Songs that need to be dusted off in Seattle

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Who You are
    All Those Yesterdays
    Love Reign 'Oer me

I've never seen any of those songs played in Seattle in the last 20 years.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    U leatherman of the earth wash alone black off he goes daughter deep rvm a kiss song
    Lukin and some of the darker songs 

The shades go up
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    daughter tagged with it's ok
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I think with the current state of the country, these would be great to hear in Seattle. 

Nothing as it seems
    Undone
    World wide suicide
    Insignifigance
    Bushleaguer...time to bring it back. " Born on third, thinks he hit a triple"
    help help
    sad
    Green disease
    no way
    marker in the sand
    inside job
    evacuation
    grievance
    soon forget
    The Fixer
    Do the Evolution
    dissident
    WMA
    Blood
    Fuckin Up
    Gimme some truth
    Mind your manners
    save you
    faithful
    Alive
    Rockin in the free world

Now thats a setlist that tells a story

I'm on board with that setlist! I'd like to add one to the mix......like the Greek, I'm always itching to hear Ghost. Bring it on!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Crazy Mary
    Love Reign O'er Me
    Chloe Dancer / Crown Of Thorns
    Lukin
    Nothing As It Seems
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Not For You was certainly underplayed in 2016 (just once, I think?)
    ^ My mistake. It was played twice.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
    As long as its not played in Chicago
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    KC138045 said:
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
    Hey, I will take this in Chicago with no problem. They can even spread them out between both nights. 
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
    Hey, I will take this in Chicago with no problem. They can even spread them out between both nights. 
    I'm fine with all of them except parachutes 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
     Never understood the why the strong dislike for the song. And it's only been played 22 times, so it falls under a rarity when played live.  
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    Dissident
    No Way
    Unemployable
    Come Back
    Anything off of Self-Titled really
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
     Never understood the why the strong dislike for the song. And it's only been played 22 times, so it falls under a rarity when played live.  
    I've just never liked it and I heard one of those 22 so I'm good lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
    I personally don't have a beef with that song. I have not had the chance to catch it live, so would like to catch it one day to complete the self tiled album live. And I don't see them doing this song at any of the stadium shows, just doesn't fit for that setting. But off that list Leash is the most important for me. Last song I need to complete the VS album live. Fingers crossed that they finally dust that one off for Wrigley. 24+ years since Leash has been dropped in Chi town. 
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
    I personally don't have a beef with that song. I have not had the chance to catch it live, so would like to catch it one day to complete the self tiled album live. And I don't see them doing this song at any of the stadium shows, just doesn't fit for that setting. But off that list Leash is the most important for me. Last song I need to complete the VS album live. Fingers crossed that they finally dust that one off for Wrigley. 24+ years since Leash has been dropped in Chi town. 
    I'm lucky to have heard Leash live before and I'd be happy to hear it again at Wrigley this year.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    KC138045 said:
    Fatal
    hard to imagine
    garden
    leash
    tremor christ
    rival
    parachutes
    unemployable
    I'm lucky to have heard Leash live before and I'd be happy to hear it again at Wrigley this year.
    Believe you me, I will be starting the thread for it as we get closer to the date. :lol:
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    rummy said:
    Not For You was certainly underplayed in 2016 (just once, I think?)
    Crazy. I never would have guessed it was played only twice in 2016. Not For You into Modern Girl tag was amazing at Fenway. 
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    I expect a greatest hits style show and I'm okay with that. Those expecting anything else are going to be disappointed. You can't take the Showbox setlist from '02 and expect it to work in a stadium setting. Maybe next year we get a real tour and then we can start realistically talking about rarities.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
    I expect a greatest hits style show and I'm okay with that. Those expecting anything else are going to be disappointed. You can't take the Showbox setlist from '02 and expect it to work in a stadium setting. Maybe next year we get a real tour and then we can start realistically talking about rarities.
    Is Release a greatest hit? If so, bring it on!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    Statistically speaking Wrigley 2 and Fenway 2 were rated the rarest 2 sets of all the 2016 shows. They do a great job of mixing in the rarities with the hits imo. You are right it is no Showbox but to say it will be a greatest hits style show is not going to be correct either I am guessing. 

http://www.livefootsteps.org/setlist/?show_id=1010
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/setlist/?show_id=1008

• Kiwi JammerKiwi Jammer Posts: 105
    PJNB said:
    Statistically speaking Wrigley 2 and Fenway 2 were rated the rarest 2 sets of all the 2016 shows. They do a great job of mixing in the rarities with the hits imo. You are right it is no Showbox but to say it will be a greatest hits style show is not going to be correct either I am guessing. 

Agree! By all accounts it’s a massive Ten Club crowd for these fairly rare home shows, surely the boys  will once again bring the perfect mix to keep the faithful happy. I’m not coming from NZ for a greatest hits festival set
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 782
    PJNB said:

Agree! By all accounts it’s a massive Ten Club crowd for these fairly rare home shows, surely the boys  will once again bring the perfect mix to keep the faithful happy. I’m not coming from NZ for a greatest hits festival set
    Hopefully you'll be able to see them at home next summer too. I'm actually stopping by Boston 2 whilst moving home to NZ from Ireland. She'll be worth it all right.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited March 2018
    Ray J. T. said: Believe you me, I will be starting the thread for it as we get closer to the date.
    http://http//community.pearljam.com/discussion/235035/believe-you-me/p7
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • YourLightMadeUsStarsYourLightMadeUsStars NB, Canada Posts: 28
    I see lots of people on here who are looking forward to seeing certain songs and while I agree with so many it seems I've been fortunate to knock off a lot of the ones I've hoped to see.  You guys talking about Leash and Parachutes got me thinking of some of the songs which have made the 9 shows I've been to very memorable for me. For the record I will take any playlist, greatest hits or not, but am ok without either of those songs in Seattle - I seem to hear Leash every second show I go to.  

Openers/pre-openers:  Driftin', Release x2, Long Road, Severed Hand, Hard to Imagine (my first show/song), Of The Girl, Wash
    PJ Originals:  Leash x3 (including the first time they played it in 12 years), Parachutes (1st time played live), Come Back, Daughter w/It's OK, Ghost, Garden, Of the Earth, Whipping x 2,  Untitled>MFC, Thumbing My Way, Don't Gimme No Lip (Stone on vocals), God's Dice, I'm Open, NAIS, Pilate x2, Rats, Satan's Bed, Sad x2, Inside Job.
    Covers: Forever Young, Fortunate Son, Fuckin Up, I Believe in Miracles, The Kids are Alright, Eruption, Masters of War, Needle and the Damage Done, Rain, Surrender, Throw Your Hatred Down (w/ Neil Young), Hunger Strike x2 (w/ Chris Cornell), Mother, Sonic Reducer, Imagine, Crazy Mary x2, Baba x3.

With that said, some that I'm hoping to hear in Seattle for the first time are;

All Those Yesterdays
    Chloe/Crown
    No Way
    Deep
    Fatal
    Footsteps
    Get Right
    Getaway
    I Am Mine
    WMA

But who gives a shit, I'm seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle which will be memorable itself.
    edited March 2018
    Since there has been a loss of musical talent from Seattle, hopefully they'll play these songs for these losses:
    Stardog Champion - Andrew Wood
    Man of the Hour - Layne Staley
    Call Me a Dog or Hunger Strike - Chris Cornell
    Rockin' in the Free World or Fuckin' Up - Kurt Cobain
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    Why would u play rocking in the free world for Kurt? 
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    edited March 2018
    I love
    Post edited by Shyner on
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    You must have read my mind because I was wondering the same thing. Why that particular song for Kurt?  
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    edited March 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    You must have read my mind because I was wondering the same thing. Why that particular song for Kurt?  
    I recall Dave Grohl playing drums when PJ played that song one time, that is what crossed my mind at the time.  Currently, I'm wanting to hear the band play Needle and the Damage Done instead.
    Post edited by iwasatpj20 on
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    One time Dave Grohl played Everlong