this thread, but he just doesn't really know what a great pizza is. He's got pedigree and looks the part (he really talks the talk), but... I mean... the guy would think a turd on a crusty pita shell is an awesome pizza.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RiotZact said:

Correct.

And we might have to ease off Scruffy for a while. He's really trying in this thread, but he just doesn't really know what a great pizza is. He's got pedigree and looks the part (he really talks the talk), but... I mean... the guy would think a turd on a crusty pita shell is an awesome pizza.
    You’re right. We should really take it easy on that dumbass. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    RiotZact said:

Correct.

Lol I feel like a fraud because I don’t think I was even a participant in this thread when that “burnt” pizza was posted, but I couldn’t resist. 

Also, to reiterate my point about pizza from earlier, here is a great quote from my wise uncle:

“Pizzas are like blowjobs, some are better than others, but you’ve never had one that was bad.” 

In this analogy burnt pizza would be comparable to braces. 
    I love BJs but there is such a thing as a bad one.
    Wish that was not something I knew!

(And the pizza y'all are saying was burnt as not)
    I m About to open a wicked box of ellios and tombstone pizza.  Anybody want to come over? I have nice cold Zimas in the beer fridge. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Oh yeah?
    mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Oh yeah?
    Suck it del. You know I don’t even think I took that pizza but whatever, it was good as hell. Go eat your pizza pizza. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Oh yeah?
    Suck it del. You know I don’t even think I took that pizza but whatever, it was good as hell. Go eat your pizza pizza. 
    Lol

I think I'm changing your mark from a C+ to a C.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Oh yeah?
    Lol

I think I'm changing your mark from a C+ to a C.
    If I get a C what grade are you giving the virgina head coach after yesterday's debacle?
    It is a pretty stellar looking pie if you would just turn that black into a dark brown........but you can’t.