CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I’m about to put yall in a home
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    KW6232 said:
    $40 for the fanclub is nothing. Break it down. 
    $10 bootleg code. 
    $10 vinyl single. ( then add shipping). 
    Tshirt or other gift. $10-15. ( then add shipping.)
    chance to purchase exclusive Pearl Jam merchandise. 
    Chance for tickets. 
    If you break it all down it's not that much. 

I'm going to complain that the bootleg codes expire....boo
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    "Hey, did you hear a new album is coming?"

"Yeah."

"And the tour starts tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what do you think?"

"I'm disappointed by the A-side of the new holiday single."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    This whole ordeal is embarrassing and a lazy way to fulfill obligations.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
    The song does not sound how you want it to, I get that.  But for fucks sake I’m sick of the “lazy” comments.  Writing any song is not easy and especially one that pushes you out of the box you’ve been in for the last 10 years.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Ordeal? :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited March 2018
    This thread is like reading through the 5 stages of grief, only replace grief with Pearl Jam. Looks like we might be moving on to stage 5 :lol:
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I listened to me it sounds like they are trying to hard it doesn't sound natural to me it sounds forced ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited March 2018
    Anyone who was around back then... was it like this when no code came out?... minus the inter webs obviously 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    I listened to me it sounds like they are trying to hard it doesn't sound natural to me it sounds forced ..
    This is what I thought of Do The Evolution when i heard it on Yield. I was indifferent to it, but i thought it sounded forced.

Then I heard it live.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Anyone who was around back then... was it like this when no code came out?... minus the inter webs obviously 
    Nah back then the band could of just repeated the same song over & over again and we would of eaten that crap up ..
    back then the 1st single would of been released to radio stations to debut ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Nah back then the band could of just repeated the same song over & over again and we would of eaten that crap up ..
    back then the 1st single would of been released to radio stations to debut ..
    We would have eaten it up because the music was really amazing....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I had friends who stopped being pearl jam fans when "Who You Are" was released. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Ha, yeah, well, there's no accounting for taste obviously. But still.... objectively, what they're doing now isn't on the same level as what they were doing in the 90s or early 2000s. I mean, come on. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Ha, yeah, well, there's no accounting for taste obviously. But still.... objectively, what they're doing now isn't on the same level as what they were doing in the 90s or early 2000s. I mean, come on. 
    Late 90s, no. I agree there.

But I like Lightning Bolt better than Backspacer, Avocado and Riot Act.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Then again....im just older, too. I dont find much music today inspiring. The innocence of youth, finding stuff to relate to, etc. We are all different people now. 

Who knows. Its tough to tell what i would have, and would not have clung to, given if i was a different age or stage in life.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please everyone, let's be nice and respectful. Thank you
  • JM101639JM101639 Posts: 31
    Have given it several listens.  I do not like it. Definitely seems forced. Not feelin it at all.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    Is there a FLAC version for sale anywhere other than Tidal? Hasn't popped up on 7digital yet (although they're sometimes a little slow) and I'd rather not drop close to $5 for a single song
    I am wired and fading...
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Let's relax for a moment.   We pay 40 bucks a year.  For a music band's fan club.  This is not a Country Club Membership.  This isn't season tickets to a sporting event.  It's literally 40 bucks a year.   Its the right to purchase tickets ahead of the crowd, a record, and a special gift.  I mean, Pearl Jam isn't going to go into the studio to record stuff exclusively for 10c fans every year.  Sometimes, its a cool bootleg.  Sometimes, its a cover song.  Sometimes, its some ranting and raving, etc. This time, its the first single off the new album, on record, along with an unnamed b-side.  

We just got news that not only did they drop a song unexpectedly, they also have a forthcoming album, and are starting their tour tonight. This also likely means that more shows will be on the way (Late this year, early next year) in support of the album. 

I get it, some people like the song, some don't.  It's totally ok to not like it, or whatever.  But the amount of whining is getting out of control.  

It's not like 10C members are the only ones that get to hear the 10C songs.   Lost Dogs was a release of a bunch of songs, some of which were previously 10C only.  Besides that...they are REALLY painfully easy to find on the internet. 

I think we can all make comments without being told to relax. I am quite relaxed. I just find some of this bands/management's practices, when it comes to their fan club, a little puzzling. I mean, it says right in the ten club member bio thing that the single is exclusive to fan club members. 

is it a massive deal? no. but all these little deals keep adding up. 
    Maybe the term "lets stop for a second" would have been better than relax.  
    whichever term/phrase you wish to use, my response would be the same. do some people get all worked up about these things? yes. but, by and large, most of us don't, we are merely confused by them. it seems that they have been minimizing the benefits of being in the club, and it all started shortly after they doubled the price of membership. 
    Then my message isn't for you. It's for those getting worked up. 

The 40 bucks, imo, is for the right to get tickets first. I get a record and t-shirt too? Thats gravy.

If they gave me a colored vinyl with Jeremy and Even Flow right now, I could not care less. I still get the rights to purchase tickets first, and a tshirt. And usually some other stuff. Like members only exclusive items. Oh and the deep mag.

I'm not seeing benefits being eroded.

It may feel like gravy to you, but it's still something that is promised by 10C as part of the payment. (FTR, I'm not getting worked up - I cancelled my analog membership 2 years ago so have no horse in this race ;) ). I do think the benefits are being somewhat eroded by making the annual single a non-exclusive release that can be bought for $0.99 on iTunes; from an objective point of view, I don't think that can be denied, technically. That you think the analog membership is still a good deal without that promise of an exclusive annual single included in the membership fee (or without it being provided within the membership year at all) is really neither here nor there.
    You cant purchase a record for $0.99 on iTunes.

I think you know what I mean? The single is supposed to be exclusive to 10C members, and this is not. The annual single is not supposed to be a song that was released to the general public long before it ever even makes it to the vinyl single. And that counts for the digital members too... they just get a download, and that is also supposed to be exclusive to the members.
    Agree.
    Does any other band have a $40 membership fee? This is the only band I pay to be a member of, I've joined other because many are free. I have to believe $40 has got to be the most expensive membership out there. I wouldn't agree with you if it was $5 a year. But for $40, Yeah, you're right, there should be more thought and something exclusive as promised.
    Even just considering analog at $20, that's still pretty steep for a fanclub, and then to make your annual single the same thing that is $1 online?
    U2 has a $50 annual membership fee, so this isn't the most expensive.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    edited March 2018
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

IMO, pretty obvious the first 7 albums + Lost Dogs are the band's best work collectively.  We have gotten a sprinkling of good songs on each album since, and I hope it will continue with a few on the next one. I don't expect another Ten or Yield.
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455

The song does not sound how you want it to, I get that.  But for fucks sake I’m sick of the “lazy” comments.  Writing any song is not easy and especially one that pushes you out of the box you’ve been in for the last 10 years.
    My comment was not for the sound of the song. It is to give paying fan club members a single of a song that is for a forthcoming album and also releasing it for everyone to stream.  Essentially releasing a tour/album promo but gave it to us to fulfill their obligations as an afterthought.

Kind of like buying your wife a present you want, and hey, if she doesn’t like it you will get use out of it.  Everyone is happy then right?

just my opinion.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    JimmyV said:
    Anybody know what the b-side is going to be?

either of the earth or ole, that is a no brainer
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

IMO, pretty obvious the first 7 albums + Lost Dogs are the band's best work collectively.  We have gotten a sprinkling of good songs on each album since, and I hope it will continue with a few on the next one. I don't expect another Ten or Yield.

For me, it's about the same. From Avocado on, I've probably liked about 5 songs per album. And I'll take that.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

It may feel like gravy to you, but it's still something that is promised by 10C as part of the payment. (FTR, I'm not getting worked up - I cancelled my analog membership 2 years ago so have no horse in this race ;) ). I do think the benefits are being somewhat eroded by making the annual single a non-exclusive release that can be bought for $0.99 on iTunes; from an objective point of view, I don't think that can be denied, technically. That you think the analog membership is still a good deal without that promise of an exclusive annual single included in the membership fee (or without it being provided within the membership year at all) is really neither here nor there.
    I totally agree. I love my 45, even though I completely dislike Santa God one, 99 problems, and others, however, I don't care what comes with it, I acknowledge that for 50 bucks a 45, a free tee and a unique magazine it's a pretty good deal for 50 bucks, which also includes the chance for the vault vinyl, members only music and merch, and exclusive presale for many shows, contests, and the such. If you don't care for the tee, the mag and the 45, it's ok, you still can get the rest with the digital membership, hence, I totally agree with what you say....

PJ_Soul said:
    Discounts? We get discounts as part of membership? When?
    tickets, merch on sale, exclusive items such a halloween tee are on sale now, and still exclusive, and what about pre orders? not for vault only, but all releases in any format...

JimmyV said:
    Ordeal? :lol:
    yeah, nobody was set to put up with such a strenuous task since Frodo...

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Somebody's triggered.
  • rjbukowskirjbukowski Posts: 117
    I would rather listen to Bugs 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    "Hey, did you hear a new album is coming?"

"Yeah."

"And the tour starts tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what do you think?"

"I'm disappointed by the A-side of the new holiday single."

i really dig the song. had it on repeat all day at work. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD