Options

Happy International Women's Day!!

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
Happy International Women's Day!!!much lovre to all women out there!!
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,853
    Lovin the ladies 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It’s a good day for my wife to shovel some heavy, wet snow, which I appreciate. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Mike Starr is gone 7 years today. 
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    To all of the women around the world -- we adore (most of) you.   (most of) You light up our lives.
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    To all of the women around the world -- we adore (most of) you.   (most of) You light up our lives.

Ain't it the truth =)

I must say - as a woman - that all I want is for us to be treated with decency, regardless of gender, race, yada yada.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    hedonist said:

Ain't it the truth =)

I must say - as a woman - that all I want is for us to be treated with decency, regardless of gender, race, yada yada.

No problem. Right after you do the dishes, sweetheart. 
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:

Ain't it the truth =)

:rofl:

Fine, then YOU take out the trash.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Here's to hoping nobody does these items today, beyond that one special man who you obviously agree on communication standards with:

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    steers you by grabbing your elbow as you are walking
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair
    comments on the amount of food you do/do not eat

• Options
    hedonist said:
    Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:

Ain't it the truth =)

:rofl:

Fine, then YOU take out the trash.
    Used to be role reversal in our household.  I did the dishes, she did the trash.  Now, the boy does the trash.  (I still do the dishes -- nobody else cleans them properly.)
  • Options
    tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    edited March 2018
    Here's to hoping nobody does these items today, beyond that one special man who you obviously agree on communication standards with:

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

Living in the South it's hard to get away from the first one. But  I cannot tell you how much I hate being told to smile. 
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

Living in the South it's hard to get away from the first one. But  I cannot tell you how much I hate being told to smile. 
    As with all things, if no insult is meant I think it would be OK.  (Easy for me to say, right darling?)  :lol:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    You think just because a guy wears pink he can't throw down?!  Sporting my PJ t-shirt today, supporting women and equality every day.
  • Options

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

As with all things, if no insult is meant I think it would be OK.  (Easy for me to say, right darling?)  :lol:
    I prefer sweetie. :lol:  I know most people don't mean anything by it. I get more offended by people commenting on my accent.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I used to call most women who were strangers “love.” For instance, a woman working the register at a convenience store hands me my change; to which I’d reply, “Thanks, love.” I’m from Florida and picked it up as a kid from my friends who emigrated from the Caribbean. 

It still slips out from time to time, especially if I’m drunk, but I’m a lot better about it now. (It probably helps that I rarely drink.)

I made a nice big breakfast for my resident snow shoveler. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

I prefer sweetie. :lol:  I know most people don't mean anything by it. I get more offended by people commenting on my accent.
    If you have a strong accent and are someplace people do not share that accent I bet it happens a lot. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,742

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

Wait, comments on hair and clothes are frowned upon?

Would this be the same as, or different than complimenting a woman who wears her hair down when it's up 49 out of 50 days? Or pointing out their new hairstyle? I'm totally guilty of noticing a new hair color/hairdo.

Either way, we (most of us) appreciate (most of) you. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

Would this be the same as, or different than complimenting a woman who wears her hair down when it's up 49 out of 50 days? Or pointing out their new hairstyle? I'm totally guilty of noticing a new hair color/hairdo.

Basically, you want to avoid 'Your face looks thinner when you wear your hair down like that', 'those pants look nice', or something like that.

Sorry, I started typing about 5 other reactions and just deleted.  They were progressively worse and I am sure not too many people would have laughed beyond myself.
  • Options
    When the whole Anita Hill thing went down last...century?!...the men in our office were told they couldn't even say "you look nice today" or "I like your outfit".  One old-school guy was continually reprimanded for it, and I always felt bad for him since it came from a good place.
  • Options
    It is too bad that the creepers make it whacked to compliment someone on looking particularly nice on a given day.  I like it if someone says to me "I like that shirt/coat/suit" etc but then again I am a dude.  Nobody is ever telling me they like my hair again (ever) but I certainly respect that it is not welcomed and keep it to myself unless the person is a friend and I know they can take a compliment.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,742

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

Basically, you want to avoid 'Your face looks thinner when you wear your hair down like that', 'those pants look nice', or something like that.

Sorry, I started typing about 5 other reactions and just deleted.  They were progressively worse and I am sure not too many people would have laughed beyond myself.
    It's all definitely a slippery slope these days...but I maintain that funny is in fact funny. But yes, you never talk to women about weight. 

I agree, I like if someone notices someone notices something about me. Buy it would be completely different if I liked a revealing blouse a woman was wearing and let her know by saying: "that low cut top looks GREAT from here".
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    When the whole Anita Hill thing went down last...century?!...the men in our office were told they couldn't even say "you look nice today" or "I like your outfit".  One old-school guy was continually reprimanded for it, and I always felt bad for him since it came from a good place.
    The men in my office never comment (out loud anyway) on what we wear. But for some reason it's ok for women to comment on each other.  I guess it's less threatening? But still, rude. 
  • Options

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

I personally don't mind if someone notices/compliments my hair. However, something like "wow, your hair looks so much better than it did last week" is not appreciated. :lol:

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    hedonist said:
    The men in my office never comment (out loud anyway) on what we wear. But for some reason it's ok for women to comment on each other.  I guess it's less threatening? But still, rude. 
    i hear women make comments behind other women's backs all the time at work.  I think that's just as bad as a man making a harassing or sexual comment to a woman.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Someone on here is always disparaging my hair. :angry:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

OMG, what is with the commenting on how much I eat?!?! Seriously, I'm pushing 50 and was floored when I discovered the other day that men still do that! ["Are you sure you want to order that? It's a really big portion!" Yes I'm sure I want to order it, I'm starving and, if you were to look at me, you'd see that I'm shredded. Now, bring me my food, dammit!]

I'm no fan of the elbow-steering, but it's not as bad as the guy who decided to steer me by placing his hands on my (very) lower back. He nearly lost those hands....

If you wouldn't do it to another man, don't do it to a woman. Or, this:

https://medium.com/@annevictoriaclark/the-rock-test-a-hack-for-men-who-dont-want-to-be-accused-of-sexual-harassment-73c45e0b49af

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

Calls you honey
    pats you on the ass
    Asks you to smile
    comments on your clothes
    comments on your hair

OMG, what is with the commenting on how much I eat?!?! Seriously, I'm pushing 50 and was floored when I discovered the other day that men still do that! ["Are you sure you want to order that? It's a really big portion!" Yes I'm sure I want to order it, I'm starving and, if you were to look at me, you'd see that I'm shredded. Now, bring me my food, dammit!]

I'm no fan of the elbow-steering, but it's not as bad as the guy who decided to steer me by placing his hands on my (very) lower back. He nearly lost those hands....

If you wouldn't do it to another man, don't do it to a woman. Or, this:

https://medium.com/@annevictoriaclark/the-rock-test-a-hack-for-men-who-dont-want-to-be-accused-of-sexual-harassment-73c45e0b49af

Sorry -- but I am not picturing women as the Rock.  I can just take a coffee, a lunch, a meeting, and a drink to mean that it is people who are antiquated with one another hanging out.  I laughed at the pictures, though, that was pretty funny.  I think the author's larger point should just be spelled out instead of hinted at -- don't be a creep! 

Hand to the small of the back.  Good one.
    I also see pictures sometimes that make me wonder....the dude will have his hands wrapped around the side of the woman.  Is that welcomed?