Options

ARTIFACTS: The Rock Art of EMEK - A Career Retrospective Saturday February 24th

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,744
https://haightstreetart.org/blogs/news/artifacts-the-rock-art-of-emek

ARTIFACTS The Rock Art of EMEK - A Career Retrospective

The Haight Street Art Center invites you to see ARTIFACTS, an exhibition honoring the life and work of pioneering artist Emek Golan. This extensive retrospective highlights many key works from Emek's award-winning career. Hailed as “the thinking man’s poster artist” by Henry Rollins, Emek is known for his deeply nuanced illustrations, stitching together allusions to popular culture with deeper meditations on a wide variety of issues and causes. In an Emek poster, environmentalism and civil rights merge with rock music in a seamless blend of art and activism. Join us for this exclusive exhibition devoted to one of history's most innovative and acclaimed poster artists. 

Sign up for the email newsletter at the bottom of the page to receive updates about the opening and other upcoming events!  

Opening Reception: Saturday February 24th, 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Gallery Hours: Wed-Sun 11:00am to 5:00pm

Comments

• Options
  • Options

"Artifacts" is a 24" x 18" silkscreen print on Gold Foil paper. Available only at the Haight Street Art Center on Opening Day (2/24 6p PST) and until all 300 limited edition prints are gone. Each poster is signed, numbered & doodled by the honored artist, EMEK.

• Options
    I went to the opening on Saturday night and the show is an amazing collection of Emek's works.  There are 200+ posters on display throughout the gallery and an entire wall devoted to Pearl Jam / Eddie Vedder shows that was 8-10 posters.  If you're around SF, I'd highly recommend checking this out.
  • Options
    Would of loved to own one of these ..

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Last night I picked up the Chief, the Flying Whale, and the Pixies Skull with a Record Player for a brain prints. There is still a lot left over... https://haightstreetart.org/collections/emek
  • Options
    ^ thanks!
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Awesome. I'm going to be in San Francisco for a few days next month and I'm definitely going to be checking in on this. This has made my day!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options