*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited March 2018
    great win tonight as well.  For awhile thought it was going to be a letdown loss.\ after the huge win the night before.
    Yessir. Back to backs are tough even against lesser teams. To come back and win on a night when Embiid wasn't at his best is a good sign. 
    Bench looks significantly better with Ersan and Marco out there. 

Looking ahead---even being conservative, I think Sixers should be favored in 16 of their last 21 games. 45-48 wins is within reach. Wiz, Pacers and Bucks schedules look much more difficult (especially Wiz and Pacers).

TAKE THE NIGHT AND RUN AND TRUST THE MOTHERFUCKIN' PROCESS
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Really shitting the bed tonight...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That was awful last night. Embiid has looked off to me the past week. Way to many TO's, can hit FT's and his defensive effort is lacking. Maybe playing all these games is catching up to him because he's never done it before.  
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited March 2018
    They attempted like 30 more shots than the Sixers. Can't beat decent teams turning the ball over like that. Too sloppy. On to Charlotte.

I think Embiid's problem lately is mostly attributed to getting into foul trouble early. Committing way to many unnecessary fouls which hurts his defense later....
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    too bad everyone ahead of us keeps on winning also
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Nice win. I'd mention Ben's stats but that's taboo right now.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    too bad everyone ahead of us keeps on winning also

I can't believe they are still in the 6th seed with being 7 over .500 this late in the season. I would've that that'd be solid 4 seed range. Got the easiest schedule remaining so they should move up...CLAP YO HANDS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited March 2018
    Man, how WEAK, and unoriginal, is this?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1499928

Lakers superfan uses billboards to recruit LeBron James, takes shot at 76ers

by Chris Walder 1h ago
    NBA Reddit

Is the way to LeBron James' heart through snazzy billboards?

Probably not, but that's not stopping one Los Angeles-based attorney from attempting to entice the King to sign with his favorite team this summer.

Jacob Emrani purchased three billboards that went up in L.A. on Wednesday in an attempt to recruit the four-time NBA Most Valuable Player to the Lakers, according to ESPN Radio's Steve Mason.

At least two of the billboards prominently feature the hashtag #LABron, while also taking shots at both the Philadelphia 76ers and Cleveland Cavaliers.

(Image Courtesy: NBA Reddit/Imgur)

@ESPNLosAngeles LA is now the latest to post a billboard to recruit LeBron. Big sign on Westwood Blvd.

These new billboards come as a response to Power Home Remodeling, a Philadelphia-based company that bought billboard space in downtown Cleveland, urging James to "Complete the Process" and become a Sixer.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

A Philadelphia-based company put up three billboards on highway to downtown Cleveland this morning saying that city wanted LeBron. 

James and the Cavaliers are in town this weekend to take on the Clippers and Lakers at Staples Center on Friday and Sunday, respectively.

Post edited by cutz on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Is this the sequel to the movie 3 Billboards?
    Jojo needs a rest. Give him the Knicks game off.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Yeah, I agree. He does seem gassed. He's played more games in the past year than he has in his entire life so I guess he was bound to hit this wall at some point. 

I might even rest him Sunday too with the Pacers looming on Tuesday...couple gams off this week, then full steam ahead.

chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:

Yeah, I agree. He does seem gassed. He's played more games in the past year than he has in his entire life so I guess he was bound to hit this wall at some point. 

I might even rest him Sunday too with the Pacers looming on Tuesday...couple gams off this week, then full steam ahead.

i think also a few other players need rest also.  whole team has looked sluggish recently.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Nice easy win. Just what we need with a big game Tuesday 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Nice easy win. Just what we need with a big game Tuesday 
    Nice to give Jojo some rest at the end. I still think he should sit v. NY.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    How bout the Cavs still losing? Sixers only a game back in loss column of the 3 seed
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How bout the Cavs still losing? Sixers only a game back in loss column of the 3 seed
    3rd to like 8th are pretty close.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    3rd to like 8th are pretty close.

Ah, yes....that's where having the easiest schedule from here on out plays a factor though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pretty big game tonight against The Pacers.  Go Sixers!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I'd like to see more back to the basket and less face up for Jojo. Seems like it's the opposite right now. I guess he just needs to fight through this turnover phase but you can't win when your best player has 8.  He also can't take the bait from guys like Stephenson. When the fuck is Fultz going to play? He looks ready to me.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Who thinks Fultz will play this year?

76ers' Brown: Decision on Fultz's return needs to be made soon
    by Jonathan Soveta · 53m ago
    WASHINGTON DC - OCTOBER 18 Markelle Fultz 20 of the Philadelphia 76ers jogs off the court against the Washington Wizards at Capital One Arena on October 18 2017 in Washington DC

Philadelphia 76ers fans should know sooner than later whether they'll see the No. 1 pick again this year.

Speaking to reporters Friday, 76ers head coach Brett Brown said he has no idea if Markelle Fultzwill suit up again this season with only 15 games remaining, but he does expect the point guard and the team's medical staff to decide one way or another in the near future.

"I truly don't know. ... We see him getting better. This decision we're speaking of will be generated very much in a collaborative spirit, led by him," Brown said, according to John Clark of NBC Sports Philadelphia. "We have medical people, we have coaches, we have Markelle Fultz the player; it's all kind of fluid.

"I think at some point soon, a decision is going to have to be made so that we can progress forward."

The top pick from June's draft has been struggling with a bothersome shoulder issue that's plagued his shooting form. After playing in the first four games of the year, the team shut Fultz down indefinitely in order to allow him to heal, diagnosing the problem as a scapular muscle imbalance in his right shoulder.

Philadelphia has reportedly even resorted to virtual reality in an effort to repair his once-smooth shooting stroke. It's unclear if Fultz and the Sixers followed through on that approach, though Fultz's jumper did appear more streamlined in shootaround Friday.

Currently sixth in the Eastern Conference at 37-30, the 76ers are already a near-lock to make the playoffs. Getting back a healthy Fultz, however, could make them a difficult lower seed to handle in the first round.

^
    There's only 14 games left. Fultz is exactly the kind of player the Sixers need....but I don't know if I would mess with the rotation this deep into the season. Was arguing this with my brother in law recently. He makes a good point about it not doing much harm if you just give him 10-15 minutes off the bench. He'd just be eating into TJ's and Marco's minutes a little bit. I'm fine with shelving him at this point though.
    What do you think?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^
    There's only 14 games left. Fultz is exactly the kind of player the Sixers need....but I don't know if I would mess with the rotation this deep into the season. Was arguing this with my brother in law recently. He makes a good point about it not doing much harm if you just give him 10-15 minutes off the bench. He'd just be eating into TJ's and Marco's minutes a little bit. I'm fine with shelving him at this point though.
    What do you think?
    I guess i'm easy either way. If he can play a few minutes=fine. If he doesn't play at all, i'm fine with that too.

Maybe , if he can play, they could play him a few minutes a game in the regular season, but he doesn't see the floor in the playoffs? 
    edited March 2018
    pjhawks said:
    so over/under is 42.5 - what are your thoughts?  i say slightly under. say 40-41 wins

and how many games does Embiid play?  i'll be the pessimist and say 35.
    i'll say slightly over and go with 44.

Embiid- i'll be happy with about 50.

less than hour till tip off :smiley:

Wins? I'm going with 39. There will be a lot of growing pains early on. 39ish will probably mean playoffs though and an 11 game improvement from last year and 29 game improvement from 2 years ago. haha--that's crazy.

50 sounds right for Embiid.

44 wins (maybe more looks pretty doable now)

Embiid is already at 57 games, so look like about 65 for him.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    pjhawks said:
    so over/under is 42.5 - what are your thoughts?  i say slightly under. say 40-41 wins

and how many games does Embiid play?  i'll be the pessimist and say 35.
    i'll say slightly over and go with 44.

Embiid- i'll be happy with about 50.

less than hour till tip off :smiley:

Wins? I'm going with 39. There will be a lot of growing pains early on. 39ish will probably mean playoffs though and an 11 game improvement from last year and 29 game improvement from 2 years ago. haha--that's crazy.

50 sounds right for Embiid.

44 wins (maybe more looks pretty doable now)

Embiid is already at 57 games, so look like about 65 for him.

Good call by you. It's pretty crazy to think of how far this team has come in just a couple years when they won 10 games. I think 46+ is within reach at this point. All this without the top pick in the draft who would've been a perfect fit.

And, yeah, dare I say Embiid still looks healthy....and dominant.

chinese-happy.jpg
    I'd love to post some more Simmons stats but I don't want to mislead anyone.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited March 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    NINTH triple double. NBD.....Bigger thing from last night is 15 assist with 0 turnovers. 

Sixers were draining threes at a Nova clip last night! Clap your hands....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    NINTH triple double. NBD.....Bigger thing from last night is 15 assist with 0 turnovers. 

Sixers were draining threes at a Nova clip last night! Clap your hands....
    1,2,3,4,5 Sixers

Jojo had 9 TO's! When he fixes that, look out.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

4th seed with 12 to play and they should be favorites in almost all of them.

How far we've come......

chinese-happy.jpg

How far we've come......

imagine if we had a number one overall draft pick from last year contributing.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

How far we've come......

imagine if we had a number one overall draft pick from last year contributing.
    i'm content with where they are now, but yeah that would be awesome.

Orlando tonight, should win that one.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD