New Album Soon... TBA - Still Waiting a Year later

Comments

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    If we're all throwing our countries' names out there, they haven't been in Ireland since 2010. I think they're long overdue a trip back to see us here.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    wall232 said:
    RP112579 said:
    I think it was about 3 months when Lightning Bolt got released after NYM dropped.
    I think that sounds right, MYM came out right before the Wrigley 13 show. 
    I thought it was released after that show. I think the very first time anyone ever heard the song was at Wrigley.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:
    RP112579 said:
    I think it was about 3 months when Lightning Bolt got released after NYM dropped.
    I thought it was released after that show. I think the very first time anyone ever heard the song was at Wrigley.
    Nope was released before.  First time played was at the London, Ontario show a few days before Wrigley.  At Wrigley we got Lightning Bolt and Future Days as well as MYM
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Nope was released before.  First time played was at the London, Ontario show a few days before Wrigley.  At Wrigley we got Lightning Bolt and Future Days as well as MYM
    Oh riiiight, my mistake. I was thinking we first heard MYM and LB there, but no, it was LB and *wretch wretch* Future Days *barf*. How could I forget that (vexing) moment? :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Gtilley8 said:
    Anyone else think that this is probably a clip of another song on the album, that Matt posted a couple weeks ago?

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/2018/02/new-pearl-jam-music.html?m=1
    Forgot about that, probably!
    PJ_Soul said:
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:
    RP112579 said:
    Oh riiiight, my mistake. I was thinking we first heard MYM and LB there, but no, it was LB and *wretch wretch* Future Days *barf*. How could I forget that (vexing) moment? :lol:
    They really should of scratched Future Days off the setlist that night.  After the long delay we did not need any snoozers like that one lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    I bet $1 the album is out before the Euro tour this summer. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mattcoz said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Anyone else think that this is probably a clip of another song on the album, that Matt posted a couple weeks ago?

Forgot about that, probably!
    That is another killer riff.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    So excited to hear new PJ!!!!!  Can't Deny Me is great.  I hope the album has this raw emotion and feel to it.  Plus hopefully some different experimental stuff.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It is exciting!! Plus new album = album tour! In the fall? Hopefully! Canadian tour? :prayer:
    my daughter is crossing her fingers. 

much to the chagrine of many adults on this board. :lol:
    Uh oh. How old is your daughter? :lol:
    turning 9 this year. already took her to Weezer, and taking her to the Watchmen next month. She was BEGGING me to take her to Seattle forthe Home Shows. not in the budget. either they come to Winnipeg or it ain't happening. unless my wife is down for another Minnesota trip. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    So excited to hear new PJ!!!!!  Can't Deny Me is great.  I hope the album has this raw emotion and feel to it.  Plus hopefully some different experimental stuff.  
    It really has grown on me every time I've listened to it, and it should be even better live.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It is exciting!! Plus new album = album tour! In the fall? Hopefully! Canadian tour? :prayer:

turning 9 this year. already took her to Weezer, and taking her to the Watchmen next month. She was BEGGING me to take her to Seattle forthe Home Shows. not in the budget. either they come to Winnipeg or it ain't happening. unless my wife is down for another Minnesota trip. 
    I think 9's acceptable to most... barely. :lol:;)
  • jammerxjammerx Posts: 72
    The email that just came through had "This mailing is to _________ from Pearl Jam and Virgin EMI Records" with a Universal Music logo on the bottom.  Same email subscription that sent out the Lightning Bolt emails in 2013.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    =)PJ_Soul said:

Atlantic Canada please!!!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

not according to those "should I take my kid to this show" threads. those things get NASTY. 

"your kid ruins my time"

same person said

"I don't give a fuck if my weed smoking ruins your time"

those threads are gold. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'd love it if they came to Ireland and played somewhere other than Dublin. Even seeing Eddie in Cork last year felt like such a nice change here!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

not according to those "should I take my kid to this show" threads. those things get NASTY. 

"your kid ruins my time"

same person said

those threads are gold. 
    I took my son when he was 10.  No issues.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

"your kid ruins my time"

same person said

those threads are gold. 
    I always get the impression that those threads are talking about kids younger than 9. I think 9 is on the cusp at worst for 99% of fans, because none of the arguments against kids at shows really apply to 9 year olds, i.e. they don't remember shit, it's a scary atmosphere, they can't really enjoy the scene, it's too late for them to be awake, they will be a pain in the ass for people around them, etc.
    I am personally one of those fans who is VERY against little kids at rock concerts (or at least being anywhere near me), but 9 seems okay to me. Just. I mean, I can't say I'd be happy to be next to one, but it wouldn't ruin the show for me either, like a young child would. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

"your kid ruins my time"

same person said

those threads are gold. 
    I always get the impression that those threads are talking about kids younger than 9. I think 9 is on the cusp at worst for 99% of fans.
    my impression was far older. like 12-14 or so. could be wrong though. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    RS151862 said:
    I bet $1 the album is out before the Euro tour this summer. 
    You are in my mind..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Gtilley8 said:

That sounds really good to my old ears.
    At this stage with Pearl Jam, nothing would shock me. I really hope there's some new stuff played when I go to see them at Mad Cool at least.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    cutz said:
    Gtilley8 said:

that sounds more like an unused SG riff than PJ. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    PJNB said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ has released a badass new song, will be dropping an album, and will be touring a minimum of 3 continents including all 4 major USA time zones,  and people still want to complain lol
    People complaining that they are worried about the album based on one song, I assume you are the same people buying books based on the cover?
    Is the cover of a book part of the book or just a cover? Is the first single part of the album? Come on man. Terrible analogy. Of course you can project what album will be like based off of a song from said album. 
    Especially a lead single. Usually sets the tone for the album. 
    Did MYM, The Fixer, or Life Wasted really set the tone for those albums? Not really imo. 
    Life wasted wasn’t the single, it was WWS
    cutz said:
    Gtilley8 said:

that sounds more like an unused SG riff than PJ. 
    The post tagged Mark Guiliana, so I'm guessing this was something Matt was doing with him.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    If your response to an album announcement is to get upset about the annual single then you might be doing it wrong.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    To order the new album from 10C or somewhere else? Wonder if we'll get a heads up about an exclusive color or will it be the usual random maybe surprise?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    This has to mean a full tour to support the new album right? End of the year or early next year? I sense some really good news and new rumors are going to start leaking. 
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    edited March 2018
    KC138045 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ has released a badass new song, will be dropping an album, and will be touring a minimum of 3 continents including all 4 major USA time zones,  and people still want to complain lol
    Yea I’m at a loss for words. I understand if people don’t dig the song, but the nitpicking is just unreal 
    You should see the bitch fest on Facebook. 
    I thought Twitter was the preferred platform for bitch fests...what a shame...
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Man, this year is going to be great... new song (which I liked), a new album, new tour coming... I'll be seeing them at Lollapalooza in less than 2 weeks AND going to Seattle for the first time to see them in August. I couldn't have chosen a better time to take this trip! Bring it on!