***The Official Stone Temple Pilots Thread***

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    LukinFan said:
    does anyone have those AOA bonus tracks? i had them all before my pc crashed. 

B-sides

1. "Good Time to Loosen" (iTunes exclusive)
    2. "Used to Know Her" (iTunes exclusive)

Bonus tracks

1. "Ain't Enough (Acoustic)" (Target exclusive)
    2. "It Doesn't Seem to Matter (Acoustic)" (Best Buy exclusive)
    Which session are these from? Just something they did for iTunes and Target?
    I believe the same sessions, just b sides and different versions for different releases. The target bonus tracks were not on any disc. There was a code that came with the discs sold at target where you could download those two tracks. The two itunes bonus tracks were on itunes for a while, but now they are gone. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    LukinFan said:

B-sides

Bonus tracks

I believe the same sessions, just b sides and different versions for different releases. The target bonus tracks were not on any disc. There was a code that came with the discs sold at target where you could download those two tracks. The two itunes bonus tracks were on itunes for a while, but now they are gone. 
    Cool. All tracks with Scott I'm assuming?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:
    LukinFan said:

B-sides

Bonus tracks

Scott? No, Army of Anyone was Richard Patrick (Filter) on vocals, the deleo brothers, and Ray Luzier on drums. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

LukinFan said:
    LukinFan said:

B-sides

Bonus tracks

Scott? No, Army of Anyone was Richard Patrick (Filter) on vocals, the deleo brothers, and Ray Luzier on drums. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    LukinFan said:
    LukinFan said:

B-sides

Bonus tracks

By bad. I like them too, but haven't listened to them in awhile.  Thanks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Just thought I'd leave this incredible performance here :) 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYGSYZxt0e4
  • Really excited for the new record, I'm digging all three of the new songs they've released.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Just thought I'd leave this incredible performance here :) 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYGSYZxt0e4
    TRL, hahaha! Forever tied to my College years. I remember watching this live in my dorm room. I loved this song.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Back when MTV played music rather than shows about teenage parents.....  But yeah, I love that song, so many layers in the music, it might just be my favourite STP song.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-jqMrlIZ4A more new STP, only a week to go until the album drops
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Saw them last night at a taping for Audience Music. I was pretty impressed. Jeff can really sing and did the songs justice. From the new ones, I really liked "Roll Me Under."
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-jqMrlIZ4A more new STP, only a week to go until the album drops
    Holy hell the audio compression on that upload is dog shit.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I had no idea that there was a new record about to come. I saw the video of them playing with Wayne Kramer & Johnny Depp just earlier today. The most recent thing that I listened to from them was High Rise. The guys have been down a really rough road the last couple of years.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    Mike D88 said:
    Holy hell the audio compression on that upload is dog shit.
    Yeah it aint great on that video, it sounds better on Spotify.  The verses on this remind me of Roadhouse Blues....
    new album out today. 

why they made it self titled, which they did with their last one with Scott, is beyond me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2018
    if anyone in the US buys this album at Best Buy and you get the two bonus tracks, Already Gone and Forget Forever. please be kind and share. It sucks when these things are regional. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    Been listening to this album all day at work on Spotify. I really like it. I don't really listen to much new music anymore other than Pearl Jam or a band or two from the old days, but this is really good in my opinion. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    I'm really pleasantly surprised, after a couple of listens I think it's a really solid effort.  Jeff Gutt definitely holds his own as a vocalist, there's enough Weiland in there that it still sounds like STP, but he has enough of his own style to keep it authentic.  
    I'm really pleasantly surprised, after a couple of listens I think it's a really solid effort.  Jeff Gutt definitely holds his own as a vocalist, there's enough Weiland in there that it still sounds like STP, but he has enough of his own style to keep it authentic.  
    yeah, I find that too. I also find some similarities to Chester on a few tracks. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

yeah, I find that too. I also find some similarities to Chester on a few tracks. 
    I'll be honest, I never really gave the Chester fronted songs a go, I didn't really enjoy his performances on the back catalog, his voice was just a bit too high and whiny for me.  But I gave a couple of tunes from High Rise a listen the other day, and they weren't bad by any stretch.

It's very hard to really compare any new material to their first few records.  What elevates a record from a good record to a classic record, for me, isn't just a bunch of great songs on a record - many bands have done that - it's that indescribable vibe that runs through the whole thing. Purple and Tiny music would be the best examples for STP, I think.  Even though there's a lot of variety in the styles of the songs, they just seem to fit together perfectly.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I just love the tempo.  I miss that from PJ
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    i'll have to give it a listen when i get it
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Caught them live on Monday night. Heard some Bruce Dickinson mixed in there, too. They only played the first two singles from the album. I wonder if that will change now that the album is officially out.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    I honestly think STP without Scott will always be the same stranded sound stuck in a time warp. The DeLeo brothers are the ones who have always created the music, which is excellent, Scotts voice and lyrics, persona, etc, made it great. Talk Show, Chester, it was decent and had a couple good ones. I like a few off this new one, and it's a fresh new start. It's just going to take some time to let it all settle in that this is the new STP. It's cool these three guys are still making music after all these years (which really wasn't their fault shit fell apart) and took the time to find a singer that fits. 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    After 2nd listen I'm really liking this....great album
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I'll be honest, I never really gave the Chester fronted songs a go, I didn't really enjoy his performances on the back catalog, his voice was just a bit too high and whiny for me.  But I gave a couple of tunes from High Rise a listen the other day, and they weren't bad by any stretch.

It's very hard to really compare any new material to their first few records.  What elevates a record from a good record to a classic record, for me, isn't just a bunch of great songs on a record - many bands have done that - it's that indescribable vibe that runs through the whole thing. Purple and Tiny music would be the best examples for STP, I think.  Even though there's a lot of variety in the styles of the songs, they just seem to fit together perfectly.  
    it's odd how I didn't like CheSTP when I first got it. Even gave it a few listens, but I was never a fan of his voice. But since he died, it has started to grow on me. Not sure why. kinda weird, to be honest. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    Half a dozen listens and it's a really solid effort in my book. Nothing mind blowing, but good stuff. I think it was a little safe musically but they wanted to make a statement that they were back and I'm expecting the next disc to venture out a bit more creatively. Bonus tracks are alright. I wouldn't hesitate to see a show. Jeff has a good fit. After reading some of the previous comments, maybe I should give the CheSTP EP another listen.
    I am wired and fading...
    yeah, the bonus tracks give credence to the 'there's a reason they were left off the album' argument, but not terrible. just nothing special. but dig the album. probably like it better than their last self titled album with weiland. i felt that one was REALLY safe. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I was hesitant to listen, given my opinion on the STP moniker, but I'll give credit where credit is due. It's a damn fine album.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    They just announced a package tour with STP, Bush & The Cult.   For the L.A. area, they are doing a 30,000 seat outdoor venue located about 40 miles east of downtown L.A.      A bit ambitious, IMHO.