Who are you?

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
I notice a lot of names on here, a lot of regulars that often contribute to conversation, but none of us know each other. I’m just wondering who you all are?! I will start! 

My my name is Riley Doyle, I’m 22 and grew up in Anchorage Alaska. I loved my childhood. I started fishing when I was in 4th grade and salmon fish every summer. 
I grew up playing hockey for fun and was a goalie on my high school team for a year. I still love hockey and am a huge Washington Capitals fan. 
I went to a university for 3 semesters and decided I didn’t really like it. 
My passion is mountain biking. I started riding bikes in 6th grade and learned how to do “trials” riding. Basically where you maneuver yourself through obsticals while not puting your feet down. 

I then started riding mountain bikes a lot and competing in Alaska. ( very very amerure.) 

my girlfired wanted to go to go to school out of Alaska so I convinced her on Bellingham Washington. It’s one of the best biking towns in the US. I trained hard in 2016 and got my USA cycling pro license. I raced pro events in 2016 and 2017. 

This year im taking a step back and am going to focus more on riding for fun, and doing longer adventure rides. Racing is very expensive and exhausting. 

I got into Pearl Jam in 11th grade. I was going through some shit with my friends and a girl I was interested in. Long story. But I stumbled across Jeremy, and Black. It took off from there. In 12th grade my friend Cameron and I traveled to Spokane to see them and it was unreal. The next year I saved my pennies for Denver. And then I saved pennies for global citizen and again for MSG in 16. Best band ever. 

i proposed to my girlfriend of 4 years on October 7 2017 and we are getting married in Alaska in July. And then she’s hitting Seattle night 1 with me. I’m doing night 2 solo, and then my friend Cameron and I are driving to Montana to see that show. It’s shaping up to be a great year. 

For money, I buy and sell original vintage movie posters and advertising material. Mostly through eBay. I decided I hated working for people and am trying to hustle on my own!! Some stressful nights I tell you. 

I covered mostly everything! Who are you? I’m Riley

Comments

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Hello Riley
    What a nice thread, I’m Anna a 37 yr old PJ fan from Sweden. I grew up in a very small town, the youngest of four siblings. When I was younger I’d spend most of my time in the stable.
     I had my own horse there and fun people to spend time with. I like all kinds of sports but I’m not particularly good in any.
    I like music off course and would want to learn how to play piano and guitar better.
    I discovered PJ when Riot act came out, I fell in love with their music and quickly bought everything they had given out. :) I also became a member on this forum at that time.
    At first I only wrote poems but later I started to write in other parts of the forum as well.
    I think my life is kind of ordinary in a good way. 
    I have my own family now with two kids and it’s great. I enjoy to spend time with family and friends, travel etc. I live kind of close to a big city now.
    I work with dialysis it’s ok but I’m thinking about trying something new. 

Best regards !
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    My name is Mud
    Not to be confused with Bill or Jack or Pete or Dennis
    My name is mud and it's always been
    'Cause I'm the most boring sons-a-bitch you've ever seen
    I dress in blue-yes navy blue
    From head to toe I'm rather drab except my patent shoes

I make 'em shine, well most the time
    'Cept today my feet are troddin' on by this friend of mine
    Six foort two and rude as hell
    I got to get him in the ground before he starts to smell

My name is Mud
    My name is Mud,
    But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie
    That's long for Mud, so I've been told
    Told that by this sonsabitch that lies before me bloated blue and cold

I've got my pride, I drink my wine
    I'd drink the finest except I haven't earned a dime in several months
    Or were it years
    The breath on that fat bastard could bring any man to tears
    We had our words, a common spat
    So I kissed him upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat
    My name is Mud

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Riley do you have access to either a Shawshank or Big Lebowski original poster?  Might be interested...the prices I have seen are unreal given the questionable condition. 
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Riley do you have access to either a Shawshank or Big Lebowski original poster?  Might be interested...the prices I have seen are unreal given the questionable condition. 
    I haven’t come across any in the big collections that I have bought. I know Shawshank sells for $150 - $600 depending on style and condition. It’s one of my favorite movies! 
    I have big tubes full of rolled 90s Posters I’ve never been through. I will start getting into them soon! And let you know if I find any. 
    Cool, thank you.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'm Brian Lux, lead guitar player for the most famous unknown band on earth, The Mismatched Plaids aka "Bad Plaid".  The other member of the band is is my wife.  She plays nothing but she does make me look better.  We only played one show with zero notes.  Take that, White Stripes!

Here is the promo shot for that show:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm nobody!
    Who are you?

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Nobody?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I’m not sure...
    https://youtu.be/sVyRkl5qNb8
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Jose an immigrant naturalized citizen 57 yrs young , father of two young adults been married to the same woman for the last 26 yrs ! love music and outdoor activities been part of this forum since 2005 but joined 10C in April 1993 ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Hi....I'm Gern
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    This is Bentley.....

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Im rob. I wear my heart on my sleeve. Ive met some fantastic people at pj shows. I have 4 kids oldest 19. Youngest 6 months i am 42. 
    I have loved pearl jam since i was 17 when 10 came out. First saw them 93. Last saw them 2014. 36 times i think. Lots of ed shows and i was a bricklayer. Until i got ill. Now im a mess. Trying to survive. I like to love everyone. I rarely dislike. And never hate. I give freely and i am a sensitive soul.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    This is Bentley.....

That's a nice looking dog! I love his fur colors and his eyes are fucking awesome.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Hi! said:
    This is Bentley.....

That's a nice looking dog! I love his fur colors and his eyes are fucking awesome.
    Yeah he's a supermodel
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    dankind said:
    Nobody?

LOL!  Only I don't think of Gary Farmer when I think of Hedo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Nobody?

LOL!  Only I don't think of Gary Farmer when I think of Hedo!
    :relieved:

=)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Alex.. a poor Greek..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    23scidoo said:
    Alex.. a poor Greek..
    I think you're an excellent Greek.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    23scidoo said:
    Alex.. a poor Greek..
    I think you're an excellent Greek.
    Thank you my sweet friend..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My wife Christine and I at Fenway. We have five kids.  See ya at wrigley!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^^ Another one of us who clearly outkicked his coverage! 

:lol:

I kid, I kid....
    (You kid and kid and kid and kid and kid, apparently!)
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife Christine and I at Fenway. We have five kids.  See ya at wrigley!

No wonder you look tired. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    ^^ Another one of us who clearly outkicked his coverage! 

:lol:

soooooo true lol.
    oftenreading....I am forever tired because of my kids lol.  Our four year old somehow ends up in our bed every single night for the past two years.  coffee and lots of it is my best friend.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I’m Quinn, a medicine man.  I once watched a grown man fart directly at my face.  90 degree angle, unclothed butthole. Changed my life forever.  I can lift a fully grown horse above my head and have never lost a battle to a mammal.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    I'm Lou, 40(ugh, hate that) mum to two kids in the UK. Been a fan since '93.... I'm a physio rehabbing amputees (?physical therapist in US). I live in the countryside in the south of England. My loves are exploring the countryside with my dog, practising yoga and drinking red wine. Pre-kids i enjoyed travelling as often as i could, but now we dont do so much.. Making up for it this summer with solo trips to euro and Seattle shows. That's pretty much me. 
    Not to be confused with Loo.  ;)
    That is awesome that you are doing the solo trips.  My wife would kill me if I went trans-atlantic w/o her!
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Not to be confused with Loo.  ;)
    That is awesome that you are doing the solo trips.  My wife would kill me if I went trans-atlantic w/o her!
    Ha. Yeh husband not really a fan, so just told me to go for it. I thought he'd lose his shit at the suggestion of Seattle, but so far so good