DAVE HAUSE

binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
Are there some other DAVE HAUSE fans here in the forum?
I really like his music.

http://youtu.be/0jXpHxpTTjg
Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
19 Düsseldorf
Watch my videos on YouTube
Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<

Comments

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Dave Hause is incredible. Terrific song writer, incredible live performer, better person. Met him a few times briefly at Gaslight and related shows. Just a very gracious guy.

I'm more familiar with his solo work but have been getting into The Loved Ones stuff lately (Jane is a great song). Both of his solo albums are great.

Check out his instagram today theres a couple of really funny Blink182 posts of his. I assume he's at a festival with them today in Europe.
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367

Dave Hause is incredible. Terrific song writer, incredible live performer, better person. Met him a few times briefly at Gaslight and related shows. Just a very gracious guy.

I'm more familiar with his solo work but have been getting into The Loved Ones stuff lately (Jane is a great song). Both of his solo albums are great.

Check out his instagram today theres a couple of really funny Blink182 posts of his. I assume he's at a festival with them today in Europe.

His "The Loved Ones" stuff is good but his solo stuff is much better I think so. I really like when he plays the acoustic guitar. He really is a very friendly and nice guy. Talked to him in a small record store in Stuttgart/ Germany after he did a small acoustic set in the afternoon before supporting The gaslight Anthem in the evening. He had a several hours train trip from Vienna to Stuttgart but he did a great job in the afternoon and also in the evening.

Just have a look at this video and You know what I mean.

http://youtu.be/w7k2b4nhhRs
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • hammahamma Posts: 88
    His show @ the middle east in boston was one of the best shows I saw last year. Both of his solo albums are great. I can't wait for him to come back to Boston
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Debated making a thread for him for the last year and figured nobody here knew who he was. Jesus.... with him, Dr. Dog, Kurt Vile, The War on Drugs and Strand of Oaks.... Philly's music scene is kickin' it into high gear.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway

Debated making a thread for him for the last year and figured nobody here knew who he was. ...

First I thought the same. But then I thought "So, if no one knows him, I have to introduce some jammers into good music!" ;)
    I like both solo albums, so I hope he will do another anytime soon. But I don´t think so, DH is touring the whole time ;).

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Love this guy.  Have really gotten into his stuff the past few months.  Bury Me in Philly is such a great album.  He's playing this pretty small place in Chicago in April...hoping I can make it to check him out.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Love this guy.  Have really gotten into his stuff the past few months.  Bury Me in Philly is such a great album.  He's playing this pretty small place in Chicago in April...hoping I can make it to check him out.
    Where?  I've been wanting to see him for a while.
    Really enjoy his solo stuff.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Malroth said:

Fitzgerald's in Berwyn.  Wish he was playing somewhere in the city, but Fitzgerald's is a pretty cool place for a show.
    Malroth said:

Fitzgerald's in Berwyn.  Wish he was playing somewhere in the city, but Fitzgerald's is a pretty cool place for a show.
    Thank you. He opened for social d in ft wayne, but he was the first opener, not the second, so just missed him.

• jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,586
    I've always enjoyed his music on the Revival Tour samplers and I have started to dive into his stuff more over the past month. He's got a great voice, I hope to see him live one day.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    edited March 2018
    Saw him and his band "The mermaid" last year for the first time live and 2 weeks ago Dave with his brother Tim (opening for Brian Fallon). Dave Hause is a great musician and I really like his 3 albums, especially "Bury me in Philly".

Post edited by Bine75 on
    Wife surprised me with a babysitter.
    Just bought two tickets for under 30 dollars including fees, and found this video.
    https://youtu.be/6LPlz4u_6D0

He killed it Friday night.
    Good live music is awesome.
    Malroth said:
    He killed it Friday night.
    Good live music is awesome.
    Nice!  Bummed that I couldn't make it on Friday.  What was the crowd like at Fitzgerald's?  Kinda a weird place for him to play...
    Crowd was really good. Lot of joking around with dave. Most seemed to be big fans.
    Fitzgeralds was nice but hard to find.  The one little paper showing where to go fell down in the rain, so a lot of people were wandering around
    Anybody have a good quality download of a Dave Hause show?
    In no faith
    Just picked up Bury Me in Philly on vinyl from amazon for only $18.  I didn't even realize it was a clear vinyl until I got it in the mail yesterday...sounds great!
    Going to be at Ohana this year.
    On his facebook page it states Vedder curates Ohana and he is excited to be invited.
    Does vedder really curate this festival?
    In no faith
    And a european tour as well!

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Liking the new song.  Already pre-ordered the vinyl and got tix for his show in Chicago.  He's playing at a bar that only holds a few hundred people...should be cool.
    Just got tickets for night 2. Night one was sold out before I even knew he was coming.
    Malroth said:
    Just got tickets for night 2. Night one was sold out before I even knew he was coming.

Yeah I got tix for night 1 in Chicago.  Just randomly saw it on instagram 1 day out of nowhere and got the tickets.  Never been to a show at GMan tavern before....should be awesome in such a small place.
    New album sounds great!  Saw him live for the first time on Friday night and it was a blast.  Played in a super small place with maybe 200 people.  Still waiting on my vinyl pre-order to come...should be here soon.
    New album sounds good, that's true! I'm really looking forward to see him again in May in Germany. Will be my 7th gig. 

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Saw him Saturday at the gman. Had a blast also. Smallest place I've ever seen a concert.
    Liked the songs off the new album.
    Malroth said:
    Saw him Saturday at the gman. Had a blast also. Smallest place I've ever seen a concert.
    Liked the songs off the new album.

I knew it was a small place but I was shocked how small it was when I walked in there.  Sounds like they're playing these super small places just to road test these new songs and will be playing some bigger places later on.  That was awesome.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Loving the new album, Fireflies, Bearing Down are exceptional and really hit home.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
    Liking this album more every time I listen to it.  Dave is such a good dude....talked to him for a bit after the Chicago show a couple weeks ago and he was super nice.