Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,085
    edited March 2018
    I still can listen to the file.  I've downloaded it onto my computer, unzipped it and it says its an mp3 file in the Properties, but i've added it to my itunes library folders, but when I try to add it to my library it doesn't show up.  I've tried playing it in itunes but it won't play.  I even tried emailing the file to my android phone but none of the apps will play it.  I'm running out of ideas! any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Edit: sorted it by downloading again.

I kinda like it first listen and I think it will be a grower. :)
    Post edited by Chazz on
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    If they go political on the next album i selfishly hope its a certain style.

I like political tunes if they’re vague —-only because it doesnt timestamp them.  Infallible to me is perfect in its message and applies to any decade.  Thats personal preference tho.  As long as they’re still writing tunes im fine with whatever they want :lol:
    As long as it's not as topical as Neil Young latest songs...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    If they go political on the next album i selfishly hope its a certain style.

I like political tunes if they’re vague —-only because it doesnt timestamp them.  Infallible to me is perfect in its message and applies to any decade.  Thats personal preference tho.  As long as they’re still writing tunes im fine with whatever they want :lol:
    I certainly think Ed has tried hard of late to leave lyrics open to interpretation and not to have them ‘time stamped’ which dates a song of course. I agree that Infallible is that sort of song. I hope that if a new album is politically charged it doesn’t get known as a Trump album. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,932
    am i the only one who didnt like the song?

Seems unfinished , mike is no where near the song and the lyrics arent good at all and dont get me started on the chorus
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    im pretty sure will be played tomorrow in santiago
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    im pretty sure will be played tomorrow in santiago

Be interesting to see how it sounds live :)
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Definitely will save my bootleg code for one of these early shows that gets released. Hopefully they get clean recordings in South America this time around.
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Pearl jam has a concert when?
  • Options
    Shyner said:
    Pearl jam has a concert when?
    tomorrow
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i "heard" is all stone the song
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    That's great to hear. 
    Hope they everyone enjoys it .

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

i "heard" is all stone the song

Very good...he wrote Even Flow my Favourite song ;)
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I get the impression that even if someone is credited as a sole writer on the music for something, they all have a hand in it one way or another.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    cweeks1111cweeks1111 Posts: 149
    It's political, anti-Trump and has fucking cowbell. I'm in! Loving it.
    east lansing, mi 1998 / auburn hills, mi 2000 / clarkston, mi 2003 / grand rapids, mi 2004 / toronto, on 2005 / auburn hills, mi 2006 / detroit, mi 2011 (ev) / chicago, il 2013 / detroit, mi 2014 / chicago, il 2016 (wrigley 1) / chicago, il 2018 (wrigley 1 & 2) / louisville, ky 2022 / las vegas, nv 2022 (ev) / noblesville, in 2023
  • Options
    Someone was saying that this song was a couple of years old? I was just wondering where that information came from, I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    just_one said:
    am i the only one who didnt like the song?

Seems unfinished , mike is no where near the song and the lyrics arent good at all and dont get me started on the chorus
    Mike is on cowbell
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Looking forward to April 1st when they will release a random live version of Evenflow as the b-side.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    The more random live versions we get the better. This band rewards their followers like no other.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jordn6971 said:
    Please stop saying this sounds like Cornell. I would think if you have ears you'd realize it's offensive to his memory...
    :confused:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Someone was saying that this song was a couple of years old? I was just wondering where that information came from, I couldn't find it anywhere.
    they were probably inferring that it was a LB leftover, which, based on the lyrics, it isn't. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I like it, I don't know yet how deep it's gonna sink, but so far I like it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    On my to do list today is getting around to listening to this new track. Seems like the kind of PJ track i would be into.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    they were probably inferring that it was a LB leftover, which, based on the lyrics, it isn't. 
    Okay so basically it was just a theory that someone had. I'm pretty excited to hear anything new by them, regardless of when it was recorded like.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    jordn6971 said:
    Please stop saying this sounds like Cornell. I would think if you have ears you'd realize it's offensive to his memory...
    What's offensive about it?  He DOES sound like Cornell, especially the first couple lines.  Perhaps it was intentional on Ed's part as a nod to his old friend.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I get the impression that even if someone is credited as a sole writer on the music for something, they all have a hand in it one way or another.
    I'm inclined to agree with this.  I've never written a song or know how writing credits actually work, but I would assume if a sole band member is credited as the songwriter, he probably came up with the main rhythm and/or melody then the intricacies were worked out amongst the others.
  • Options
    I'm inclined to agree with this.  I've never written a song or know how writing credits actually work, but I would assume if a sole band member is credited as the songwriter, he probably came up with the main rhythm and/or melody then the intricacies were worked out amongst the others.
    depends on the dynamics of the band, but also if the rest of the band feels as if the song was brought in complete or not. 

or, in PJ's case, if BoB thinks it's a radio hit or not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    rvapete said:
    PJ clearly not protesting the modeling agency...

They could have done tons with this song and related it to human struggle with real imagery.  Instead its just another staged attractive face and edgy graphic design
    Really? I guess everyone has an opinion. But are you really complaining about the artwork? Really?
    Pearl Jam could put on a free show in a open field in every region of America and people would still complain 
    They better be giving out free posters at that free concert!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    I love that it feels rough and unpolished.  BS and LB feel over produced on the albums. I think this song will be great live bc you know it will get a little kick in the tempo
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    tbergs said:
    jmilligan said:
    tbergs said:
    rvapete said:
    Its got a ton of "live" potential 

The lyrics to Lukin will be easier to understand than this one live.
    Really? These are way easier upon initial listens.
    No, I mean ed will lose his voice trying to sing this live.   It will sound like a horrible mess.
    I'm hoping they tune it down like they've tuned down Habit or Comatose to accommodate Ed's voice. If they tune it down I bet it'll rock live.
    Getaway is tuned down too i think
    Ugh, I hate it when the tune down songs. I no longer enjoy Comatose live. Theres another one they do it with to and it kills the song. Maybe STBC?

+1

I would rather have Ed only fill in 25% vocals and keep the standard tuning so the spirit of the song isn't lost.  Tuning everything down just seems to compromise the entire song for me.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
     It's better than Ole. 
    Yes, that's true. It's WAY better than Ole.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata