Who are you?

Comments

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :lol:
    My name is Brett, and I am a Trojan

Why the he.. are they so expensive :confused:
  • This thread got weird for a minute. 

On that note, when I moved to South Carolina, I found it quite unsettling to see people walk around with shirts on that said "go cocks!" After almost 20 years down here, nothing has changed. It's still odd. 
    Have you ever been to a University athletic event? I would imagine that would be very odd for you. :lol:

I'm through with screaming
  • This thread got weird for a minute. 

On that note, when I moved to South Carolina, I found it quite unsettling to see people walk around with shirts on that said "go cocks!" After almost 20 years down here, nothing has changed. It's still odd. 
    It is weird for me that when I moved back east there are people that learn that I went to USC for college and say 'The Cocks?' or 'Go Cocks'. 

No...the USC that is nicknamed as the device you put OVER your cocks
    Yeah that took me a minute.
    I'm through with screaming
    edited March 2018
    I hate those things. All of them.

Somehow I don't have any kids or diseases. Maybe there is a god after all.

Already clear... but you Sir should be more careful :nuh_uh: 

(Damn... my English is awful... :bawling:  )
    Post edited by kce8 on
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    My name is Conor. I'm from Ireland. I've been a fan of Pearl Jam since I was about 15 or so I guess, I'm now 31. I work with people with disabilities.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    kce8 said:
    I hate those things. All of them.

Somehow I don't have any kids or diseases. Maybe there is a god after all.

Already clear... but you Sir should be more careful :nuh_uh: 

(Damn... my English is awful... :bawling:  )
    Oh I'm pretty much abstinent at this point in life. As safe as safe can be.
    I've been clean and sober for 7 years this year. That's one of my biggest and proudest achievements in life. Chris Cornell's death hit me hard then.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I've been clean and sober for 7 years this year. That's one of my biggest and proudest achievements in life. Chris Cornell's death hit me hard then.
    You sir are an inspiration and i also have been affected very badly by chris's death. Broke my heart
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Congratulations Conor! :bow:  That's an amazing goal you have achieved, so you can be very very proud of yourself! 
    That's a long and hard fight, and I can imagine what Chris death did to you because of how much it affected myself too.Completely unexpected, especially that I have no problems like him. 
    So my best wishes to you and my deepest respect! :smile:
    @kce8 @lastexitlondon Thanks very much for your kind words. Trust me, if you knew the stuff that I got up to when I was active in my addiction, you might not be congratulating me. But I guess that's something that's with all addicts. Life is just easier for me if I don't get wasted. Chris Cornell was someone who I had given the title "the coolest musician in recovery" to. His death serves as a reminder to me though, that this illness can rear it's head at any moment. That's why I'm never a former alcoholic or addict, I am recovering. It is my life's work.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    You sir are an inspiration and i also have been affected very badly by chris's death. Broke my heart

...and you last exit will see the light at the end of that tunnel too!
    It's hard, but it gets better. So fight for it! 
    :smile: 
    :hug:
    kce8 said:

You are very kind . Im nearer chris cornell than conor at the moment. I can't see how i willl survive honestly. But you are all great people. Big love rob.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    @kce8 @lastexitlondon Thanks very much for your kind words. Trust me, if you knew the stuff that I got up to when I was active in my addiction, you might not be congratulating me. But I guess that's something that's with all addicts. Life is just easier for me if I don't get wasted. Chris Cornell was someone who I had given the title "the coolest musician in recovery" to. His death serves as a reminder to me though, that this illness can rear it's head at any moment. That's why I'm never a former alcoholic or addict, I am recovering. It is my life's work.
    But that's why you can be so proud of yourself!
    The further down you were, the harder it was to get out, I suppose. It's not difficult to come down..
    I congratulate you for getting out of this shit! 
    kce8 said:

You are very kind . Im nearer chris cornell than conor at the moment. I can't see how i willl survive honestly. But you are all great people. Big love rob.

You will Rob, but you need to believe in yourself! 
    Please, fight for it! 
    You are such a nice person, think about your kids and fight!
    Thats what i try
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

You guys are both great. @lastexitlondon I read your story on another thread and I've been thinking of it for weeks. There is hope man. Believe. <3
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    friend of bill and dr bob?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Great thread full of great people..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mickeyrat said:
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!
    lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited March 2018
    My name is Brett, and I am a Trojan

My name is also Brett...but I ain’t no Trojan. One day I hope to have a beard as solid as rgambs. It’s a legit tight beard. I’ll keep working on it.

Post edited by BS44325 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    All Bretts are good.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2018
    Things will get Better Lastexit...yes I know it's hard I can just imagine what Chris Death did to you because I felt very similar such a sad moment which made me very sad and affected me too so I know exactly what you mean...just think Positive ok and don't give up...and believe in yourself ok it will be hard but you will get there...I send you Positive thoughts :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2018

Hey Congratulations Conor be very proud of yourself...I know what you mean about Chris Death hitting you hard...it hit me hard too so I know exactly where you are coming from...and hey be proud of yourself...also Smile because this makes me Smile...so much respect for you for achieving this :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    This thread got weird for a minute. 

Have you ever been to a University athletic event? I would imagine that would be very odd for you. :lol:

No, but I partied a lot at 5 points during my several training trips to the fire academy. So many "cock" fans.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    @mickeyrat An associate at this stage.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    edited March 2018
    @mickeyrat An associate at this stage.
    I believe we are on the same page. please visit the pj fans in 12 step recovery thread on all encompassing trip subforum.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Who do you think you are? I AM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrdYpzsgp4o

i shit you not, pete weber was my across the street neighbor from 2001 to 2015. what you see on tv is exactly what he is like as a neighbor. when he is home that is. most times he is on the road. i remember one time i got home from one of by gigs at about 3:30 am. I had some friends over for a nightcap and he yelled at us to shut the fuck up. i was shocked, considering his stepson got home that time most nights and were just as loud and i never ever said anything to them about it.
    This is the greatest!!  
    here is the extended clip. his wife is the blonde covering her face. she has since left him. one of my neighbors told me she was mortified about this video and was deeply embarrassed by his behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQOXYB2cd8
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    mcgruff10 said:
    rod,
    where did you play d1 baseball?  I played two years at d3 until my shoulder gave out. Man I miss it!
    i played at southwest missouri state university, since renamed missouri state university.

i miss it too. crazy thing is i hung up by cleats 24 years ago this may. i have now lived longer without baseball being a part of my life than i did with it being my life. that is crazy to think about now. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    mcgruff10 said:
    rod,
    where did you play d1 baseball?  I played two years at d3 until my shoulder gave out. Man I miss it!
    i played at southwest missouri state university, since renamed missouri state university.

i miss it too. crazy thing is i hung up by cleats 24 years ago this may. i have now lived longer without baseball being a part of my life than i did with it being my life. that is crazy to think about now. 
    Ohhhhh how I miss playing baseball.  I wrecked my right shoulder slamming into a wall twice in as many weeks playing racquet ball in the mid 80's and have thrown like a girl (er, um, sorry ladies!) ever since.  Good golly I miss diving for line drives, the crack of the bat, sliding into a base or home plate, the crack of the bat, the smell of oiled glove leather.  Nothing like it in the world!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.