Options

Pearl Jam Chile poster by Brad Klausen on sale @ the 10club store

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Look forward to seeing this one in person.  My house is sorta a Brad Klausen Pearl Jam art gallery, hope we can get more from this tour
    :lol:

between us both; we should open up the South Jersey version of the BK fan club and appreciation gallery "From a basement in Seattle to the hallways of South Jersey..."
    No kidding!  I still need to hang a handful.  My bride told me the other day she wants to buy this piece of art (very intricate, hand made, wood carving) that costs thousands of dollars.  I objected and she told me that with all of the money I have spent on posters I really dont have a voice in the decision.  :lol:

out of all the ones of BK's i have in the hallway, the one that creates the most thought and discussion is the Judge print. Just amazing in detail and provocation of debate and discussion
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    Look forward to seeing this one in person.  My house is sorta a Brad Klausen Pearl Jam art gallery, hope we can get more from this tour

between us both; we should open up the South Jersey version of the BK fan club and appreciation gallery "From a basement in Seattle to the hallways of South Jersey..."
    No kidding!  I still need to hang a handful.  My bride told me the other day she wants to buy this piece of art (very intricate, hand made, wood carving) that costs thousands of dollars.  I objected and she told me that with all of the money I have spent on posters I really dont have a voice in the decision.  :lol:

out of all the ones of BK's i have in the hallway, the one that creates the most thought and discussion is the Judge print. Just amazing in detail and provocation of debate and discussion
    you have the judge print hanging on the wall... that is awesome! Still really bummed I never finished the set... the jury and executioner were gonna be really fun to make. The judge print was however me at my most ambitious... think it was like 18 colors and then Steve at D&L was like I can combine some of the grays and made it like 14 or 15 colors... cannot remember, but that piece was a beast to make... all the black rope hell art print ideas I had that would have been in line with the judge, jury and executioner series I was really stoked on, I think I had like 10 - 12 other print ideas and some vinyl toy ideas... a whole gallery show worth of ideas... 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    That is indeed an amazing print
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited March 2018

you have the judge print hanging on the wall... that is awesome! Still really bummed I never finished the set... the jury and executioner were gonna be really fun to make. The judge print was however me at my most ambitious... think it was like 18 colors and then Steve at D&L was like I can combine some of the grays and made it like 14 or 15 colors... cannot remember, but that piece was a beast to make... all the black rope hell art print ideas I had that would have been in line with the judge, jury and executioner series I was really stoked on, I think I had like 10 - 12 other print ideas and some vinyl toy ideas... a whole gallery show worth of ideas... 
    of course I do :)  Absolutely love it.  People that don't know me such as my wife's clients ask me about it all the time (along with the Reaper and Showbox) about it and confuse how I can be so anti-war but so pro US Service Members and it brings up a great opportunity to explain how I can be both...Also: Put the words "Pearl" and "Jam" on it and it becomes a top 5 PJ poster ever.  
  • Options

of course I do :)  Absolutely love it.  People that don't know me such as my wife's clients ask me about it all the time (along with the Reaper and Showbox) about it and confuse how I can be so anti-war but so pro US Service Members and it brings up a great opportunity to explain how I can be both...Also: Put the words "Pearl" and "Jam" on it and it becomes a top 5 PJ poster ever.  
    I was contacted by a professor at West Point, he was asking if I had any reapers left... he wanted to hang it in his office and he said something along the lines that he likes to reminds his students of the seriousness and consequences of what they are involved in...that was amazing to me, so I dug through the flat files and found a mildly dinged one and sent it to him for free. The fact that that PJ DC print is hanging in the office of a West Point professor is one of the most unbelievable moments to me in all the fun and amazing things that happen through getting to make PJ posters. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Is that your favorite?

My most beloved one is the Made In America Variant.
    I know there are others I like the look of better but there is just something about that 'dollar bill' one that I still love to stop and study at least once a week 
  • Options

I was contacted by a professor at West Point, he was asking if I had any reapers left... he wanted to hang it in his office and he said something along the lines that he likes to reminds his students of the seriousness and consequences of what they are involved in...that was amazing to me, so I dug through the flat files and found a mildly dinged one and sent it to him for free. The fact that that PJ DC print is hanging in the office of a West Point professor is one of the most unbelievable moments to me in all the fun and amazing things that happen through getting to make PJ posters. 
    That is crazy
  • Options

that's brilliant and amazing; thank you for sharing.  Hopefully it teaches and inspires future service members and others to remember that no one ever wins a war. ever
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    that's brilliant and amazing; thank you for sharing.  Hopefully it teaches and inspires future service members and others to remember that no one ever wins a war. ever
    Amen brother
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

I know there are others I like the look of better but there is just something about that 'dollar bill' one that I still love to stop and study at least once a week 
    one of my favorite messages.... however I do not think it phased any of the criminals at the fed or the cfr
  • Options

that was your 7,777th post.... 7s!!!! 
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

one of my favorite messages.... however I do not think it phased any of the criminals at the fed or the cfr
    Sadly, no
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

the philly poster that is... one of my favorite messages
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

the philly poster that is... one of my favorite messages
    Yep, followed that and that makes it cooler now!  ;)
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

Sadly, no
    but go figure, a rock poster did not change things... but these pieces of paper are all I got!  Hence the whole artillery name... these are my weapons... so far have not made a dent though... like the 3 little pigs I built my artillery out of paper which is no match for the big bad wolves
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

Sadly, no
    but go figure, a rock poster did not change things... but these pieces of paper are all I got!  Hence the whole artillery name... these are my weapons... so far have not made a dent though... like the 3 little pigs I built my artillery out of paper which is no match for the big bad wolves
    We have to fight how we can. FWIW, I know many of here love them and are impacted.
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

Sadly, no
    We have to fight how we can. FWIW, I know many of here love them and are impacted.
    your namesake was my first pj show ever.... indio will live in infamy! 

(i did walk out with both my shoes on) 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Is that your favorite?

Sadly, no

And hence all of your teeth.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Is that your favorite?

Sadly, no

Was my 2nd.  Was such a great time but the vibe was SO different than my first show just days before up in Berkeley. 
    I have that poster framed on a wall as well.  Don't even like it that much but it is up, with my ticket.  (It sort of looks like an unmentionable area)

I do have this poster also hung to represent the Indio show - I think this one is pretty cool.

• Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    ebay listings before the sale has ever happened is a new one... if anyone wants to contact that person and try and figure out what city they live in or their name, I will be happy to cancel their order if they make a purchase today
    @bradklausen
    Great work #7 as always on the thought process towards it's meaning. Any thought on putting it on foil too?  Or was that never considered?  just curious. Good luck with the sale and hoping to see what else you have in store
    foil would have been cool for the silver of the jewelry... unfortunately in the past, even when they allow the artists a one color variant, they dont allow use of foil as the one color variant... something along the lines of if one artist gets to do a foil, they will have to allow all of them to... so they do it to be fair... even if you have a design that would be perfect for foil, when they allow variants you can only change a color and not the paper
    Unless you're Sperry and you decide to do a foil after the fact anyway!

I wonder what the bands management did about that one :confused:
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    Yeah, Brad, keep up the good work.  Missed out today, but I'll get the next one. Love your work.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    If you missed out, it appears to be up again
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    If you missed out, it appears to be up again
    Ebay flipper caught :lol:
  • Options
    Nah. Didn’t even pick one up for myself. Just trying to help some people out 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    flippers gonna flip...

one already on ebay...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Sorry I did not direct that your way. Brad K said that if anyone knew who had the poster up on Ebay already that he would cancel it. I was just referring to that since there were more posters available. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Sorry I did not direct that your way. Brad K said that if anyone knew who had the poster up on Ebay already that he would cancel it. I was just referring to that since there were more posters available. 
    Oh! I get what you mean now lol
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Ahhhhhh, I caved. Just can't say no to a Klausen.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    wow...still not sold out
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017