THANK YOU PEARL JAM - SORRY A LITTLE CHEESY

Ten was the first album I had purchased on CD. I was in 7th grade when it came out. Before picking this album up my best friends older brother had gotten us into Minor Threat, Jane's Addiction , Nine Inch Nails and GWAR. I listen to this CD non-stop. I would just keep MTV on to watch the Jeremy video. I picked up VS and Vitalogy as soon as they were released

After this I went into a good phase of being a hardcore / punk rock scene and pretty much writing off any band that would play a venue ( or VFW Hall ) with a capacity over 400. I suppose that was how it went and I just stopped listen to PJ.

Fast Forward to 2013 and PJ20 was on Netflix , I was watched it and started watching it again as soon as it was over , it just blew my mind to how amazing of a band they are. A friend had an extra ticket to go to the Hartford CT show on the LB tour and I just feel in love with the live show that night. I downloaded 8 bootlegs from that tour ( MA , PA , NY , CA (San Diego & Oakland )  , WA ( Spokane & Seattle ) and Leeds from 2014. These became my albums and I learned nearly all of the discography thru these recordings. They each had such a feel to each show , nothing phoned in just pure rock. Also going back and listen to the actual albums , they live versions are so much better than any studio recording ( this is a huge complement by the way )

I got locked out of tickets to Fenway in 2016 , I was super bummed. The day of the show I found a 10C member whom had an extra ticket for night #2 , I had never meet this person before and they did not even charge me for the ticket when I tried to give them money. That night was amazing and I made sure to sign up for 10C after for a better chance at tickets.

I had a set of tickets to both nights at Fenway this year and I just cannot wait, so thank you 10C , obviously a dream come true would be winning the lottery of the 1 or 2 row, however even with a high 10C number I could care less, I am going to be in the building for both shows and I cannot fucking wait.

Thank you Pearl Jam for making amazing music , thank you the 10C for just being amazing people ( Still can't get over someone giving me the ticket at no cost ) and one more for PJ for making a great fan community were they care and go out of there way to help get tickets into our hands.

That is all sorry if it was cheesy. Just wanted to say THANK YOU.

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Well said and enjoy the shows!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    Rock on! :rock_on:
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Cheers. Enjoy the shows. 
  • LOL sorry for the grammatical errors thru-out I was writing this at work pretty fast.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    grilled cheese GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Sorry, I missed everything beyond the statement . . you were in 7th grade . . .flashed back in my life but couldn't get back beyond 9th grade.  :)  I'm kidding, thanks for sharing your story.  I wasn't too much older than you when I was introduced to The Who, changed my life, so I can relate.  Glad you found your way back.  I was at Fenway 2016.  Have a blast!! PJ live is truly an experience to experience again and again and again.  

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Well said! Great post and can relate to your feelings about this awesome band we come together on this site to talk about!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris