~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    It's such a tough and tiring life.

OMG he looks so soft! I just wanna pet him. 
    A little mini cougar. I bet he thinks he is one too lol.
    He walks like one, but meows like a little girl =)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Hobbes said:
    So the west coast of the U.S. is its butt and Australia his a ball of yarn or something?  :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Rogue, Dankind, Hedo, great cat photos!  Love 'em!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Right, guys, right?!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    brianlux said:
    Right, guys, right?!

Oh, I HAVE to get that! 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2018

She immediately got up, faced the other way and dropped back down with a groan after I took the picture. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Always the bed....
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Haven't been here for a long while, but in that time, my baby of 17 years passed away. He was 21 years old, and we adopted him from the shelter when he was 4. I'm 25, so Leo and I grew up together.

He was the absolute sweetest cat I've ever met-- a true lovebug who loved to cuddle and just be next to you. He trusted most people who he met, which is on the rarer side for a cat. Just a special, special animal. He would have been 22 a few days ago, so have been thinking about him a lot.

Can't ask for much longer a life than 21 years though--so lucky to have had him in my life.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam said:
    Haven't been here for a long while, but in that time, my baby of 17 years passed away. He was 21 years old, and we adopted him from the shelter when he was 4. I'm 25, so Leo and I grew up together.

He was the absolute sweetest cat I've ever met-- a true lovebug who loved to cuddle and just be next to you. He trusted most people who he met, which is on the rarer side for a cat. Just a special, special animal. He would have been 22 a few days ago, so have been thinking about him a lot.

Can't ask for much longer a life than 21 years though--so lucky to have had him in my life.
    I'm so sorry.  When the love is there (and in your case, especially for that long), it hurts like a bitch.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^That sounds about right Dankind lol these felines are easily perturbed ;)
    And very sorry for the loss of your little guy samjam. 

My cats that normally can't stand each other decided to come together in a little peace and harmony this past Sunday. They look like I posed them this way. The power of a sunspot on a messy bed. Sashi & Gizzy

So pretty!  Although Gizzy has that "I will kill you" face.
    ^ Thanks and yes she has that sunshine attitude! At first they get all lovie and then after a little too much sun they get ornery! 
    Speaking of ornery, am I allowed to vent in here if my cat whom I love more than anything in this world smears shit on the bedspread or pisses on a throw pillow?

It appears as though that sort of thing is frowned upon in the doggie thread with its douchey fucking positivity police.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    OK by me - lord knows I'll do that when I step in their puke or encounter the dreaded steamy stinky poop pile.
    edited March 2018
    Thanks, Hedo. It appears as though I’m a cat person. 

I’ll try to get some good photos of her swatting the ever-loving shit out of the dog, too. She’s totally the “get off my train!” ghost. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Speaking of ornery, am I allowed to vent in here if my cat whom I love more than anything in this world smears shit on the bedspread or pisses on a throw pillow?

It appears as though that sort of thing is frowned upon in the doggie thread with its douchey fucking positivity police.
    Oh man, yeah, that would be something to vent about! 

The only cat I ever had problems with poop wise was my Manx back in the mid 70's.  She would very carefully dig a hole in the cat box and then proceed to put her butt up against the wall and turn it cat-shit brown.  This was before cat boxes had covers but she would have just done the same to the inside wall of the cover.  Her major redeeming feature (besides, of course, the fact that she was a cat and a Manx at that!) was that she fetched a ball thrown across the room.

The other minor cat poop issue is our currant store cat, Edward.  Edward has the most lethal, nose hair curling, God-awful stinking to high hell cat shit of any I've ever known.  But how can we not love Edward, right:

Aw, Edward. 

In addition to not covering, Molly never learned to piss properly. She doesn’t squat; she just lets it all go while standing straight up. So we had to get her a very tall litterbox that she enters from the top. She still manages to shoot it out of the box sometimes, but it’s rare. She’s 17, and thankfully, she can still enter and exit her litterbox without any issues. She has had some issues with finishing up her poops before she exits lately, and she doesn’t clean her butt very well :sick:

But I still love her more than anything. I nearly left my family for her several years ago. She was having urinary issues, and my wife brought up getting rid of her because she was simply destroying everything in our apartment. I stated with the utmost sincerity, “If she goes, I go. You and the kids can visit us if you want.” Three removed bladder stones and $1,200 later, my wife felt like absolute shit for ever suggesting such a thing. They share a lot of common ailments between them now, so my wife has a little more sympathy. 

She’s in the spot from Brian’s bedspread photo right now. 

My girl. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Pretty boy!  (and girl)

George wanted in on the cuteness-sharing. 

Did George get into your stash?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Nope, that's just George in his second-favorite mode.  First and third are eating and running around going nutso.

He's a huge fan of catnip though.  Adorably so.

I love that boy!  And Beans too :)
    ^^^ Molly and George!  Nice!

brianlux said:
    X2 Love all the 10C kitties!
    Best part is watching them settle in before they get that "ahhhh" expression.

Leopards are my favorite of the big cats.
  • Big cats are beautiful animals.

I love tigers, but leopards are no slouches, Hedo.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    I'm a tiger when I want love.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    brianlux said:
    X2 Love all the 10C kitties!
    :plus_one:

Molly destroys the hand monster. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    It's the predator in them (which I love).

Earlier I was simply going to dry my face after washing it, and Beans went for my forearm.  I've learned to leave it place rather than further the attack instinct.