1235»

Comments

• Options
    lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    21. RVM
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    This one I'd like to hear on Sunday

on an unrelated not, RHCP - after the encore break jam starts with something like Buick Mackane by T-Rex but not exactly the same and they kick off with a song from the getaway album whose title I don't recall
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options

I'll save everyone some time...

Black
    Alive
    Baba/RITFW
    Ledbetter

Goodnight.
    RVM wasn't there, glad they added it :P

• Options
    22. ALIVE
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    OMG they're not playing Black? OMG that's new!

on an unrelated not, RHCP - give it away (probably the last one of the evening)
    Post edited by javis el errante on

• Options
    23. RITFW
  • Options
    lukemil33 said:
    23. RITFW
    hope we're getting fuckin' up on sunday...

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    lukemil33 said:
    23. RITFW
    Hope you get a kick ass set list!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Fireworks just shot off at the peak of the song.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    lukemil33 said:
    Fireworks just shot off at the peak of the song.
    yeah that would have been cool to witness.  My phone was laying sideways and the picture had rotated I couldnt figure out what was going on at first.  Looked like the fireworks were shooting into the crowd!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    24. YLB
  • Options
    lukemil33 said:
    23. RITFW
    I think Ed thanked Miguel, dunno who he is...

as said before, i think this one is a kicking as setlist, of course it's greatest hits and sub par, but kick ass all the same, one can't get tired of Even Flow, DTE, RITFW, Alive, Corduroy, Lukin, Porch, Solat, Why Go, and Nothing Man + Lukin are the ones off. I believe we are getting half of these ones on sunday, we might not get daughter or rvm as in 2013, definitely no baba and indiference as in 2015, but I totally welcome them back, hope Buru (Marina) get Light years, my pj fam from Buenos Aires (none of them tenclubbers) want wash as openning, and for all the Buenos Aires attendants I hope PJ don't scratch out Present Tense for a third time in a row from the setlist, I got my holy grail on 2015 upon my request so I'm thankful and won't request anything else...

• Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    This is a sub-par setlist 
    to real hard core fans like us, yes it is indeed...

Yup
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,538
    lukemil33 said:
    23. RITFW

as said before, i think this one is a kicking as setlist, of course it's greatest hits and sub par, but kick ass all the same, one can't get tired of Even Flow, DTE, RITFW, Alive, Corduroy, Lukin, Porch, Solat, Why Go, and Nothing Man + Lukin are the ones off. I believe we are getting half of these ones on sunday, we might not get daughter or rvm as in 2013, definitely no baba and indiference as in 2015, but I totally welcome them back, hope Buru (Marina) get Light years, my pj fam from Buenos Aires (none of them tenclubbers) want wash as openning, and for all the Buenos Aires attendants I hope PJ don't scratch out Present Tense for a third time in a row from the setlist, I got my holy grail on 2015 upon my request so I'm thankful and won't request anything else...
    What was your grail?
  • Options
    That's all! Band offstage 11:52. 
  • Options
    Ed said that tonight he is going to drink lots of piscolas (pisco + coca cola) and he is going to become a piscolero...

by the way, RHCP ended their show with give it away

• Options
    Band sounded great! Would've preferred some deep cuts but hey a greatest hits show from PJ is still better than 95% of other bands so I can't complain. See you guys Sunday!
  • Options
    great thread peeps, always loved the setlist thread...

I could relay on sunday if someone is in charge of the thread, figure it out among yourselves and send a pm to me...

• Options
    lukemil33 said:
    23. RITFW

What was your grail?
    red mosquito

• Options

I Am Mine was crossed for Even Flow
  • Options
    lukemil33 said:

I Am Mine was crossed for Even Flow
    good call imo

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    Greatest hits set for sure. I’m sure it was a great show but man that first encore is rough for me. Some of my least favorite PJ in there. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    edited March 2018
    I would tend to agree.  The energy at South America shows is off the charts so I imagine the show was amazing.  I imagine they were expecting a big crowd of casual fans so they didn't dig too deep into the catalog.    I'm sure I would of loved the show, but the setlist really is mostly comprised of the songs they play the most live.. lol.   Awesome songs if you haven't seen PJ play live to many times, but not a lot in there for fans who have seen them play many times.  

The last two festival shows I've seen (Pemberton '16 and Virgin Festival in Calgary '09) had pretty awesome setlists, that mixed hits, with some well known non hits, and some deep cuts.     I wonder why they wouldn't choose such a formula for lolla. 
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I would tend to agree.  The energy at South America shows is off the charts so I imagine the show was amazing.  I imagine they were expecting a big crowd of casual fans so they didn't dig too deep into the catalog.    I'm sure I would of loved the show, but the setlist really is mostly comprised of the songs they play the most live.. lol.   Awesome songs if you haven't seen PJ play live to many times, but not a lot in there for fans who have seen them play many times.  

The last two festival shows I've seen (Pemberton '16 and Virgin Festival in Calgary '09) had pretty awesome setlists, that mixed hits, with some well known non hits, and some deep cuts.     I wonder why they wouldn't choose such a formula for lolla. 
    I think they picked a greatest hits setlist because not only the fest but also due to the fact they started touring Latín América in 2005, and they took 6 years to come back (the shows in México in 2003 were close to home), so since they toured North América almost every year, and Europe and Australia every two years tops, including Asia in the early years, fans had enough time to get used to the songs and got plenty of shows, besides fans in US, Canada and Europe find it easier to travel to cities or countries to attend shows. Another issue is the language barrier, although no English speaking artist could imagine that Latin America audiences don't care about the language barrier, hence artists are blown away by the fact the fans sing along the songs in a language is not their own, no matter how good or bad they pronounce the words, and as you said, not all fans in Latin America had the chance to go to the shows in their own city, let alone, going abroad. Many friends of mine are huge fans, but not hard core, and they couldn't care going to La Plata, even though it's only 50 Km (or 30 miles) away from Buenos Aires downtown.